Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2005] First Round, Feb. 18, 19, and 20.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the draw is done, so let the games and/or posts begin.

PRELIMINARY ROUND—2005-02-18/19/20
Game 1: Westside Rino 'A' vs Cliff Avenue United

Game 2: Burnaby Canadians 'A' vs Firefighters 'A'

Game 3: Richmond United 'A' vs Serbian White Eagles

Game 4: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs Vancouver Olympics

Game 5: Sikh Temple 'A' vs Metro-Ford Wolves 'A'

Game 6: City FC Rangers 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A'

Game 7: Club Ireland 'A' vs Wickham FC 'A'

Game 8: Surrey United 'A' vs AFC Leopards 'A'

Game 9: Croatia SC 'A' vs Indo-Akal 'A'

Game 10: IFC Polonia vs WFC Rangers 'A'

Game 11: PCOV vs Trollers FC 'A'

Game 12: Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs Sporting Club 'A'

Game 13: Deep Cove Royals vs City FC Blaze

Game 14: Khalsa SC 'A' vs IFC Sarajevo

Game 15: Lobbans 'A' vs Norvan 'A'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND OF 16
Game 16: ICSF Inter 'A' vs Winner of Game 1
Game 17: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3

Game 18: Winner of Game 4 vs Winner of Game 5

Game 19: Winner of Game 6 vs Winner of Game 7
Game 20: Winner of Game 8 vs Winner of Game 9

Game 21: Winner of Game 10 vs Winner of Game 11

Game 22: Winner of Game 12 vs Winner of Game 13

Game 23: Winner of Game 14 vs Winner of Game 15

Inter gets a very nice bye into the second round, but was that because they are this years League Champions, they have the most points to date, or they won on a card game?

Got to love the Imperial Cup!

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking hell.... We play AFC, then if we win, play the winner of Croatia vs Indo? Another top notch draw for us. Makes me wonder if it's worth being seated or not. That said, every time we get a hard draw we end up in the final... like the last 3 out 5 years.

~ Buffalo Bills of the Imperial Cup, SU

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't want to be seated for these big games. Isn't that the reason we play soccer? To be a part of the big ones? Just my thoughts.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FEBRUARY 19/20-IMPERIAL CUP

Game 1
Westside Rino “A” vs. Cliff Ave. United
Hillcrest Park Centre
Sun/2.00pm

Game 2
Bby. Canadians “A” vs. Vanc.Firefighters “A”
Bby. Lake West # 2
Sat/3.00pm

Game 3
Richmond Utd. “A” vs. Serbian White Eagles
King George # 1
Sat/2.00pm

Game 4
Columbus-Clan “A” vs. Vancouver Olympics
Hastings Bowl South
Sun/2.00pm

Game 5
Sikh Temple “A” vs. Metro-Ford Wolves “A”
Hillcrest Park East
Sun/2.00pm

Game 6
City FC Rangers “A” vs. Pegasus FC “A”
Kensington South
Sat/2.00pm

Game 7
Club Ireland “A” vs. Wickham “A”
McNair Park # 1
Sat/2.00pm

Game 8
Surrey United “A” vs. AFC Leopards “A”
Cloverdale Athletic
Sat/12.00pm

Game 9
Croatia SC “A” vs. Indo-Akal “A”
Adanac Park West
Sun/2.00pm

Game 10
IFC Polonia vs. WFC Rangers “A”
Beaconsfield
Sun/2.00pm

Game 11
PCOV vs. Trollers FC “A”
Hastings Bowl North
Sun/2.00pm

Game 12
Sapperton Rovers “A” vs. Sporting Club “A”
Adanac Park West
Sat/2.00pm

Game 13
Deep Cove Royals vs. City FC Blaze
MacCartney Park
Sun/2.00pm

Game 14
Khalsa SC “A” vs. IFC Sarajevo
Mercer Stadium
Fri/8.00pm

Game 15
Vancouver Lobbans “A” vs. Norvan SC “A”
Hillcrest Park East
Sat/2.00pm

Second round goes the following week, with Inter taking on the Winner of Game 1, and then all the rest falling into place.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Fcuking hell.... We play AFC, then if we win, play the winner of Croatia vs Indo? Another top notch draw for us. Makes me wonder if it's worth being seated or not.

~ Buffalo Bills of the Imperial Cup, SU

I sure hope Sapps not seated for the game. Being on our butts won't score us any goals. Being seeded isn't a bad thing, though. Kinda makes ya feel impotent - like the President. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FEBRUARY 19/20-IMPERIAL CUP

Game 1
Westside Rino “A” (Premier A - 15 points) vs. Cliff Ave. United (Div. 1 B - 26 points) Hillcrest Park Centre - Sun/2.00pm
Westside has struggled in Premier play this year, but are allways been one of the toughest teams to play come Cup time, however they do have a different line-up than years past. The Mighty Orange and Black just keep rolling along on a very tough Div. 1 side, they did take Inter to OT last year in the Imperial. This match has all the makings for the Cliff Ave. United upset in round 1.

Game 2
Bby. Canadians “A” (Premier A - 23 points) vs. Vanc.Firefighters “A” (Premier B - 17 points) Bby. Lake West # 2 - Sat/3.00pm
This has the makings to be a very physical game, both teams are tight at the back, but have had trouble scoring at the other end. Not sure if the Firemen get up more for a game against former player and now player coach of Burnaby, either way, this match looks like it will go to PK's, where it will be decided by two veteran keepers, Animal vs. Jonsey.

Game 3
Richmond Utd. “A” (Div. 1 A - 24 points) vs. Serbian White Eagles (Div. 1 A - 13 points) King George # 1 - Sat/2.00pm
I am going to call this the "Idiot Darby". Don't know much about either team, but from thier records it looks like it should be no problem for the Richmond boys.

Game 4
Columbus-Clan “A” (Premier B - 22 points) vs. Vancouver Olympics (Div. 1 A - 16 points) Hastings Bowl South - Sun/2.00pm
The Italians vs. The Greeks should be lots of fun, but I don't know anything about the Olympics, and the Clanbus are a very young fast team, that should have no problem in this match.

Game 5
Sikh Temple “A” (Div. 1 B - 35 points) vs. Metro-Ford Wolves “A” (Premier B - 18 points) Hillcrest Park East - Sun/2.00pm
Temple is in a dog fight for promotion with Indo, and MF Wolves have played well under new coach Higgs. This should be a great match, that could see another Div. 1 team pulling the upset.

Game 6
City FC Rangers “A” (Div. 1 A - 12 points) vs. Pegasus FC “A” (Premier B - 9 points) Kensington South - Sat/2.00pm
With the National Champions Pegasus headed for Div. 1, the Imperial Cup could be thier only way to save face during a very frustrating Premier season. They are the Imperial Cup defending Champs too.

Game 7
Club Ireland “A” (Div 1 B - 13 points) vs. Wickham “A” (Div 1 A - 25 points)
McNair Park # 1 - Sat/2.00pm
Wickham has begun to put things together well for themselves this year -- fighting for promotion (albeit a losing battle), sitting high in their group, and drawing one of Group B's strugglers. Look for Club Ireland to be more concerned about staying away from relegation trouble than to perform well in the Imperial.

Game 8
Surrey United “A” (Premier B - 24 points) vs. AFC Leopards “A” (Premier B - 20 points)
Cloverdale Athletic - Sat/12.00pm
These two teams are very close in the standings, but they have been headed in different directions since October. I am thinking the home field advantage will play the factor in the outcome of this one.

Game 9
Croatia SC “A” (Premier A - 22 points) vs. Indo-Akal “A” (Div 1 B - 37 points)
Adanac Park West - Sun/2.00pm
With Indo-Akal banking on promotion with the likes of Heald and Sandu, they may very well give Croatia a run for their money (literally and figuratively). Look for this one to at least go to OT, if not PKs.

Game 10
IFC Polonia (Div 1 B - 16 points) vs. WFC Rangers “A” (Div 1 B - 18 points)
Beaconsfield - Sun/2.00pm
Two closely matched teams meet up in game 10. Polonia took the first round of the season 2:0, but have dropped off ever so slightly in execution since then. Westside, on the other hand, has given away some valuable points but gave Indo/Akal a very difficult time recently in a strong performance.

Game 11
PCOV (Div. 1 A - 9 points) vs. Trollers FC “A” (Premier A - 15 points)
Hastings Bowl North - Sun/2.00pm
Both teams are at the bottom of thier divisions, but Trollers have been in all the games that they have played this year, but they are not getting the 3 points. Trollers should come out on top in this one.

Game 12
Sapperton Rovers “A” (Premier A - 26 points) vs. Sporting Club “A” (Premier B - 16 points) Adanac Park West - Sat/2.00pm
Sapperton have been taking out everyone lately, and WAB has been letting us know about it. They are very tight at the back, and have been getting goals from the veteran Fav brothers. Sporting have been dropping games as of late, so they are dropping in the standings, can they turn things around for a Cup run?

Game 13
Deep Cove Royals (Div 1 A - 25 points) vs. City FC Blaze (Div 1 B - 21 points)
MacCartney Park - Sun/2.00pm
The Blaze are always full of confindence and this case should be no different. Both teams are sitting at the top of their respective tables, but with Group B arguably the tougher group, the Blaze's season results may prove they are the better team.

Game 14
Khalsa SC “A” (Premier A - 16 points) vs. IFC Sarajevo (Div 1 B - 15 points)
Mercer Stadium - Fri/8.00pm
There should be no contest here, however, if the referee buys into Sarajevo's on-field antics, Khalsa will have to deal with their dead-ball expertise. Still, Sarajevo will be out-classed in every other respect and Khalsa will move comfortably to round two.

Game 15
Vancouver Lobbans “A” (Div. 1 A - 23 points) vs. Norvan SC “A” (Div. 1 A - 30 points)
Hillcrest Park East - Sat/2.00pm
Everyone has been watching the race for promotion from Div. 1 B, so no one has noticed Norvan and thier run back to the Top Flight. Lobbans are no push over in Div. 1, so this should be a good match between these two Div. 1 clubs.

And remember, the VMSL Cup pools are open. They're open and free to Premium Members only. For only $25 for the YEAR -- that's only $0.07 a day! -- you can be a part of it too. And of course, don't forget you'll have access to all of Argyle's "Beyond the Chick Tourney" pics.

http://www.takethepiss.com/pools/Imperial_Cup_2005/index.html
http://www.takethepiss.com/pools/Div1_Cup_2005/
http://www.takethepiss.com/pools/Div2_Cup_2005/

Good luck to all in the First Round of the Cup and Pools.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have all the premium members got their picks in yet?

I've looked at it a couple ways and I can only really see one Div 1 team going through to the top 4 and earning a Provincial birth and that is Temple. Though, with that said Indo are notoriously good in the tourney. The other Div 1 team with a shot would be Peg.

I have a Slurrey - Inter final.

Anyone else?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa vs. Burnaby final, should be a cracker.

I have Temple in the final 4 vs. Burnaby and then Croatia in the other semi vs. Khalsa, again two very good matches. Should be a fun first weekend, with a few Premier teams going out in the first round. I see Peg will be without both Robert Reed and Nico Berg, but they should still be OK this weekend.

hos hoping for some upsets in this years Imperial Cup, but not many.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Have all the premium members got their picks in yet?

I've looked at it a couple ways and I can only really see one Div 1 team going through to the top 4 and earning a Provincial birth and that is Temple. Though, with that said Indo are notoriously good in the tourney. The other Div 1 team with a shot would be Peg.

Anyone else?

I'm giving my 3 Honduran crack dealers the Sunday morning shifts off while the Imperial Cup is going on. They had some experience with a first division side in the home country. And Im willing to bankroll any current whitecaps that are unsigned who are looking for a run. Were Stacking up Boys.

KNVB, Could be a Surrey- Polonia quarterfinal ... if that ends up being the the case up for a lil wager? maybe a dime?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple vs. Metro Ford game has been changed for the third time and now to Port Moody Turf at 8pm.

Hard Ballz

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hoping I'm wrong but my pick for Club I getting through the first round in the pool, seems to be a long shot at best now.........The 'numbers' just aren't working out. Eleven players and that is it........Burnro to be pulling the coaching/goalkeeping duties and Club I Champ accumulating too many yellows..........AGAIN :eek: :confused:

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Sikh Temple.............now Norvan must be favored to win it all :confused:

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upset #2 - Khalsa 3 - Sarajevo 0

This one looked scary at the start, Khalsa had 11 for the night, and one of those 11 was some gray haired old man up front. Sarajevo was pumped, but they did not come out that way. Khalsa carried most of the play in the first half, but were unable to finish on any of thier chances, like the one I had in the 18.
Second half was a different story, Sarajevo took a Red when one of thier players argued with the linesman and/or Rene over a conerkick non-call, so they go down to 10 men, and we have even more of the play/possesion. Matt Morri scored a great goal off a header (again) to make it 1-nil. Went up 2-0 when one of the young lads walked in and scored and then 3-0 at the end of the game when the defender and keeper got mixed up a the top of the box, leaving Shummy with the wide open net. A good result for the amount of guys we had, no onto the winner of Norvan/Lobbans, which will be a much tougher match, plus there is relegation to worry about.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Second half was a different story, Sarajevo took a Red when one of thier players argued with the linesman and/or Rene over a conerkick non-call, hos

#3 Bald headed guy???

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Sarajevo took a Red when one of thier players argued with the linesman and/or Rene over a conerkick non-call

Besides the fact that any one of them could of received the red after the bitchfest they put forth against us a few weeks back at Mucknair, my money is on the small blue boots wearing guy upfront, or his hump the ball as high and hard as possible brother playing sweeper. Nutjobs to say the least. Well, which plonker was it HOS?

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AZZI 0-1 TEMPLE.....O.K game..........Metro Ford couldn't finish their chances but the one they did was offside...good call linesman ;) ...see what money can do?. Tighty scored the winner on a great header off a free kick to make it 1-0 and that was the final. On to next week.....

Yapper of the match.....Metro Ford sidelines with some racists remarks...very unclassy for any team....grow up :mad:

Hard Ballz

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0