Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

General Banter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden State Homos....

Apprentice,

The Golden State Homos lumped Michael and his Wizards tonight. :)

Anyway, Chicago HAVE to be the worst team in the league. How do you lose by 53 fcuking points at the NBA level. They were outscored 33-10 in the second quarter and the Bulls hit a long 3 pointer at the buzzer to make it 10. Fcuking ridiculous when a team gets beat this bad, for all fans of the NBA.

As for contenders, I also had Milwaukee going to the final last year. They will be there in the end again and Orlando will self destruct because of age and selfishness. BTW, no one should ever compare any player to Dr. J, especially a big selfish baby like Tracy McGrady. Sensei, Sensei, Sensei......

They should just give the Lakers the trophy now and not waste time with the long schedule. I couldn't be happier that the Grizzlies are fcuking awful again this year.

Sacramento will be good too but Webber, who is obviously a good player, completely changes the focus of the Kings. Right now, they are just going and playing and spreading the rock around equally. When he is in the game, he takes a lot of bad shots and basically has the rest of the team standing too often.

Once again, we all must agree that the champion will come from the West.

Captain

How bad is this line-up? There are high school teams in the States that could beat this crap.....

Final 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
Chicago 14 22 10 28 74
Minnesota 34 34 33 26 127

Chicago REBOUNDS
PLAYER MIN FG FT 3PT OFF TOT AST PF ST TO PTS
Marcus Fizer 15 1-6 1-2 0-0 0 2 2 1 0 1 3
Charles Oakley 23 2-4 0-0 0-0 0 0 3 3 0 3 4
Brad Miller 22 2-7 4-5 0-0 2 2 0 4 4 2 8
Greg Anthony 22 1-7 0-0 0-2 0 1 3 2 0 1 2
Ron Mercer 29 7-14 0-0 1-4 1 3 1 2 1 1 15
Tyson Chandler 22 3-4 0-2 0-0 1 4 0 4 0 3 6
Trenton Hassell 23 2-4 2-2 0-0 1 4 1 0 0 3 6
Kevin Ollie 21 2-6 2-2 0-0 2 4 3 1 1 2 6
Fred Hoiberg 17 0-3 0-0 0-1 0 1 1 0 0 0 0
Eddy Curry 11 3-5 3-5 0-0 0 1 0 2 0 0 9
Dalibor Bagaric 21 2-7 3-6 0-0 2 6 3 2 1 3 7
A.J. Guyton 14 4-6 0-0 0-0 0 1 2 0 0 0 8

Fred Hoiberg? Kevin Ollie? Trenton Hassell? Charles"fine me $50000" Oakley, Dalibor Bagaric? Fcuking shambles.

And for the Grizzlies, this was a gimme. I can't believe CD didn't bet the house on this one......:rolleyes:

11:29 left in 4th 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Total
Memphis 10 33 17 0 60
LA Lakers 19 36 32 2 89
Full Time Outs: MEM - 2, LAL - 3
20 Second Time Outs: MEM - 1, LAL - 1

Last Scoring Play
11:29 LAL - M. Richmond makes a 17-foot jumper from the right wing. Assist: R. Horry

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors

Apprentice,
You were exactly right when you said Raptors need consistency.
Losing to the 2-5 Nuggets is just plain crap.

Gotta love those new Sonics jerseys though. A little retro.
SWWEEEEEETTTAAA!!!!!!

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about The Glove

GP is putting up some serious numbers and a few wins. Heard some rumours that he may be headed to NY?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No surprise

That doesn't surprise me Bert.
Where else would someone who has an attitude go. It seems like eveyone who thinks their hot shite and is an arrogant bastard, or is just plain dirty, goes to New York.

Best player New York ever had.
:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors lose again

Vince Carter had 23 points in a losing cuase agaisnt the Sacramento Kings. The consistancy is not there and they will continue to lose against the big teams like the Kings, Lakers and Timberwolves. The rest of the team has to pick up there game. Vince carter is the only one putting up the numbers. Davis has to turn his game arround and show he is worth that big contract.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NBA Announces Players of the Week

NEW YORK, Nov. 19 --

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson and Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett today were named Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, November 12 through Sunday, November 18.

Garnett led the Timberwolves to a 2-1 record, averaging 24.3 points and 13.3 rebounds.

Iverson, who missed the team’s first five games due to injury, led the 76ers to a perfect 4-0 mark this week by averaging 26.3 points, 4.5 assists, 4.3 rebounds and 3.25 steals. Garnett led the Midwest Division-leading Timberwolves to a 2-1 record, posting averages of 24.3 points, 13.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists.

Here is a look at the week for Iverson and Garnett:

Allen Iverson, Philadelphia

Tuesday at Miami: Scored a game-high 25 points and had three steals in 82-76 road victory
Wednesday vs. Charlotte: Scored a season-high 33 points, had seven assists, five rebounds and three steals in 100-86 victory.
Saturday vs. New Jersey: Scored a game-high 28 points, had a season-high seven rebounds and five steals in 94-82 road victory over Atlantic Division-leading Nets.
The 76ers are a perfect 5-0 since his return to the lineup from injury.

Kevin Garnett, Minnesota

Tuesday vs. Cleveland: Scored 28 points, had 14 rebounds and six assists in Minnesota’s four-point loss to Cleveland.
Friday at Indiana: Scored 24 points, had 10 rebounds and six assists in double-overtime road victory over the Pacers.
Saturday vs. Orlando: Had 21 points, a season-high 16 rebounds, six assists, two blocks and two steals in 103-95 victory over the Magic.

At 8-1 the Timberwolves are off to their best start in franchise history.

Other Eastern Conference candidates for NBA Player of the Week were Chicago’s Brad Miller, Cleveland’s Andre Miller and Lamond Murray, Miami’s Eddie Jones, Orlando’s Tracy McGrady and Washington’s Michael Jordan.

Western Conference candidates for NBA Player of the Week were the Los Angeles Clippers’ Elton Brand, the Los Angeles Lakers’ Shaquille O’Neal and San Antonio’s Steve Smith.

-Sensei.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors

They lost another close one 88-84 to the Pistons. Carter had a chance to tie the game in the final seconds but put up a brick off the backboard to end the raptors chances. The Raptors are a good team, but need to start beating teams like the Pistons. They are not winning the games they should win, and agianst the top teams in the NBA they have stunk. The Raptors at this point do not look like they will have a repeat performance of next year.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors

All the hype over the summer has turned into shambles.They definately cant lose to the shite teams.It's still early but if this is any indication they will find it tough to make the playoffs:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check the standings......

The Raptors are a good team, but need to start beating teams like the Pistons. They are not winning the games they should win, and agianst the top teams in the NBA they have stunk

Coppertone, check the standings. Detroit have a better record than the Raptors and will make the playoffs this year. Stackhouse is healthy again, Clifford Robinson will give them some needed experience, and rest of the guys are role players(like Brian Burns-see Burnsie and Ball State CArdinals thread). Detroit will be pushing for a playoff spot this year, IF they stay healthy.

Captain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CENTRAL W-L PCT GB
Milwaukee 6-1 .857 -
Detroit 7-2 .778 -
Toronto 7-5 .583 1 ½
Indiana 7-6 .538 2
Charlotte 5-5 .500 2 ½
Atlanta 3-8 .273 5
Cleveland 2-9 .182 6
Chicago 1-9 .100 6 ½

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Know Clue

Anyone~

A pint for whomever can tell me the name of the Stadium the LA Clippers played in before the Staples Centre.

knvbcantsleeptillheknows!:(

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

You really are a fcuking moron. I never said that the pistons are bad, and that they weren't going to make the playoffs.I was talking about the Raptors, and said that the Raptors should beat teams like the pistons, and that they don't play well against top teams in the league. So, why don't you take your head out of your ass when you are reading. I am tired of having to explain all my post to your stupid fcuking ass.

The sixers win 94-89 over the pistons, and improve to 6-0 with Iverson in the lineup. Iverson had a monster of a game with 38 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Coppertonethinksshamrockshouldstopreplyingtocoppertonesposts:mad:

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Iverson

I am tired of having to explain all my post to your stupid fcuking ass.
Coppertone, maybe you should try to explain it to his face instead of treating him like one of your boyfriends.:D

I agree with the Iverson shout though. Without Jordan and Iverson, Washington and Philly lose. With them, Washington still loses and Philly wins. With the same numbers, this makes Iverson a way better performer than Jordan. Lately.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, you are dumb.....

Copperdick,

You insinuated that they should beat teams like Detroit because they are one of the weaker teams. Fcuking admit it. You said they stink it up against the better teams. Yes? If Detroit is one of the better teams, then you would be right, for the first time in TTP history. If not, then you wrong, again. I am guessing it is the latter of the scenarios. It is funny how dumb you really are, when I can outthink you with my head up my ass.......

CaptainwhoprobablyshouldtopreplyingtoCoppertonepretendingtoknowsomethingaboutsports

BTW, the Pistons are one of the top teams right now, if you missed what I was trying to say, Einstein.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did anyone catch the Raptors victory over the sixers. They lead the game preety much from begining to end and Vince carter played great. They shut down Iverson most of the match and never really let the sixers get anything going. They looked like the team that was one game out of the NBA finals. If the raptors play like that there are not to many teams that can beat them.

Coppertonewantstoknowhowknvbgotthatpictureofcaptain.:D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raptors

Mr C,

I saw the game and feel the same as you. They look great and if your country man Vincenzio keeps playing like the money man he is they won't only make the playoffs, they will make it to the finals.

Philly looks like a very one dimensional team. If Iverson is not carrying them they will not win. With the likes of Gieger retiring, Snow injured, and Lynch being traded the 76ers are a different team than last year.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malone to Mavs?

Has anyone heard the rumours that Karl Malone may go to the Dallas Mavericks?
That would be a nice move for the Mavs, as old as he is.
Surprisingly his is willing to go since he is playing for a 5-9 team.
:D

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malone

The main reason he wants to go is cause the Jazz are cursed and won't win a championship with him there.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Malone to Mavs....

I heard this one as well, which is surprising given the whole "Stockton and Malone farewell tour" that both players seemingly agreed to with the no-trade clauses and so on.

While the deal makes sense for the Mavs, I can't see Utah unloading a future hall-of-famer for Juwan Howard and two first-round draft picks.

As for Malone benefitting from this deal - you'd think he'd would realize that an NBA title isn't in the cards, that his chances came in 97-98 with the Jazz, and that a move to the Mavs doesn't get them much closer to beating the Lakers than it did with Howard. While Malone is obviously an upgrade at PF, it takes Howard out of the mix for the center position, meaning guys like Evan Eschmeyer and Shawn Bradley have free reign there. It also tarnishes Malone's career, a career which could be spent entirely in one city - something that doesn't happen very often in today's market.

Still, we are talking about Cuban, who can simply throw enough money or just nag someone to the point where they'll pull the trigger on the deal. It could happen.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0