Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Greek League 2008

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am pretty sure this starts up in one month....

April 6th

New divisional set up...

Hopefully, they can get more BBQ's at the game.
The last couple of years it has been disappointing in that regard....

Oooooooooooooooouzo

Now, if only mega prime comes out and starts to post again......

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 2008 Soccer Season will start on April 6th, 2008

This year the League will have a new format that was approved by the team managers on Thursday Jan 31,2008.

We have 8 teams in 2 Groups. These teams were drawn into group on Jan 31,2008 by team managers.

Group A - Pao, Evia, FC. Solon, Ouzo United

Group B - Aek, Larissa, Olympiakos, Sparta

Teams will play 2 games per team in there group and one game against other groups.

10 Games in total league play.

Regulation win = 3pts, Shootout win =2pts, Tie = 1pt

Shootout will have 3 shooters. In the case of tie after 3 shooters it become sudden death.

Cup round will be a tournament draw with a single knockout phase.

Cup final game will be 2 x 45 min and with a 2 x 15 min overtime and shootout (5) shooters if needed.

From the website......

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it true that the shootout's during the season are going to be like the old NASL days, where you dribble in from the 35 yard line?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was brought up at the last meeting....but, I dont think anything was written in stone.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of all teams we get to play Zaurrini's team first. You guys still have the same team as last year? As far as I know we have no Mario or Peter and Mark and Sandro went down with injuries so our Surrey Ranger contingent is down to just Chris and I think he'll miss the first game from what I heard. Yeaaaaaaaaaah oh well I haven't played in over a year so I'm sure my touch will be that of a donkey not that it usually is much better. Maybe if I kick Zaurrini I can get back into it.;)

Good luck Sunday

Here is the schedule all games at Musqueam again
Week #1 (April 6, 2008)
10am - Olympiakos vs Sparta
12pm - PAO vs Ouzo United
2pm - Aek vs Larissa
4pm - Evia vs FC. Solon
Week #2
10am - Evia vs Ouzo United
12pm - Aek vs Sparta
2pm - FC. Solon vs PAO
4pm - Larissa vs Olympiakos
Week #3
10am - PAO vs Evia
12pm - Ouzo United vs FC. Solon
2pm - Sparta vs Larissa
4pm - Aek vs Olympiakos
Week #4
10am - FC. Solon vs Larissa
12pm - Olympiakos vs Evia
2pm - Aek vs Ouzo United
4pm - Sparta vs PAO
Week #5
10am - Aek vs PAO
12pm - Sparta vs Ouzo United
2pm - Olympiakos vs FC. Solon
4pm - Larissa vs Evia
Week #6
10am - Sparta vs FC. Solon
12pm - Larissa vs PAO
2pm - Aek vs Evia
4pm - Olympiakos vs Ouzo United
Week #7
10am - PAO vs Olympiakos
12pm - Aek vs FC. Solon
2pm - Larissa vs Ouzo United
4pm - Sparta vs Evia
Week #8
10am - Aek vs Larissa
12pm - FC. Solon vs Evia
2pm - Sparta vs Olympiakos
4pm - PAO vs Ouzo United
Week #9
10am - Ouzo United vs Evia
12pm - Larissa vs Olympiakos
2pm - FC. Solon vs PAO
4pm - Sparta vs Aek
Week #10
10am - Larissa vs Sparta
12pm - Aek vs Olympiakos
2pm- PAO vs Evia
4pm - FC. Solon vs Ouzo United
Playoff Schedule Draw TBA

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there an Over30's division? Ballbaby is really fit so he can still run with the youngsters but what is the average age in this summer league?

Cheers,

Regs.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now unless I am hearing falsely word is that Ballbaby's team got a little younger. I guess their average age went from 45-50 to 40-45??? There are a few more younger guys coming into the league but I'd still say its somewhere around 30. If you think Ballbaby is fit you should check out one of his teammates. The guy is around my dads age (early 60's) and can still go up and down the flank.

Are you thinking of playing next year or when you get to your 40's Regs? It is a fairly competitive league but nothing you can't handle. I think a couple of westside o-35's play on Balls team. Then there are younger guys and more skilled guys like Bunny and Aaron McHardy that have played in the league in the past.

Also we get refs like Angelo, Captain Shamrock and Walks so it isn't too bad at least they make up for some of the others. Speaking of which, hey Walks if Zaurrini does get hacked do we get only a yellow even if it can get a red?:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next year I will be in my 40s :eek:

I was wondering more about this year, probably too late I suppose :(

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your teammate Balls to find out if his team needs any players that are not Greek. Three players non Greek can join but if you are baptized orthodox you are eligible regardless I think. So if you really want to play I guess Balls can become your Godfather.:rolleyes: Deadline is this Friday for registration so not much time left.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also we get refs like Angelo, Captain Shamrock and Walks so it isn't too bad at least they make up for some of the others. Speaking of which, hey Walks if Zaurrini does get hacked do we get only a yellow even if it can get a red?:D

Walks has ref'd there? Dont recall....
Angelo I recall, although he often hides amongst his two nephews.
And you can miss the Captain, as all you have to do is follow the trail of Heine's.

Z

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last question - is the attached ad for men or women?

:D

Attachments

• meetsexygreeks.jpg
    meetsexygreeks.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 142

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get your teammate Balls to find out if his team needs any players that are not Greek. Three players non Greek can join but if you are baptized orthodox you are eligible regardless I think. So if you really want to play I guess Balls can become your Godfather.:rolleyes: Deadline is this Friday for registration so not much time left.

I can confirm that Regs has been "baptized" both in an Orthodox manner and a non-Orthodox manner many times. :cool:

Oh and yes he asked for money, gay prostitute that he is. He would make a killing in the Greek League.

oachris

Sep 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Our team already has its share of "gay prostitutes", both with long flowing hair or toupees. Sorry Regs, while your skill on the park would be an upgrade, I am afraid that your lack of follicle attributes would rule you out.:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Our team already has its share of "gay prostitutes", both with long flowing hair or toupees. Sorry Regs, while your skill on the park would be an upgrade, I am afraid that your lack of follicle attributes would rule you out.:)
Come'on OA, it's been over 20 years since we were on the same team, can't you get past the bald thing? What if I didn't shave for a month and took on the Ballbaby Terrorist look?

:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

They're not gay. It's just a hobby.:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0