Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf tracks BC & beyond

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: Golf tracks BC & beyond

Hugh Boyd's Pitch and Putt has recently renovated its' matts. Beautiful course in the heart of West Richmond with tricky greens and strategically placed bunkers. The dress code is standard. Anything goes.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

annual golf trip this year, Aug 13-18:

Talking Rock x 2
Tobiano x 2
Dunes x 2
Sun Rivers x 2
Ledgeview on the way home.

first time at Talking Rock and Tobiano. Heard nothing but good things so looking foward to it. Assuming of course the entire okanagan doesn't go up in flames before we get there.

point grey today with my new callaway x-20 irons.

You must be busy being a new father. :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Northwiew, Ridge - Brilliant as always. 11.5 stimp but it was like putting on linoleum(sp)

3 (somewhat) legitimate shots at eagle today... all ended in pars. :rolleyes:

$90.00 on weekends. It was totally dead out there this weekend and it's wide open tomorrow they told me. We had at least two groups clear in front and in back…

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Princeton this weekend, and was quite surprised. It was a very nice course, with a tricky layout. Looking at some of the yardage on the holes you figure they'd be easy but they seem to throw something in there to make it a challenge. And for $50 with a cart, you can't go wrong.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

-2 at the venerable Hugh Boyd pitch and putt today. Greens were lightning quick. A birdie, birdie finish to break the Captain's heart.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've played Rivershore, Sun Rivers, and Meadow Gardens a bunch this year. All were great. We're playing Talking Rock on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've played Rivershore, Sun Rivers, and Meadow Gardens a bunch this year. All were great. We're playing Talking Rock on Saturday. Looking forward to it.
Oh, so this is why...

jaded.

I hear good things about talking rock.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fat Dan Russell and his golf guests on Sports talk last night were raving about both Talking Rock and Big Sky as top 2 in BC IIRC.

knvb, I love Northview Ridge, but have a tough time justifying the cost to play there unless it is a work expense.

I'd humbly suggest that is why that track is a bit of a ghost town at times.

It is still the best shape course during the "off season" though as no course I have ever seen drains as well as that one.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I love Northview Ridge, but have a tough time justifying the cost to play there unless it is a work expense.

I agree. Tough to justify $100 for a round of golf on a regular basis....

Played Swaneset, links course, on the weekend. No shade or drinking water to be found and the beer cart chick hit us on 2, 8 and 17, well timed...:rolleyes:

Greens were in decent shape but the fairways were patchy and needed water. First time I played this track, lots of fairway sand in play, much to my disgust.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Swaneset, Kings Links, and redwoods are courses that suck if you have a hard time finding fairways off the tee.

~NeedToOwnSharesInTitleist ;)

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb, I love Northview Ridge, but have a tough time justifying the cost to play there unless it is a work expense.

I'd humbly suggest that is why that track is a bit of a ghost town at times.

It is still the best shape course during the "off season" though as no course I have ever seen drains as well as that one.

You obviously haven't played Beach Grove - our track hands-down is the best draining track around - bounce and roll 12 months. I've played Northview Ridge and Canal in the winter and it's a swamp comparitively.

BTW - 71 at Beach Grove today with a solid birdie birdie par finish

4ST OUT!!!:bronco::bronco:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Swaneset, Kings Links, and redwoods are courses that suck if you have a hard time finding fairways off the tee.

~NeedToOwnSharesInTitleist ;)
I played Kings Links today... dodgy at best. I'm sorry if my idea of golf is plush fairways, thick deep rough and manicured greens.... Kings Links is dead fairways and pitching and putting off dry dirt. Not a fun way to spend the day especially when you're following 4 drunk idiots in long swim shorts.

$75 and 5+ hours I'm not getting back,

KNVB

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

That bad eh!?

I haven't played there this year yet, and now probably won't... but last year it was OUTSTANDING value for money.

had good fairways, firmer than usual greens, incredibly difficult fescue(sp?) and other rough, and overall enjoyable (as far as target golf goes)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Portal this weekend, nice course, too many trees and hills for my liking :D I thought the greens were in excellent shape and easy to putt on, too bad it took me so many strokes to get there.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I played Kings Links today... dodgy at best. I'm sorry if my idea of golf is plush fairways, thick deep rough and manicured greens.... Kings Links is dead fairways and pitching and putting off dry dirt. Not a fun way to spend the day especially when you're following 4 drunk idiots in long swim shorts.

$75 and 5+ hours I'm not getting back,

KNVB

i wonder why they call it a links course? :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Playing Shannon Lake Golf Club tomorrow in Westbank/Kelowna.

Anyone played there? What should I expect? Their website is a bit humble and doesn't offer much in the way of what to expect...

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Playing Shannon Lake Golf Club tomorrow in Westbank/Kelowna.

Anyone played there? What should I expect? Their website is a bit humble and doesn't offer much in the way of what to expect...

Played there a number of years back - nothing really to write home about. As with any interio course the greens were in decent shape but not much to the imagination. Bang for buck is OK but would rather pay a few more bucks for a quality track.

My two bits.

4ST OUT!!!:bronco::bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was hoping for Quail or Bear or Gallaghers, but the customer lives two blocks from Shannon Lake G&CC therefore we are playing there, at his request, and on my companies dime. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0