Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Girls Metro Soccer Results

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The extreme three point champion has no problem catching Mohinders. And I think my play in net would more resemble that of Roberto Duran.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off to the Island!

Well, with this new "let the island teams play in our cup" rule brought in two days before the draw, we now must go play Nanaimo on their home pitch after we beat Eagleridge 3-0. We had no keeper (must've missed the same bus Shamrock's player did:( ) so we played "deny any shots" for the first 20 until we settled in. We beat them 7-1 a month ago in exhibition, so this was the kind of game you hate to play in the first round. We tied Vancouver 1-1 two weeks ago in our last warm up game which showed we can rise against the best so hopefully that will bode well for our island trip this Sunday. From speaking to the Surdel coach today, Nanaimo barely squeaked by them 2-1. I am eager to find out about the Semi-Abby game....Abby looked good recently (knocked off North Shore in first round 3-0) and Semi hasn't been sharp in the second half....Bravedart...any info from your neck of the woods regarding a Semi upset??

Captain.....congrats on keeping your spirits and jokes intact all season:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cart,

Semi won 2 - 1 in a very physical game by all accounts. 8 players on Semi play on Earl Marriott, which makes the high school team stronger. It was interesting to see that they seemed to play harder for their school team than they did for their club team. Congrats on your win and good luck against Nanaimo. I can't stand that team. Vancouver looked very strong on Sunday and will be tough for anyone to beat.........

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, when you put it that way.....

I guess when I re-read it, the "jokes" came across the wrong way....I meant the good banter and wit you regularly entertained us with on here:D :D

Well, Semi and CVI with 2-1 squeakers???? Innnntterreesstttiiinggggg.......;)

Semi has not had the form anywhere near a team ready to THREE-PEAT at BC's unless they pull it together quickly and pull something out of somewhere rather quickly against Vancouver!

Thanks for the good luck wishes....we'll need'em....just found out my best player (and stopper/center mid heart of our team) is going on a band trip to Seattle over the weekend while we are going the other way.....yeah, yeah, I know....I can hear it now....this one time, at band camp......:mad: :mad:

Captain....are you coaching youth again next year??

CDthinkshemaybeplayingSemiintheconsolationfinalforthirdspotinBC's:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cart,

No, I will not be coaching youth. I will be helping with the Club Ireland women's teams that will be 'starting' in September. We are really going to try and establish a strong women's program over the next couple of years. I just coached this year because the team had no coach and I knew a couple of the kids and their parents. It certainly was a frustrating season in many ways but nothing was more frustrtating than all the trivialities that come within the youth soccer organizations. How about yourself? Where will you be coaching?

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still in the works...

Captain.....we (BGSC) approached the women's league about "starting" a program as well.....and that is still in the works....

Did Club I take over existing teams or are these new expansion teams?? Interested because we looked at both avenues to add a women's program.

Have been coaching youth for 8 years now......so I am ready for a new challenge!

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bonus....

I guess one of the bonuses of coaching womnen instead of youth will be not having to bite my tongue as I have done many times over the years:D :D

You know......some of the things you've held back from saying for fear of upsetting the sensitive young'uns;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CD,

How did the game go?

I see Semi upset Vancouver on penalty kicks. It was 0 - 0 after regulation.......I am very surprised that Vancouver did not score any goals......

Captain

Semi1

Apr 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver game

yeah we beat Van. 1-0 in double over time on a blunt hand ball in their box not a shoot out. I dont think they were on their game
:D people doubted us but when we get on the feild it comes together. and you can see it..Also with Nanimo i hear the Referee pulled a no show? so its re -scheduled

semi player:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats, Semi player. I'm actually very happy that you knocked out a team, which was assembled to win the B.C.'s.......I guess they still technically have a chance but I'm still glad you won. Well done......Studsup, please check your PM's.......

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Semi!

Well, I don't know whether to call Semi's win an upset or not.....but I agree with CS....all I kept hearing was how Vancouver was going to win it all (still can I guess, by the back door to BC's).....but for Semi to win shows they are a big game team! I admit, after playing both the other top teams, I felt Nanaimo was the team to beat over Vancouver in a BC final...but Semi showed they deserve to be there going for the three-peat!

Our game?? Do I even want to go there again?? Ok, just for you TTP'ers bored at night. So many calls and emails these past two days, my ear is still red and warm!! Semi1 was right...the ref (and assistants) pulled a no-show. Actually, to be 100% correct, they were never booked by BCSA or Nanaimo, as the story seems to be coming out now! The Nanaimo mgr told me at kickoff time (when I was pondering the obvious question after traveling since 8am in the morning....."where the fcuk are the officials!?!?") that he emailed the BCSA ref cup scheduler on the Friday before with the time and location, but didn't hear back...so he ASSUMED they would send all 3 officials. Yep....nice. And BCSA is now saying that we left the field so it should be our loss! Here's the dilly'o.....we waited in the rain and cold on a cow pasture until 12:35pm (12:00pm kickoff time) when a ref finally showed up who then wanted to use one of their parents and my assistant coach as linespeople. Yeh, okay...for a cup game??? So we waited while they tried to round up 2 assistants....finally, at 1:20pm, we left the park to catch a ferry back. That's the scoop. And now I have our district and the metro league involved on our side agreeing this is crap....first BCSA said we take the loss because we leftthe field, now they are talking about replaying the game! Yeh...$450 and a travel day wasted all over again?? My girls (and their parents) already voted no to that one!

Sould be interesting......stay tuned, if you care!!

CD'sgirlshadthemostlacklustretrainingsessiontonightbecauseofthiscrap:mad: :(

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0