Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Golf tracks BC & beyond

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: Golf tracks BC & beyond

i wonder why they call it a links course? :rolleyes:
I wonder why they call them sprinklers?

Links or not, if it wasn't on the light brown part with the hole and the flag then it was like playing on a dirt road.

Hyde Mountain for me tomorrow. Taget golf this place. A scaled down mini furry creek minus the billion dollar price tag.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

There are a couple of vacancies in the Capilano College (University) Alumni Soccer tournament this Friday starting at noon if anyone is interested. Post or PM me if you would like to play, it is a very good deal.

Sir M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shot my second hole in one today in my 'career'.....the 71 metre par 3 7th hole at Hugh Boyd Pitch and Putt. :) The daughters were there to witness it.......and they actually think Daddy is a good golfer now. :D Some things can be so deceiving........:D

-2 today

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

A great summer of golf. Tobiano, Talking Rock, Fairview Mountain. Banff Springs, Grey Wolf, St Eugene's Mission, Rivershore, Predator Ridge, Kananaskis, We Ko Pa,The Boulders, and a host of excellent local tracks including Pt. Grey, The Vancouver club, and Shaughnessy.
Everyone of them was brilliant in it's own right. Desert golf, Target golf, Resort golf, kick my ass, push me down, and take my lunch money golf...
Tough to top the summer of 2009 unless I win the lottery.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

A bunch of us trying to decide where to go for a weekend of golf in two weeks time...either Pemberton/Whistler (Big Sky and Nicklaus North) or head down south (Lake Padden, Shucksan, or Sudden Valley)....anyone golf any of these recently? Not sure what kind of shape Big Sky or Nicklaus North would be in at this time of year so I'm leaning towards going south....pretty sure they would be in good shape now...Anyone???

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

A bunch of us trying to decide where to go for a weekend of golf in two weeks time...either Pemberton/Whistler (Big Sky and Nicklaus North) or head down south (Lake Padden, Shucksan, or Sudden Valley)....anyone golf any of these recently? Not sure what kind of shape Big Sky or Nicklaus North would be in at this time of year so I'm leaning towards going south....pretty sure they would be in good shape now...Anyone???

Yeah, Whistler/Pemberton are probably in need of a bit more time at this point of the year.

All the courses you mentioned in Washington are great. For the money way better value than Nicklaus North. Homestead is a decent track with some good accomodation as well. Avalon ( south Bellingham- Mount Vernon ) has 27 holes to choose from.....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can't miss with Loomis Trail and Semiahmoo. Great courses.

Smallsy, you still have 1 more game to play! Get out of the Golf threads. ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

maybe a westside / delta ryder cup style competition monday...

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

may 15 - final in victoria (no golf planned :D )

may 19-23 - six rounds in palm springs!

late july - washington state, 10 round road trip including Chambers Bay.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

My lasting recollection of Homestead is that you cant buy beer on sundays :(
Nice enough track otherwise....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Have fun. Beautifal track. Played Sun Peaks 2 weeks ago. Beauty as well, lots of wildlife, tight, tight course. You go 3 yards off the fairway your ball is gone. Needless to say their pro shop makes a killing in ball sales.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Playing Tobiano friday. First time. Any advice?

Hit the ball straight, and keep it in the fairways.

Gorgeous Course, but you need to be kinda precise or your gonna be hutning for balls.

My advice would be play it in the morning rather than afternoon

We played it on a golf trip in the a.m. and it was awesome, then we found out that they were gonna let us play it again for like $30 if we wanted, so we naturally went out again. However, the winds kicked up something fierce and made the course impossible to play.

Enjoy!

Played Talking Rock a few weeks back and thought it was a pretty nice course. Some goreous views from the tee boxes out onto the lake, and it was in great shape. Too bad my swing wasn't

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0