Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Globe & Mail: Whitecaps Win MLS Expansion Race!

Alberta RFC

Dec 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there really talk of changeing the name of the team?

I think the idea is to put it to a fan vote. There isnt a big chance they change the name. In seattle the Sounders didn't make the final ballot but won on the write in vote campaign with twice as much as the other crappy names they had.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there really talk of changeing the name of the team?

'Fraid so, but it would be extremely stupid to do so, especially with all the goodwill the name has in this community.

...which of course means that they will change it to something idiotic like the 2010ers.:rolleyes:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
they have to stay as the Whitecaps. or they could change it to ACBC and wear the new Adidas B.C. flag:D sorry Rich to much crack in my pipe today:wa:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) Polska said there will be endzone seats. I would like him or others to point that out in print or name their source. I have been in on and to various meetings with ticketing managers, game day ops folks, and operations folks from WFC and they have mentioned that while there may be ticketing, that doesn't mean there will be seats. The artist's rendering shows similarly to Crapgard stadium with a VIP Terrace on one side (Bar etc) and the supporters terrace on the other (probably the South, in relation to the field, side)

2) The name change thing is a circus tied to a promotion vehicle to build hype. We all know that the Province and Sun are going to run contests for 4 and 5 year olds to name the team and submit a mr. base skill level colouring job to design the new kit. And at the end of the day the name will remain the same.

3)I'm not sure how long Adidas is signed up to be the official partner for the MLS, I'm sure the Caps would be more than willing to swtich allegiances to Adidas for the greater good of the game.

4) On "TFC Style" Supporters vs. Seated folks. It all depends on what you want to see. If you want to go for the party and atmosphere you will probably want to get yourself seated in or ticketed in and around a supporters section. If you want to go to take in the game proper than i would suggest the club seats with the Prawn Sandwich crowd and senior citizens in their Whitecaps Tam hats circa 1979. We all know that this is not truly top class soccer and if I had my druthers, sitting and not participating in the atmosphere would have me over analyzing every missed pass, poor ball, and bad circumstance of defending, not fun in my books.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4) To be clear, I was taking the piss.

But do they really serve Prawn Sandwiches? Mmmmm prawns.

:knvb:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) Polska said there will be endzone seats. I would like him or others to point that out in print or name their source. I have been in on and to various meetings with ticketing managers, game day ops folks, and operations folks from WFC and they have mentioned that while there may be ticketing, that doesn't mean there will be seats. The artist's rendering shows similarly to Crapgard stadium with a VIP Terrace on one side (Bar etc) and the supporters terrace on the other (probably the South, in relation to the field, side)

2) The name change thing is a circus tied to a promotion vehicle to build hype. We all know that the Province and Sun are going to run contests for 4 and 5 year olds to name the team and submit a mr. base skill level colouring job to design the new kit. And at the end of the day the name will remain the same.

3)I'm not sure how long Adidas is signed up to be the official partner for the MLS, I'm sure the Caps would be more than willing to swtich allegiances to Adidas for the greater good of the game.

4) On "TFC Style" Supporters vs. Seated folks. It all depends on what you want to see. If you want to go for the party and atmosphere you will probably want to get yourself seated in or ticketed in and around a supporters section. If you want to go to take in the game proper than i would suggest the club seats with the Prawn Sandwich crowd and senior citizens in their Whitecaps Tam hats circa 1979. We all know that this is not truly top class soccer and if I had my druthers, sitting and not participating in the atmosphere would have me over analyzing every missed pass, poor ball, and bad circumstance of defending, not fun in my books.

missunderstanding...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

was referring to the fact you will be able to view the game from behind the nets..(for hooligans) i tried to edit it but my editing privileges have disappeard!

you can continue your crusade now Jonny;)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
forgive my ignorrance, exalty how many games do they play in the MLS?

This is what I got off wikipedia.

"Each team plays 30 games, evenly divided between home and away matches. Each team competes against every other team twice, home and away, for a total of 28 games. The remaining two games are intra-conference matches, often highlighting geographic and conference rivalries.

MLS has four berths in the CONCACAF Champions League. For CONCACAF Champions League 2009–10, qualifying teams include MLS Cup 2008 and Supporters' Shield winner the Columbus Crew, Supporters' Shield runner-up the Houston Dynamo, MLS Cup runner-up the New York Red Bulls, and 2008 U.S. Open Cup winner D.C. United. Columbus and Houston are automatically seeded into the Group Stage, while New York and D.C. are required to play in the Preliminary Round.

MLS also has four berths in SuperLiga, a competition jointly organized by MLS and Mexico's national football governing body, the FMF. The top four overall teams from the 2008 season, excluding those participating in the Champions League, qualify for SuperLiga 2009. This includes the Chicago Fire, the New England Revolution, the Kansas City Wizards, and Chivas USA."

Sounds pretty good to me so far, depending on prices of tickets. Nothing like a good night out at the caps game in the garden.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
so, 520 bucks for 15 home games. not bad. thx cascade.

no problem. this was the ticket prices at swangaurd so hopefully they stay the same. If they have decent prices the better the showing will be. Rumor has it the canucks may up their prices so it could up everything else. Only time will till I suppose.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0