Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2005] Round of 16 - Feb. 25th, 26th, and 27th.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the excellent site:

Norvan 3
Khalsa 1

:eek:

I disagree in Smallsy's read on the Peg/Wickham game. I do not think Peg were "very lucky" to get through, although I agree that they were lucky not to have a PK called when (I could not see if it was Burr or Shorty) decided to flap his arm up in the air after the ball hit him in the collarbone...

i think that was precisely my point. no doubt peg was the better team, but lucky none the less.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 2 - Blaze 0

Sap was very very very very lucky to win.

What is with the Sap-ripping posts? You were schooled, but still some of you must write comical, dreamer stuff. I just don't get it. I was going to leave it alone; write the congratulatory things to the Blaze posters. You worked as hard as you could, but, well I quess not...............In your dream land, good on ya all.

I will stick to a fact:
Just because you're in Div 1, have some PRIDE in your name and uniforms. I'm sure it was victory for you guys just to be wearing all the same coloured shirts. Congratulations. Red socks, white socks, black socks, socks with no stripes, socks with black stripes, white stripes, red stripes, socks with hoops, black shorts, white shorts, shorts with stripes, shorts without. If that was premier, Rene would never have allowed it.

You worked as hard as you could, and I congratulate you on that, but just go away knowing that you were COMPLETELY outclassed in every aspect of the game.

(edited out inapropriate comments-heat of the moment stuff)

fabulus

Nov 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
scott wiliams battled hard, he hasn;t played very much this year, i;'m very proud of him, the blaze gave it all they had with what they had, very proud of the blaze, never seen a team back up each other like that, good luck to sapp they had good players but nothing like scott williams, he is something else out there wow i say wow

PLAYBOI

Jul 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry our socks didnt match.

thats the worst thing ever....we should be ashamed of ourselves

capt. - the ref coulda stopped play IF he saw our guy down , thats all..

what about bob anyways?

fabulus

Nov 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
yah bob tell him some things he doesn;t know, he knows he;s good he knows he played hard thats him , wow i say wow

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 1 - Norvan 3

Fabulus, don't be too ashamed......
I hear Khalsa started the game with no uniforms (they had to borrow alt. kit from Sporting) and only 9 men.....10 by the end of the game!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
FYI:

i dont play for the blaze... and i dont think my post was Sapp-ripping. please re-read.

fabulus is scott williams.

from what i saw... blaze's man on the ground was quite a distance from the play... questionable whether or not sapp should have kicked it off since they were in a scoring position... either way, it appeared the blaze took their foot off the gas, which was a mistake.

Sapp's keeper was not tested much, if at all... the quality chances were all sapp and were coming in waves in the second half... and the blaze keeper kept it respectable.

i do agree that the white shorts, black shorts, miscellaneous socks, etc kit is bad... but hardly worth using as judgement of their play.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I quess the joke's on me!

My take on the guy going down was: the Blaze (I think it was him) lost the ball in a tackle in rightish midfield around the 40, we countered the play moving the ball to the left side of the field to the 15 yard line, crossed it in and scored. It wasn't a bang-bang play by any means, but still the flow of play probably dictated us to keep going. I only saw the guy down after we scored.

As for Fabulus, a couple wacks at our guys don't count as wow stuff.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
one more point:

what was with the "your girlfriend" talk to the ref resulting in the red???

i am surprised Blaze Rep 1 would put up with that nonsense. what was that supposed to do to help the team? very weak. very very classless.

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob,

I am on my way out tonight but feel ashamed because I am wearing white socks but my knickers are green.

I was wondering if that was exceptable and if not could you give me some tips on sock and short combinations???

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
one more point:

what was with the "your girlfriend" talk to the ref resulting in the red???

i am surprised Blaze Rep 1 would put up with that nonsense. what was that supposed to do to help the team? very weak. very very classless.

Who said it? Blaze Rep 1?

Sap guy on sideline said, "Nice hair" or something like that.
Blaze guy, "Nice ugly face.......and your girlfriend, too!" Well I quess the extra comment put Rene over the top.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dartsinthehood said:
Whataboutbob,
I am on my way out tonight but feel ashamed because I am wearing white socks but my knickers are green.
I was wondering if that was exceptable and if not could you give me some tips on sock and short combinations???

Don't worry about it. No chick in a million years will ever see the combination. You'll never get that far. :eek:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my mistake... thanks for clarifying... weak effort by sapp, then. no need to taunt the opposition when you have the game sealed up... with all this banter from WAB about "class".

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You worked as hard as you could, and I congratulate you on that, but just go away knowing that you were COMPLETELY outclassed in every aspect of the game.

Right Bob...that's why it was 0-0 65 minutes into the game. You dominated us in the second half, we ran out of gas, out of players......but to say you outclassed us all game is a bit much. The difference between you and the Blaze is fitness and a full healthy squad.

FYI, it wasn't Blaze rep.1 who was carded at the end of the game after being taunted from the Sapp sideline.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
my mistake... thanks for clarifying... weak effort by sapp, then. no need to taunt the opposition when you have the game sealed up... with all this banter from WAB about "class".
The bantering was going on for a while before the final 2 comments. I don't know who started it.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze rep.1

I agree fitness hurt you in the 2nd, but a game is 90 min. We are healthy because we're fit, but are we going to debate skill level? Missing players or not, come on now. Fitness and a health team is not the only difference.

Without a doubt you battled hard, had a couple moments, and closed us quickly everytime we were in your 35. We worked hard for the goals, but they were definitely deserving. You gave it all you had and you managed to hold down the fort for 60 min, but in the end that means nothing. Soccer games usually only have a few goals.

Once we finally broke you down, did you really think you could score? You put no pressure on us after the goal. It looked to me like your strategy was to play defense and hope for a counter. Most of the time the ball was just kicked up front. Your D played tough but our outside mids turned them inside-out on numerous occasions.

But calling us "very average". Well, what more would you want a team to do?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw most of the Blaze - Sapperton game but for the first 10 minutes or so.
Blaze guys should learn a couple of things from this.
*Dress in proper kit for the big games - no mix and match shorts, that is sad.
*When you are down a goal, get the ball back in play quickly (the red cards and the fouls ate the clock big time and everyone from the GK out looked bagged and not interested in a come back even after one goal down).
*If tired, why let some one from opposing sidelines get you tossed for yapping?

Goals scored: there should be no complaint on the first goal with someone down somewhere away out of the play and an attack is on.

The second goal scored by Chris Todd was not a "misskick". This is Premier and at that level guys shoot for the openings and there it was, in the corner.

I don't know about the Sapperton sideline taunting as I was in the end zone bleachers but that should be no reason for guys to shoot for red.

My only criticism of WAB was him putting his goon on with 2 minutes or so to go in the game and the guy crashing the box like he was in the American Hockey League on a one game tryout. That was pretty classless and I don't blame Blaze guys for being pissed at that. The game was over at that point and why the goon show, what was there to prove.

Overall, the game was ugly with no team really having great possession for much of the first half. Second, it was the better skilled individuals on Sapperton and the unwillingness of Blaze to do more than try to whack the ball upfield only to chase the game for 60 minutes or so.

Sapperton could not shoot straight for most of the game but Blaze rarely showed any real life going forward. At 1-0, Blaze with some effort might have mounted a comeback. At 2, they were done.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our #3 is no goon. He plays hard all the time. There were no cheap shots. In fact I was going to put him in before we scored, but the play was still going. But maybe the Blaze guys saw it differently.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0