Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier goal o' the week

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i would have to give my vote to neil wilkinson.
- 20 yard freekick,top right,over the wall,
with pace!

if you saw it you would agree.

anyone else score a cracker this weekend?

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My vote for goal of the week was a volley from the "18" by Toni Fonseca. He curled it into the bottom corner with his "other" peg.
It was also the go ahead goal for Sportstown as they beat Inter yesterday.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deanno

Deanno from Sporting scored a cracker too. Back to the net just on top of the 18, and a spin around volley on a ball coming across his body. Right peg, just inside the far post.

Cheers, Gomesy

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's Westside C striker. A young spunk from the U-21's smokes a full-volley from the top of the box, dips, catches the bar, straight down and in. Not even I could save it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shamrock Rovers

This team from the Richmond league.

Not the highest quality of soccer, to say the least, but this one guy will try anything from inside 35 yards: full volleys, bicycles, 360 headers, diving headers, diving full volleys with a back heal.

1 out of every 150 works. When it doesn't, who cares; but when it does the goal is fcuking spectacular!!!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
seen it before

diving full volleys with a back heal
Isn't that called a scorpion? I believe it is Cocco's patented (and only) move, best done when tending goal during co-ed.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the greatest league?

Whataboutbob,

Surely you are not talking about the greatest league in the country, are you? The Richmond Premier league is the best. I thought I made that clear the last 2 years. Oh well, maybe not.

I believe the fellow you are referring to is WEE Marty McCann with the red boots. I have seen one of his bicycle kicks go in but that has been it. Entertaining, definitely. BTW, I got a message that said you had tried sending a PM and it wouldn't go through because I had too many in my folder. I got rid of them now, I think, so if you want to send, send away..... Congrats on beating the Over 30 representatives in your league ! It is always tough to beat a team that plays for ties all the time. :)

Captain

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

You are right on with the guy I'm talking about. Has he no shame?! Good lad, though. You've made your points very clear with respect to the Rich Prem League.
I'll send the message.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty

Gets a new job on Friday, and scores a cracker winner against the Pups on Saturday.

Takes the ball off his chest from about 12 yards out and full volley into the near post, very nice for a big man with not much of a touch;) .

Great goal, hope to see more of that this year.

HOS:cool:

Not trying to butter up the bigman for free samples.

YoungRunner

Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bueno Marcelo!

Goal of the week definitely has to be Marcelo Giunto's left footed volley right off the goal kick from about 30 yards out which arched over Westside's massive netminder into the top corner on the far post. This goal was the nail in the coffin for Westside putting Argentina up 4-2 not to mention that the goal was scored short handed. He's Magic.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goals of the Week

Have 2 goal of the week candidates.

Fonseca's scissor kick was quality,chested down the cross and and chooped it over the goalie.Very nice goal.

A guy from Indo scored a cracker of a free kick against us,cant remember his name but what a goal.Curled one in from about 20 yds out and couldn't of been placed any better,skimmed both the crossbar and the post at the same time.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B

I'd say J_B's free kick goal for Sporting v Peg but by the sounds of things, it wouldn't match others scored this weekend.

~TB.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great keeping

I would have to say the worst goal of the week was the game winner Metro Ford Focus keeps "D.S." gave Surrey off of a heed by Wilkie...he may be a big lad, but he doesn't score too many with his mellon...I don't think the keeper should be waving at a ball that hasn't made it to him yet!!!!!

toobadsmilelycouldnotgetacrosstheboarderontime:D

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forgot to post Peter Rosati's cracker two weeks ago against the trollers. Was a great shot from twenty yards out that nailed the top corner. One of the best goals I have seen this year!

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Probably the best goal of the year was Tony Fonseca's bicyle kick last weekend against Serbia.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus

Don't you think it is a little early in the year to say the best goal of the year, there is still plenty of soccer to be played. I could see how you could say best goal of the week but maybe not year quite yet. I am not taking anything away from Tony, he is a quality player and by what you are saying it was a cracker.

Cheers
JB

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J B

When was the last time you saw someone score on a bicycle kick
from the top of the 18??? I don't see how a goal could get any better than that?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw Lui Miljanovic do it. He was standing 3ft in front of me and the reaction to what was a hard low cross (head height) was beyond world class.

That was about 10 yrs ago...fcuk I'm old.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0