Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Girls Metro Soccer Results

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outrage.........

Cartdriver, having an opinion is just wrong.

You live in Canada, man, there's no place for revolutionaries. Get a hold of yourself, mate.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop harassing me.....

HV.....stop following me....you know what they'll write on here......"HV and CD tooting each other's horn again". Damn it HV, our relationship should be quiet, beautiful, and a thing for only us to share.....now get back to the FVSL thread so you can slag some Rangers!!:D

Fastshow.....let's just say my idol was the kid from that root beer ad......."you tell 'em Cartdriver, you tell the world":D

:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clowns.

Someone said they didn't know the guy 1v1 but "where there's smoke, there's fire..."

I don't know him either (while I have talked to people who do), so I won't pass judgement on him as a person.
Of course, Burnsie and CD have no problem with it...

You fcuking clowns don't have to deal with emails from people screaming slander here on TTP do you? That's where I was coming from...

I've got better things to do than track down non-members of TTP to get into a debate about little girl's soccer on TTP :rolleyes:

~Regs.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right?

Little girls soccer at least has potential to develop into good women players/teams one day. I've listened to Div. 3 and 4 mens banter and its ridiculous how great they think they actually are. Fat beer losers with nothing good to say except talk about themselves. I know that's not your beef I just thought I'd say how I feel about that annoyance on TTP from my point of view. I'd much rather listen to interesting conversations about the future of our sport. I understand what you're saying regarding the complaining on TTP, that must be a real piss off.

You took the job by being the moderator, which could make you the clown. Just kidding.

:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand what you're saying regarding the complaining on TTP, that must be a real piss off.
No problems with TTPers having a go, but in this case, it was going too far... what's the point of posting a link to the website of the team the guy coaches?

~Regs.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my own defense...

Regs... The "where there's smoke there's fire" comment wasn't mine, but your post above has it tied in with one of my quotes. So, in that regard, you're slandering me.;) :p

Seriously, if you didn't want the website link on here, you could have told me. It's the "World Wide Web" so it's not like I gave out a secret. And, plus he I posted the link to the coach's site, which he uses to advertise. It's found on BC Soccer Central too.

And also, let's be honest, this has turned into a somewhat constructive debate on youth coaching, by a bunch of people who care about our local game, and generally know what they're doing. Is that not a good thing?

Anyhow, Regs, I apologize if I opened up Pandora's Box here. I can only imagine what your "inbox" looks like on some days! Hey, and my Better Bastard registration is in the mail!:D

FBtryingtogetfcukingwormsbackinthecan:(

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Away for a while....

I was going to post here now, but I have been sent to the
corner for a brief TTP time-out!

:D :D :D :D

Hey Regs......if people complain, just quote the first amendment of the constitution......FREEDOM OF SPEECH!! It works for those damn Americans on everything. Or just use the OJ 5th amendment. Either way.....we'll try and be more sensitive....as a matter of fact, I'm going to go and buy some flowers for my desk right now to help with my sensitive side!:p

:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond 0 Semi 3

It should and could have been at least 10. Speaking of 10, that was the total number of players we had through the whole game. THREE flakes phoned up this morning claiming to be sick. Fcuking crap. Semi is definitely the nicest team in the league. Most teams have a few bi-atches on the squad but Semi was bi-atch free. I don't think they have enough desire to win the provincials though. Vancouver is still my pick, with Nanaimo coming second. No one else is even close at this point. Carly Barkley scored a hat-trick for Semi, which bodes well for our high school season. She is going to be a good player in University. I think she wears number 8, CD. What do you think of her? Do you remember her when you played? BTW, our goalie was outstanding today. Ironically, their first goal was blatantly offside, their second goal was DIRECTLY of a corner kick. Carly curled the ball directly into the net and the third goal was a questionable offside. However, they had more than enough chances and fully deserved to beat our defensive system. For the record, we registered 2 shots on net. Tre-men-dous......

Captain

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not bad....

Shammie.....3-0 is not bad with 10 players against Semi. And you are bang on.....Semi doesn't seem to have the desire for a three-peat! I predict Vancouver-Nanaimo in the Coastal and BC final....maybe Semi or Abby as a spoiler. We tied Abby 1-1 yesterday.....we were down again and came back in the second half. Physical game too.....Abby has improved so much on their possession, as in the past, they used to just thump the ball and their opponents....but they came out passing and keeping us on our heels. The tie ensured we get the 4th spot in the league and a home playoff game....not that it will help as we play awful on our own home turf:mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final standings.....

U-18 Selects # Team GP W L T Pts GF GA
1 CVI United 18 14 1 3 45 57 14
2 Vancouver Force 18 13 0 5 44 63 12
3 Semiahmoo Ladybugs 18 9 2 7 34 45 20
4 Burnaby Inferno 18 8 4 6 30 29 21
5 Abbotsford Extreme 18 7 5 6 27 38 28
6 North Shore Selects 18 7 7 4 25 32 35
7 SurDel Scream 18 4 9 5 17 22 34
8 Richmond Metro 18 3 13 2 11 12 55
9 Eagleridge Avalanche 18 2 13 3 9 21 56
10 Port Moody Ice 18 2 15 1 7 14 58

I am quite shocked that we actually won three games and stole two ties. Otherwise, it is easy to see how far ahead CVI and Vancouver are ahead of everyone else. However, Semi, if they're motivated could be a difficult game for anyone, even us. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cartdriver,

Who did you play today? I assume you'll see this after.

We play Vancouver today in the second round of the Provincials. Of course, we got a bye the first round. We have 11 players without my sweeper, thanks to a fcuking ankle sprain picked up while playing cnuting volleyball. All it means is that we will lose by 7 goals instead of 5 goals.

Prediction: Vancouver 7 Richmond 0

Thanks for coming out and thanks for a great season. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nostradamus or what......

Vancouver 7 Richmond 0

We played with the normal 10 players. Another girl decided she couldn't get to the game because of transportation problems. :rolleyes: We had co-MVPs for the match; the crossbar and the post. Between them, they stopped no less than SIX shots. It could have easily been a two touchdown victory for a VERY strong Vancouver team. If they don't win it, I will be VERY surprised.

Cartdriver, how did your game go?

The scary thing is, we actually won 3 games and tied 2 during the season. :confused: Our keeper was fcuking hopeless and she will be in net tomorrow for our big high school game. We are going nowhere quickly with the high school team if she performs like today. Shoc-king......

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Captain sounds like it was a nail biter(sp) today.:rolleyes: Look on the bright side your pathetic season is over and you don't have to waste anymore time.:eek:

Parkhead

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That does not bode well for tomorrow. I think we need to find a pre-game quote that mentions using hands instead of feet when you are in net. We also need to remind her that it is only four more months.

Well done on the call Captain. I guess it wasn't much of a defensive shell. That or the girls just didn't understand what playing for a tie meant. I hope you don't have to deal with garbage like that again next year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess it wasn't much of a defensive shell

The shell was supposed to be anchored by our good sweeper. The shell did not include Humpty Dumpty playing for 90 minutes. The shell was doing its' job(15 minutes) until our keeper decided to drop a cross into our net. It was only 2 - 0 at the half again. The shell needed oxygen tanks for the second half because there was nothing left. It was 4 - 0 with about 10 minutes to go. I think they understood what was being asked of them but I know they weren't capable of doing it. The shell also needs a goalie who is focused and able to stop basic shots instead of trying to kick them out a la Ken Dryden.

It doesn't bode well for tomorrow. BTW, 4 months is going to be forever now. It's ova, baby. I hate to say it but we are in big trouble tomorrow if our keeper even plays half as poorly as today. Our season will be completely rapidly in the playoffs too. Depressing when you have a solid team in front of you. Maybe we will have to play like the Oilers in the 80s.......Perhaps try and win 5 - 4.....

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart,

You should find a wig for tomorrow and play in net. Well actually that wouldn't help much either as you don't have any hands as well. But you never know maybe catching a soccer ball is easier than catching a Mohinder B-ball?;)

parkhead

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0