Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Copa

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone is watching the Canucks game tonight, don't bother.

BJB just PM'd me to let me know that they already beat Calgary tonight 3-1.

I guess I can just watch the Iron Chef instead now.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Whiners.....

As for the WC there's only one score i'll be posting adn it will only bother Zenga and his Wop buddies.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever BJB!!

A-BLAH BLAH BLAH Wops will be crying. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Do you write your own stuff or does CDK give you a good rate. I thought only the Calabrese have big mouths.

B- STAY on topic dickhead this is GOLD COPA not Group G.

PS take highroler hank and go jump in a lake!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga: I think you and BJB went to the same Creative Writing course.

Canada: was justified with the win today. Made things interesting by spotting the opposition an own goal at 63 minutes (while playing with the extra man), but McKenna was definitely on side when he scored on the cross.

One thing: Canada sure got lucky late when that Martinique player missed the open net from 2’ out! Whew!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude!!

I must agree that goal was not offside!!! And again Hirscfield (sp) let a spotter go right through his hands. Fcuk this guy has to stop those ones.

I hope they play the Yankes!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe that the guy that fired that tap-in out for a throw-in was the same guy who blootered his pk all the way to Cuba.

A good div. 1 team could have beat Martinique.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlowJobBoy

If you have a problem with our Lads beating an unranked team then Fcuk off!!! who cares who they beat a win is a win... you were probably the same guy that said last Gold Cup Canada were Lucky to put out Mexico and beat Columbia in the final!!! again your comments are moot!!! bring on the Yanks!!!

GO CANADA GO!!! :cool:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

If you had a twin brother and you stood on his shoulders, you'd still be shorter than BJB.;)

I'm actually enjoying watching Canada in the Gold Cup. They may not have much skill, flair or any real attacking ability but, they play with a brave desire to get the job done defensively.

Now I know what it must be like to be a Scotland fan.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever

CDK, if you stood on my shoulders he would still be taller!!! so who cares, he is bashing our nation's (OK not brilliant but their ours) football team... I can't just read a tall guy's daft remarks and leave at that!!!
BTW, you have a point with the Scotland thing, about half of the lads on team Canada playing in the SPL:rolleyes: McKenna (Hearts) and Zauza (Livingston) to name a couple.;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McKenna plays in the back for Hearts,. He is then moved into a strikers role due to injuries on the National team.

He then proceeds to score 3 goals in 3 games (should have been 4 goals if the linesman wasn't as blind as Zenga's missus). What does fcuk wit go out to say...SPL must be shite???

Hairy-back, really and truly get your head out of your arse. You are far too thick to have a reasonable conversation.

Buckfast

PS - Can't wait for the reply, "Buddy, Scotland's best chance is 2006. Enjoy watching on tv, buddy fcuk" . The boy has skillz.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever works

Hey, if we could have 20 guys playing in the SPL, all the better. With no domestic pro league, I don't see how we could ever expect the National team to progress. At least that way, coach Holger can have his camps in Glasgow to minimize travel. The SPL may not be the #1 league in the world, but it is better than many- including the MLS where the bulk of the Yanks play.

It seems to me that the last time the Canadian team made a legit run at WC qualifying was when they blew it against Austrialia, after leading the two game total goal series late into the second game. I beleive that was around the same time- or just before- the CSL folded. I clearly remember watching that game at the old Mardis Gras in New West. Captain: confirmation???

Xausa is looking good. I do think he's being handcuffed by the latin american officiating though. He tends to be a hard tackler, and I saw he got a yellow for a challenge that wouldn't even be called a foul over here, or in the SPL.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi-Finals
January 30 -- Pasadena, California
Semifinal 1: Costa Rica vs. Korea, 9:30 pm EST
Semifinal 2: Canada vs. United States, 12:00 am EST
Try as I might, I can't find any mention of when it'll be broadcast. Anyone know?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read somewhere that it will be live (or 8:30 our time) on the eastern feeds of Sportsnet (83/84 (?) on the digital box), while Sportsnet Pacific will be showing it at 11pm or something to that effect.

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confusion

But then it says 12am on January 30. Isn't that Tuesday @ 9pm our time? I thought the game was actually on Wednesday.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper today is the 28th, doesnt Jan. have 30 or 31 days and Feb has 28?? Its on Tuesdat at 9:00 pm our time

Ithinkourmoderatorsarebeinglazyandbypostingalleventsonthettp calender:mad: :mad:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holger Osieck:
"I wish we had more progressive people in Canada."
Thanks for the attempt, Ref Beater. But, as it turns out, it's on tonight (Wednesday, Jan 30th) at 10.30pm on Sportsnet. Thanks for nothin'.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry

Sorry Keeper, but thanks for reminding about the game tonight. Any predictions on the score ??? I hate to say this but I say 3-0 USA. Canada showed no creativity offensively against Martinique and I just dont see them creating much vs the US

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref Beater...

...that'll be the half time score. Canada were sadly shocking in the last game. Pitiful. Ahhhh but this is the Gold Cup, therefore I predict Canada win 4-3. On a best of 7 coin toss.:p

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0