Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Cup 2007

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big game is today!

4PM KO - don't check this thread after that time if you are recording the game or watching a replay.

:rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the middle of the park for Canada matches up with the US. I think many are going to be truly surprised after this match.

3-1 Canada is my prediction.

Maybe.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go Canada Go!!

If anyone is in the East Van area... come by La Rocca Restaurant to watch the game with some local footballers.

Forza Canada!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell.

United Airlines was delayed an hour, and the boys seem to be already gone. What a piss off!:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the tix are good for this and the Mexico / Guadalupe game. Apparently a bunch of the Mexican's pulled rank, and when I was late, one snagged my ticket.

Cnuts!:mad:

Who am I kidding...I would have done the same.:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was brutal.

Simon Fern-esque (who was supposed to be an official at this Gold Cup but was sent home when he failed the fitness test when he got down there - seriously, not making this up) even.

2 other points - Nash was sub-par, almost looked like he was in over his head; Donovan acts like everything the rest of the world despises in American athletes... what the fcuk was with wrist tapping, looking to God, etc on the peno?

Grrrr....

:mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How that guy didn't get a straight red in the first half is absolutely behind me. 1 missed called, 1 call that should have been made. Frustrating.

Fcuk, I hate Landon Donavan. Can anyone fancy themselves more?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable! No balls from the referee in overturning the assistant's call. Thought he had a decent game until then.

Thoughts:

- Hejduk's goal was a dream strike. He scores 1 out of 100 in that situation. Unlucky Canada.

- Onstad took the striker down for sure for the peno, but didn't have to. Bailey's touch was shoc-king putting it past Onstad. Ball would have gone to touch line.

- Holy fukc did De Gru get rocked in that tackle by the US captain!

- Well done boys! Good game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about Donovan's 'skill' second half when he whiffed with an open net?

I wonder how he's going to be with Beckham on the same team - he seems like the type that will sulk when not 'the' player on his team...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of my best friends is best of friends with a high end player on the US Team.
(No names as I know he'll bollock me) :D

The word we got is Landon Donovan is a fcuking tit who actually believes he is the best player in the US (could be) but ranks himself as a top player in a global sense. (Pure, unadulterated comedy)
And, believe it or not, the US Soccer Federation buys into this to make his head even bigger.
Yes, and that's why you play for the Galaxy and not AC Milan or Man U right Landon? :rolleyes:
Knob...

He is exactly what you said Regs, an epitomy of what everyone in the world despises about Americans.
The arrogance is unbearable.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What else did coach have to say?

Mike,

Men against boys. USA 2 Canada 0.

E-mail from my "buddy" who abandoned me here.

Was this the final score? Tell me we made it close?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heads must roll on the officiating front after that. No flag was up when the ball was played and only called after the deflection (which still shouldn't have been considered off). Pathetic and shocking to say the least.

That first half challenge by Bochgeroca or whatever his name is must go down as a classic. How it wasn't a straight red, I'll never know.

Nice goal by Hume.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1

Canada disallowed goal in 94th minute. Wait till you see the highlites, you won't believe it.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Until FIFA in in this part of the world stops sucking up to officials (read in countries) of a certain first language (not English) we will continue to see the official's very sub-par performance that robbed all fans of a very exciting ending to this game: one that some may argue could have raised the interest in North America in this world game.

Poor, poor.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know it is unlike me to complain about refereeing:rolleyes: ,but come on.
Could be one of the worst snow jobs of all time.
Was it just me or late in the game did the US keeper not pick up the ball after receiving it from a throw in?

It wasn't even a deflection, it was a blatent header straight to the Can. striker/MF.

Ouch!:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0