Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Finals

Who will win the Imperial Cup?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter vs Firemen

Westside vs Clan-Bus

Comments, predictions, banter and drunken 1:00am posts from smallsy here please.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Imperial Cup 2007] Semi- Finals

Bad green keeper kit to shut-out Clan-Bus and take Westside to the Cup.

Good to see that the old guard marble mouth F.C. is still getting it done, what is the average age of the team 35 or something.

hos

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone said:
Bad green keeper kit to shut-out Clan-Bus and take Westside to the Cup.

Good to see that the old guard marble mouth F.C. is still getting it done, what is the average age of the team 35 or something.

hos

Don't make me spell it out again......sure bad kit guy brings up the avergae age along with a few others but to put an average age out there I'd say its around 28. Especially during this cup run.

Marble mouth F.C...i like it.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Love it.:D

Rino is incomprehensible in either English or Italian.

Out on a limb time:

Inter in extra time
Marble Mouth FC

Assuming anything gets played this weekend, that is....

Trece

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
Don't make me spell it out again......sure bad kit guy brings up the avergae age along with a few others but to put an average age out there I'd say its around 28. Especially during this cup run.

Marble mouth F.C...i like it.

So what happens to the average age when Mosher takes all the UBC kids to the Island this weekend?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
Love it.:D

Rino is incomprehensible in either English or Italian.

Out on a limb time:

Inter in extra time
Marble Mouth FC

Assuming anything gets played this weekend, that is....

Trece
FYI: Rino is not part of the promoted and cup contending Westside team. Rino's Div 1 team is in the other group and playing in the Div 1 Cup.

dezza said:
So what happens to the average age when Mosher takes all the UBC kids to the Island this weekend?
Not too much, I'd imagine. Not many play with the team and those that do are usually subs. Well, at least that's the way it was before I dropped off the face of the Earth.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:

The UBC kids?? Jesus H!!!!!!!!!

One has been starting with us lately and he won't be on the Island this weekend because he isn't eligible...the rest, though just as important, come off the bench. So if you want to talk about average age, we could also bring time on the field into it.
That aside; what the hell has that got to do with the price of cheese?? Age just brings experience and it seems to be working out ok.

Westside Rino have a considerably younger team and only managed a respectable mid-table season by going 5 straight at the end....and please don't start with the 'my league's better than your league's' shite....that will open up a rather large can of worms.
Oh, and a 'well done lads' would have been nice seeing as how you are affiliated with the same club as opposed to you wondering what the average age of our team is.
Notcher gave us an average age of 28 which is slightly kind I think, but at the end of the day, the auld heids can still run and you can't buy experience.

Looking forward to the semis and Provincials!

Git in ya DB!

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Comments, predictions, banter and drunken 1:00am posts from smallsy here please.

for the record; my drunken 1:00am posts will be shifting to a 9:00am pacific time slot for the next two + weeks. they also might be in french or a bastardized version thereof :D.
loyal readers - stay tuned.

le cerebral smallsy

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dancin Bear said:

One has been starting with us lately and he won't be on the Island this weekend because he isn't eligible...the rest, though just as important, come off the bench. So if you want to talk about average age, we could also bring time on the field into it.
That aside; what the hell has that got to do with the price of cheese?? Age just brings experience and it seems to be working out ok.

Westside Rino have a considerably younger team and only managed a respectable mid-table season by going 5 straight at the end....and please don't start with the 'my league's better than your league's' shite....that will open up a rather large can of worms.
Oh, and a 'well done lads' would have been nice seeing as how you are affiliated with the same club as opposed to you wondering what the average age of our team is.
Notcher gave us an average age of 28 which is slightly kind I think, but at the end of the day, the auld heids can still run and you can't buy experience.

Git in ya DB!

Well that sure got your knickers in a twist...

I guess I should've known better than to believe anything posted by the notcher. I just figured if the average age is 28 and I know you guys are all ~35 then the only way it's getting that low is by having a bunch of 20 year olds on the field...

If that's not the case, then well done to you ageless wonders. I hope you stick it to Clanbus and all those lads who couldn't be arsed to stick around and win their way back up to premier. I know which sideline I'll be on come sunday.

cheers,
D.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dancin Bear said:

Git in ya DB!

Preach on Brotha!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smallsy...........a belated congrats but congrats none the less:D

I must say it is a long way and a tad on the expensive side to propose to the Mrs isn't it:rolleyes:

Well done to the Westside boys.............a very good acomplishment.

~JP~

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 0- Clanbus 2

Hard fought game by both teams. We fancied our chances after the first half ended....played some nice stuff and only stayed at 0-0 as a result of a point blank save from the Clanbus keeper from a great volley at the back stick.
They came hard at us at the beginning of the 2nd half and Poli(after recovering from a clean tackle from Jammo;) ) got on the end of a bouncing ball in our box. We pushed and had some chances but were left a bit thin at the back resulting in their 2nd with about 15 to go.
A good run for our boys and good luck to Clan in the Final. Looking forward to the BC's with everything to play for and not fearing anyone.

Cheers.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I was hoping/thought Westside could pull out another big upset over Clan Alumni. I guess it wasn't in the cards. I'm sure Clan's fitness and speed caused some problems for them.

Apparently Firemen didn't offer much offense in their game vs Inter. Few chances for each team, from what I've been told. Where's your report Ankle Breaker? I hear Firemen were missing their prolific goal scorer, Neil Thompson. Was he injured, working? Should be a good rematch from last year's final. Could this be third time lucky for Inter? I doubt it. This bunch couldn't beat their wives, if it really counted.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I just heard that Inter was missing an integral part of their team as well. Coach Marrello and prolific playmaker Joseph Marrello were both absent from the game. I don't know how they won without them. Stranger things have happened, I guess.

How about some predictions on the final?

My money is with the Italians.

The real ones.

Sopel.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 1 - Firemen 0

Good hard fought game yesterday at Charles Best. We were without a number of our key players including our coach but his replacement (Steve Kindel) did well.

0-0 at half. In the second half, our newest signing found the net on a great diving header off a pass from Kevin Crouch.

In the back, Scott had a great game and helped contribute to a blank sheet for Dennis Kindel. As much as it pains you Sopel to see us win, the best thing right now is that this group of guys are playing with a lot of heart and even though we are missing some criticial members of our team, we are still finding a way to win.

On to next week's double header...Friday night vs MF and then Sunday vs Clan. Not sure why the double-header but we play the cards that are given to us.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
2007 Imperial Cup Final

The Final is tomorrow (07-04-22) 2 PM kickoff at Kinsmen in North Van.

Columbus-Clan vs ICSF Inter.

Thoughts, predictions?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reports are that the Columbus-Clan #1 goaltender is not available for selection tomorrow

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter look prime to win. C.C. should give them a good battle, but if their keeper is in fact out, look out....I think Inter has won the series this year BTW.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter went down to 8 :eek:

3 sendings off, good luck in your first round provincial cup game.

They're now in peno's!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0