Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2005] Round of 16 - Feb. 25th, 26th, and 27th.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROUND OF 16--2005-02-25/26/27

Game 16: ICSF Inter 'A' vs Westside Rino 'A'
Adanac Park West - Sun/2.00pm

Game 17: Burnaby Canadians 'A' vs Richmond United 'A'
Bby. Lake West # 3 - Sat/2.00pm

Game 18: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs Sikh Temple 'A'
Hastings Bowl South - Sun/2.00pm

Game 19: Pegasus SC 'A' vs Wickham FC 'A'
Newton Athletic Park - Sat/2.00pm

Game 20: Surrey United 'A' vs Croatia SC 'A'
Cloverdale Athletic - Sat/12.00pm

Game 21: IfC Polonia vs PCOV
Hasting Bowl North - Sun/2.00pm

Game 22: Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs City FC Blaze
Adanac Park West - Sat/2.00pm

Game 23: Khalsa SC 'A' vs Norvan SC 'A'
Mercer Stadium - Fri/8.00pm

Well Round 1 sure was fun with a few Premier Teams getting Upset (Wolves and Trollers), one Upset Slurrey player (Nial "Bert" Thompson), a bunch of Upset AFC Fans, and perhaps a few Refs Upset with Animal after they read TTP.

Round 2 allready has Upset a few folks, the Idiots are Upset about a Saturday game, Slurrey United is Upset because the Croatian keeper has tighter kit than most of the Slurrey Birds (and a better body), and Smallsey is Upset because he may weigh more than the whole Inter starting 11.

Well it sure will be a fun weekend, with a few more UPSET people by the end of it.

hos

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polonia by a field goal over PCOV!!
Polonia must be real happy with the PCOV upset win
PCOV already said that Polonia should be them easily as they will be missing 6 players on sunday due to a stag in Vegas this weekend!!Well at least Trollers enjoyed the ride home over Lions Gate. :D

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The comment about the Ref's had nothing to do with the ref we had on the weekend (even if he did make a bad call ;)). It was intended for a few others we have had this year.

Animal

hopereneforgivesmefortheconfusion.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMP
Bby. Canadians “A”
Richmond United “A”
Bby. Lake West # 3
POSTPONED

Looks like the Idiots have some Pull at League office, so when will this one get played then?

hos

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hos, me and my belly would appreciate it if you could hurry up and make your prediction for inter to beat westside. please and thank-you.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter was able to stay out of all the first round caos with a nice bye, but now they face a "younger, and fitter, Westside boys with Fire in thier bellies" and Smallsy's "presence" at the back. This should be a very fast paced game that should suit Inter just fine. It will be close, but Inter will come out on Top (you are welcome Smallsy).

Game 17: Burnaby Canadians 'A' vs Richmond United 'A'
Bby. Lake West # 3 - Sat/2.00pm
Is postponed due to an Idiot Wedding, not sure when this will be played, but we do know that John has a copy of the Burnaby play book titled, "Kick Long and High", so it will be closer than it looks. Burnaby will take this one in OT, after nil-nil of regulation.

Game 18: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs Sikh Temple 'A'
Hastings Bowl South - Sun/2.00pm
This Temple team, may not make it to Premier this year, but I think they will do some damage in the Imperial Cup. They have some very skilled players in Titus and Sari, and did well not to let the Wolves score. Temple will keep going with the Cup run with a win over Clan, who have not been so convincing as late.

Game 19: Pegasus SC 'A' vs Wickham FC 'A'
Newton Athletic Park - Sat/2.00pm
Pegasus have gotten a fantastic Imperial Cup draw to help offset a terrible year in league play. They should beat this un-known North Shore team, but Wickham is near the top of Div. 1, so you never know. Peg with an easy day out at the NAP on Saturday.

Game 20: Surrey United 'A' vs Croatia SC 'A'
Cloverdale Athletic - Sat/12.00pm
Everyone is calling this the MOTW, with knvb telling us that both are 7-2-2 in thier last 11 matches. yes both are hot, but will Slurrey be able to field a team after discipline hearings tonight. Should be lots people out watching this one, just to see if the Croatians keepers kit can get any tighter. I am going to go with Croatia in this one, which will problably mean a Slurrey win, because when ever I go against them they win, probably why they have done so well the last few years, nothing to do with Foden or the players.

Game 21: IfC Polonia vs PCOV
Hasting Bowl North - Sun/2.00pm
Battle of the Div. 1 sides in this match, word is PCOV will be without a few startes because of a wedding (but they don't have the same pull as Richmond). With that in mind and the the fact that Polonia has a group of good young skilled players, I think they will move on to the next round.

Game 22: Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs City FC Blaze
Adanac Park West - Sat/2.00pm
Sapperton is another Premier team that has been very good in the last few months, with Cory in the pipes playing very well, plus the two veteran Fav brothers playing great, they should have no problem with the Blaze. I don't know much about Blaze other than the Fat Bastard and I think they have Jolly playing for them, he is solid and will help in the back and up front for them. Sap. should win this one to set up a big match with Khalsa.

Game 23: Khalsa SC 'A' vs Norvan SC 'A'
Mercer Stadium - Fri/8.00pm - Changed to Hastings Bowl - Sat/2.00pm
Norvan is top of the table in Div. 1, but I know very little about them, who even plays for Norvan anymore. Khalsa has been struggling for numbers the last few weeks, but has gotten some relsults with a depleted team. More bodies are due out on Saturday, so you may not see that Grey Haired Flash up front, but then again, you could. Khalsa to win in a hard fought battle.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Inter was able to stay out of all the first round caos with a nice bye, but now they face a "younger, and fitter, Westside boys with Fire in thier bellies" and Smallsy's "presence" at the back.

As his personal trainer I'll have you know, Smalley's "presence" is a glandular condition.

Chins up Smalley, you're going to be fine.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV vs Polonia

I hope that these teams put in a request to have linesmen for the CUP game. The league would never think about it on their own. Hate to see a questionable offside cost someone an opportunity to reach the BCs.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold Up!

i would just like to take a second to wish all the remaining
players in the imperial cup the best of luck this weekend.
i know our game v croatia will be a cracker and may the best
side on the day prevail :) FCUK I FEEL WARM INSIDE NOW!!

yes, there is still a lotta love in surrey
( and not just on the side of king george hwy).

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2 - 0 Blaze

First half was very even. Second was all Sapp. Blaze keeper stood on his head to keep the score respectable.

Some very sore looking bodies of key players on the Blaze lineup. Jolly was struggling all over the park due to a "lower body injury" and Scott Williams was looking a little heavy.

Sapp looked very very very very very average in the first half but stepped it up in the second for a convincing win.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 (3-1 PK's)
Wickham 1

peg very lucky to squeak through. were down 1-0 and tied it up late in the first half. went down to 10 men in the second half. appeared to get away with a handball on what would have been a sure goal. both teams had chances in OT to finish. pk's were never in doubt with london saving three of four spotters.

also caught croatia vs. surrey game. croatia were full value for the win and look to be a strong threat to take imperial.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia, played well. I thought we ran most of the first half with some Croatian spells mixed in. The second, they had most of the pressure leading up to the goal. They held on well and counter attacked for the remaining, what? 15 minutes? Niko scored a hard tough angle shot that Drew got his hand on but it still managed to dribble in. Not our best effort by a long shot, and have no problem saying I think we could have won, but their midfield did cause us a bunch of problems. I'm disappointed to be out, but it was a good game and I wish them good luck.

At least we have a game against the Sounders tomorrow to look forward too... :rolleyes:

It's a stupid cup anyway...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disagree in Smallsy's read on the Peg/Wickham game. I do not think Peg were "very lucky" to get through, although I agree that they were lucky not to have a PK called when (I could not see if it was Burr or Shorty) decided to flap his arm up in the air after the ball hit him in the collarbone...it was not a hand ball but if you weren't in a good position to see it, it sure looked like one! London would have saved it anyway probably...he saved 3 of 4 at the end! Missed the first 20 mins (didn't realize they had traffic...like car traffic...in Surrey on Saturdays), and when I arrived...go figure...Peg were down 1. Reedie and Nico were on the sidelines because of a card/ID screw up. From what I saw, Peg had all of the play, in fact we had to move down to the Wickham end of the pitch to see what was going on down there. Even after going down to 10 men, Peg carried the play (which, HELLO, they should have) but missed the finish of Randy C, Reedie etc, and it did not help that Dodd was the one sent off. The best team won, however, but full marks to Wickham (they have a 47 year old center back for cryin out loud :eek: ) and worked very hard...the fact that a team like Wickham took the Champions to PKs is what makes Imperial Cup so cool... Peg needs to step things up though, big time. Still, they are through...but good for you Wickham!

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sapp 2- blaze 0

very diminished squad today for the blaze, thought we did well with what we had.
their 1st goal came when we had a man (defence) lying on the field for a minute before the goal came with an injury - NEITHER linesmen , NOR the ref , NOR sapp. kicked the ball out of play, instead they scored an absolute crap goal - rebound off the guys dink...

second goal was a mishit......

second place in premier - DODGY at best

not saying they had a bit more of the play, but untill thier 1st goal they were defanitely frusterated

good luck

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0