Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gold Cup 2007

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has Stalteri ever played a good game for Canada?
Hastings was excellent
Hume is definitely effective
Gerba was missed when he was taken off.

Gotta hand it to the boys in red....they actually played soccer - sometimes not very accurate, but at least they attempted to play - Beats humping the ball up the pitch like years past.

Sandman

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw the so called offside goal and all I can say is Canada should be pissed!!! This was 100% onside??? Makes you wish they could go up stairs just like in hockey.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jobbed! Absolutely jobbed!

There have been lots of controversy swurling throughout the tournament that the only way sponsors and TV people are gonna get their money's worth from this tournament is if they get a US/Mexico final.

How can CONCACAF justify having a Mexican referee for this semi with Mexico in the other semi? How does US Soccer allow this to happen without bitterly protesting about it? They must have felt one of three ways:

(a) way over confident and arrogent (not an American!)
(b) knew they would be protected in getting there
(c) both a and b

Bocanegra should have been sent off for that tackle without a doubt. I still can't believe that a latin American referee, 10 feet away, doesn't throw him out? They hate that kind of rough s$%^! He makes that call, they game turns on it head and we kick the crap out of them. Are you telling me if that was Donavon going ass over tea kettle like that that Hastings wouldn't have been thrown out?

Canada could of had a PK when Onyewu interfered with Gerba on the collision with Keller in the first half and also when he tripped up Gerba in the second.

What goes around - comes around! We'll beat them in the final rounds of World Cup qualifying. It won't knock them out but it will knock us in. Maybe this is what we need to get our asses in gear and focus our attention on nailing down a spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid 9 minute clip of highlites from last night's game:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Kt7eNSwYA"]YouTube - Canada gets ripped off at the 2007 Gold Cup[/ame]

Fcuk I hate Donovan - whomever traded jerseys with him should be dropped from the team.

:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Robery!

I couldn't believe the offside call when I was watching it live, but on the way to training last night I realised how that call could have been made as Jonsey pointed out... Fcuking rubbish!!! Soccer Canada should be absolutely choked with the brutal display of officiating... I know crying over spilt milk won't get us into the final, but some inquery must be made... As Canadians we are too laid back and don't expect to win in these tournaments, but it is time we fcuking should!!! If this happened in hockey, the nation would come to astand still... Americana has planted its evil seed again!!!

BTW, that little bastard Donovan is a prancer... Dive, smile, wave, pray, dive... Embarassing!!! Hastings got him good once, but not close to enough... Maybe the guy who traded jerseys with him should burn the thing!!!

After watching the UTube link, I change my opinion... Fcuking Disgraceful!!!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Extended highlights from the game last night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Kt7eNSwYA"]YouTube - Canada gets ripped off at the 2007 Gold Cup[/ame]

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolute rubbish. When you pause the YouTube vid, you can acually see him start his run from on-side when the ball was played. It was a brilliant pass, and brilliant finish!

Apparently the crowd was very much on Canada's side, due to the large Mexican base here. Donovan took a lot of stick all game.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's no real question that Canada got fcuked over......the only question is what are they going to do about it?? In all likelihood nothing...but it is embarrassing nonetheless. Well done USA....you twats......

Oh and somebody really needs to snap that little homo Donovan....what the fcuk was up with kissing his knuckles and wrists.......what a fcuking homo!!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same referee that jobbed Canada in their qualifier vs Honduras by the way.

PS: The US had no player on the pitch the quality of de Guzman.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final is supposed to be at 12 noon Saturday (Pacific). I can't find it scheduled on GolTV yet. Anyone know a channel and when?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same referee that jobbed Canada in their qualifier vs Honduras by the way.

PS: The US had no player on the pitch the quality of de Guzman.

CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Soccer - Canada: Call burns Canucks

This article clarifies what Sir M mentions.

"It's not the first time Canada has been at odds with Archundia or members of his officiating staff. The referee called two late fouls against Canada in a World Cup qualifier with Honduras on Sept. 4, 2004. Archundia awarded Honduras a late penalty kick which led to the game-tying goal. Then a potential go-ahead goal by Canadian forward Olivier Occean was negated by a second foul and the game ended 1-1. Canadian defender Mark Watson disputed both calls at the time."

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blown call and tough pill to swallow but I can only put the blame on the ref myself and not on the whole crew. The linesman for me put the flag up because if you pause on the second replay right before the American defender heads it Hume does jump and almost makes contact and Atiba seems to be offside by that time. Considering he had a slight crowd in front of him I can see why, although rather impossible to head in that direction, he thought Hume might have touched it. Now what does Archundia do well instead of talking to the linesman since the ref had the best view he goes with the call which if they spoke he could have overruled. Oh well shite happens as they say and hopefully that call comes back and bites the States in the arse for WC qualifying.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CANOE -- SLAM! Sports - Soccer - Canada: Call burns Canucks

This article clarifies what Sir M mentions.

"It's not the first time Canada has been at odds with Archundia or members of his officiating staff. The referee called two late fouls against Canada in a World Cup qualifier with Honduras on Sept. 4, 2004. Archundia awarded Honduras a late penalty kick which led to the game-tying goal. Then a potential go-ahead goal by Canadian forward Olivier Occean was negated by a second foul and the game ended 1-1. Canadian defender Mark Watson disputed both calls at the time."

Oh boy do I remember that game. Canada played so well that game. Are we the most passive people on earth or what? We are so happy for what we have in this great country, we shrug stuff like this off. Gas prices. Taxes. Honduran officials crapping in our faces. We just let it go.

I'd still rather be Canadian and ranked 101st or 58th or whatever than American or Honduran and ranked 16. So there! :cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper this morning's paper says that the final is tomorrow (Sunday) on GolTV at noon. The UEFA U21 final (Netherlands vs Serbia) is today at 1130 on TSN.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0