Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2005] First Round, Feb. 18, 19, and 20.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 3
Van Olympics 2

Columbus up 2 buzz in the first 10 min with goals from Eggy and TK. Olympics battled back hard to tie the game. Keegan Arye scored the winner with about 5 min to play.

Full credit to Olympics coming back from two down, they played a good game.

On to Sikh Temple!

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the Indo/Croatia match today and would have to agree with Keagan that the ref was a bit one sided. Nevertheless it was an exciting game with Indo playing a stronger 90 mins than Croatia, but just didn't have the juice that Croatia did for overtime.

No2

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting game out at Adanac today. First and foremost a totally new and revamped Croatia team. They are young, fit and fast......I can't believe I just described a Croatia team as young, fit and fast :D It's no surprise they have only lost one game in their last ten matches.

Saying that, today's result could have easily gone the other way. A few very questionable decisions, that had an impact on the match. I thought it was suppose to be better in Premier with linesmen :rolleyes: Johnny with a top corner ripper stood as the winner. We ran out of juice and momentum after that. Zico and Steve Grewal notched goals for Indo/Akal.

Good Luck to the remaining teams:
ICSF Inter 'A' vs Westside Rino 'A'
Burnaby Canadians 'A' vs Richmond United 'A'
Columbus-Clan 'A' vs Sikh Temple 'A'
Pegasus SC 'A' vs Wickham FC 'A'
Surrey United 'A' vs Croatia SC 'A'
IFC Polonia vs PCOV
Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs City FC Blaze
Khalsa SC 'A' vs Norvan SC 'A'

Sandman

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Cliff Ave 0

it was apparent from the get go that cliff ave were going to defend with 9 or 10 players behind the ball. a number of opportunities were squandered before we were finally able to put one by the cliff ave keeper in the second half. looking forward to the inter match next week.
on a depressing side note, the ref (renee) took a couple shots at yours truly for a temporary weight problem that i'm battling. brutal.

the pitch beside us was a pcov upset over trollups. appeared to be riddled with a number of dust-ups. walks must have been in charge of that one... ;)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo-Croatia

Paul Ward in the middle did well, you can't pin the result on the referee. I do wonder about the linesmen in the 2nd half. He seemed spaced out and it hurt Indo.......But Croatia was well deserved of the victory. For the most part this was an evenly played game, but after the 1st 15 min, Croatia started to get a lot of quality chances and controlled the offensive 3rd.

Indo came out great in the 1st 15 min, but completely lost steam.....fitness was a major factor for Ollie and some of the Indo crew. Ollie was always a step behind and seemed to lose confidence along the way. JJ had to catch his breath after a good 1st half....he took the 2nd half off - completely invisible, but he had a decient OT.

Sulentic was in fine form; whinned the entire game, yelled at his players - just like the Whitecap coached yells at him (and he takes it like snivelling 2 year-old) - and played great. Beautiful back-breaking OT goal into the top corner. Indo ran out of gas and it was inevitable.Major defensive blunder was having one-on-one coverage in the back line. Sulentic tore them apart.

Prit knows he has some holes to fill for the premiership next year. I think it was evident today. Entertaining game.

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah FIJI

it we wanna know "what is coming to him"

This will keep the AFC Leopards's reputation very high.

Senior

ps. and could you elaborate on that #14 who try to hit the referee, whats is coming to him (#14). Thanks Fiji

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nial will get what's coming to him - 4 - 6 games. He completely lost it.

Larrson & Clarks - 3 to 4 games.
Other AFC player - 5 years.
AFC club - $2000 fine. And hopefully probationary provisions which include an expulsion from the league.

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
fiji didnt mean it as a threat... he meant the punishment the league will throw at him it should be hefty

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems aparrent that Trollers tried to play the same system as Cliff Ave did against Rino's, today against PCOV.
it was apparent from the get go that cliff ave were going to defend with 9 or 10 players behind the ball.
Mind you both games were side by side today at Hillcrest so not sure if Trollers were scouting out Cliff's defensive system.Well the Trollers came to play with peanut butter(Skip or Skippy)problem is they forgot the jam.I'm still trying to figure out why they played 6 in the back against a div 1 team probably gonna be playing for relagation.Trollers let an easy draw to the quarters slip(2 div 1 teams) before quarters.Not to take away from the positive stuff,at least it was a beautiful sunny day and the view over Lions Gate bridge must have been like a postcard!!! :D :D

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
INDO/AKAL 2 CROATIA 5 (OT)

Wow the plus/minus rating to a hit today......minus 3. Good game, but Croatia were more creative today and earned the win. However, even after the Croats had taken a 4-2 lead in overtime, we had two glorious chances to equalize before the 5th goal was scored on the last whistle. JJ's open header inside the 6 and Doc's 4 yard sitter. Sucks to be out of cup so early.....but we'll probably move on to IFC Sarajevo next week as a makeup game.

PS/ I think the referee comments are only being made because we had some players (especially JJ) explaining RULES to him...Ward seemed a little "off" today.

PSS/ Croatia called a "timeout" to switch uniforms....I've never seen it before....20 minutes in and Croatia leaves for their sideline to change kit......the new uniforms paid dividends in the end.

PSSS/ Croatian goalie Makmoud Abdul Massoud.....tightest and I mean tightest kit in the league with the shinest head (must have Bic'd before the match). Hi AD :D

Gilly

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham 3 Club Ireland 1 (OT)

Once again, we managed to squander a lead in the last 5 minutes(86th minute to be exact). The score could have been 3 - 3 at the half with some chances being missed. 0 - 0 at the break but Club Ireland scored about 8 minutes into the second half. It was a goal that CI deserved as they seemed to have contained the big fella upfront and were having success against a suspsect backline. A bit of a miscue led to their goal and in OT, CI took a red card and they couldn't recover. It was 2 - 1 at that point but there were a lot of tired players wearing the hoops, as all the subs had been used to try and preserve the 1 - 0 lead. Overall, a super effort but poor result. Their coach was stunned that we are in a relegation battle. I guess our side is stronger than the other side after all.........

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refereeing & Uniforms

Paul wasn't great, but he wasn't brutal. Prit wanted a 6 second to be called-that was funny....13,14,15,16.......classic.

The uniform fiasco was unbelievable; red vs orange under the sun. It was tough to tell them apart at times. Paul should have made the Croats change BEFORE the game! Adel's uniform was laughable. Was he selling jello shooters at the Roxy in that kit last night? We almost switched ends during the game just to avoid seeing the spandex from within 40 yards. I guess in the summer he'll just paint on the goalie top. Brutal.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze took it to Fiji for the entire first half and should have been up three or four after 45. First half includued one of the Fiji sideliners trying to kill the ref and then Ivor trying to kill one of his own players - pretty standard for them.

They had a couple of pinches but not a hell of a lot Ivor turned to regular idiot and got hiomself kicked out wiht about ten to ply and STEVIE RAY missed about three break-a-ways to ice it but the one - nil was pretty legit, on to us taking down a premier team next6 week, should be good.

DITH

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0