Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Finals

Who will win the Imperial Cup?

• Total voters

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the gaem really that bad or is there some bitterness? Were the calls completely terrible or close at least?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have friends on both teams. unbiased opinion. It was pretty bad for Inter. I was really shocked with some of the "game breaking" calls. Especially both the send offs. I feel for Inter. A questionable P.K. and the two send offs. It was 9 vs 12. REALLY!!

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the gaem really that bad or is there some bitterness? Were the calls completely terrible or close at least?

Vike, I think you can read somewhere in the middle.. the game was not that bad. The reffing was not the best i have seen but was not terrible either. You could have argued the calls either way, just happens most fell on Inter. But I don't think their sidelines helped the situation. Inter was the better team and I think would have won this game had they kept 11 players on the field.

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ankle Breaker

Why dont you stop whining about Ward and tell us about your pk? I hear that was the real difference in the game.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ankle Breaker

Why dont you stop whining about Ward and tell us about your pk? I hear that was the real difference in the game.

Cheap shot, not a legit piss-take. AB played his heart out for 120 minutes in trying circumstances and had the the balls to take the responsibility of taking a kick. :mad:

Columbus skied one over the bar, is anyone willing to say that the shooter who missed over the bar is a poor player or less of a person? No, and they shouldn't because he isn't. Neither is AB.

It should never have to come to kicks. Period. Over. Just listen to the Dallas guys complaining about the officiating tonight. No one likes a power-play fest, and we shouldn't have one in the VMSL either.

Can any impartial observer really say that they would want to win this way? Most people who have a shred of competitive spirit want to win with the sides even.

It was a disappointment, two good teams, great players and decent people on both sides, a great day, nice atmosphere, everything you want. The teams, players, and VMSL were let down. There is plenty of blame to share for that.

The learning experience I mentioned last night was executing on opportunities. Had Inter done so with their first half opportunities, the gong show that unfolded would not have occured, or had less of an effect. That is the tough lesson they have learned.

There, Sir M. It took 24 hours, now you know what I think.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Ankle Breaker

Revolutionary (aka Jordan Rosenlund)

I thought you had a greater level of soccer intelligence or simply put general intelligence..guess not...

I shot..keeper saved..end of story...basically since I know you are bad with numbers...we missed 3 they missed 2 which means they won on PK's. Is that simple enough for you??

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
zaurrini,mr.lee appreciates the compliment.as for hose,or should i say hoser,my money and i'm sure a lot others as well,would say ivan lee would turn you into his bitch!...speaking of bitches..thank your mom for breakfast.hope she saved some for you.it was a nice topper to what was an ok evening/morning..man she can cook:cool: .and to jr(revolutionary),it's obvious you don't know anything about the game,even working at a soccer store and playing the game because your dad is the coach!btw,didn't your dad sub you off BEFORE the half against inter:D !?stick to what you know...like working behind the hot dog stand alongside your famous sister:bronco: !!!..anybody else want to play?

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ivan keep rotating the beer and the pop in the cooler and make sure you check for expiry dates. As for Ankle breaker the only reason you are playing for Inter is because of Joe Jr. your fearless captain, or else you be playing in the Fiji league. Maybe Ivan can get you to carry the ice to the games during provincial cup.

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey hoser...is that all you got!?typical...try to start something but can't finish...i believe that would make you...a....um...that's right...loser:D !

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose

In typical bitch fashion, keep hiding behind your computer.

Since you love to talk about players, what do you think of Steve Dibaslio...every time he plays Inter he has not done a lot. Any comments. I hear his brother will at least will get an opportunity to try out for SFU b/c he went to Clan Alum. What a nice thing for a brother to do don't you think.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on AB and THESTEAMER, focus. More personal atacks on that little punk JR are needed. His dad told me the other night he still wets his bed, the little fanny.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
C'mon Ankle Breaker hit a nerve; on any other team you are lucky if you can carry the bucket with the net and spikes. Congrats on winning the league and tell Ivan Frito Lay has a special on 3 bags for $5 at Safeway for Inter's snack time after practice and games.

By the way did play for Inter for 7 years and won an Imperial Cup but that team had a LEADER and CLASS back then.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose

Oh sorry my mistake....you must be part of the guys that Inter management threw out when they decided to change direction with the club.

I heard it was a nasty breakup. As for Inter not having a leader and class..this team is full of class and leaders..perhaps you were not part of it so they decided to let you go....if you are so against us why not state who you are instead of hiding behind your computer...or do you want us to keep guessing. I guess being a bitch comes easy to you.

It is easy to write things when people don't know who you are.

I understand if you are still bitter when you got the boot from the club..it is ok..we will give you an inter membership for free..no cost and Ivan will personally sign it for you :)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose

Oh sorry my mistake....you must be part of the guys that Inter management threw out when they decided to change direction with the club.

Seeing how some of the guys that were thrown out, just won back-to-back imperial cups off of you...maybe Management should look in the recycling bin.

Steamer, it is fun.

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
always a pleasure with you zaurrini,always a pleasure:D !all we're missing are the spitz.what flavour was it again?......as per the clubhouse,something out of my control unfortunately.hey hoser...where are you?...couple of jabs...and that's it!?llllllaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeee!

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the game from the stands. It wasn't pretty. Carmen + dive in the box = peno. Tino + dive in the box = second yellow and expulsion. If Carmen's was a peno, then Tino's was a peno. A complete lack of consistent officiating during the game. Inter could have finished Clan Alumni off in the first half with the quality chances they were creating. Clan did nothing when they needed a goal and were two men up. I believe Inter was playing a defensive 4-3-1 and Clan still had four players at the back and a defensive mid in front of them. I don't know who coaches the team, but they need to give their head a shake. Both team were emotionally charged as you can tell by some of the posts in here. A very vocal sideline for both teams, especially the husky fellow with the glasses on Clan's sideline. He wasn't happy. As far as Paul Ward goes, he had a shocker both ways, but it affected Inter in a much worse way. I'm trying to set up a lunch meeting with him so I can get his thoughts on his performance. A report is forthcoming. I spent some time talking with Rene after the game and he refused to make any comments regarding Paul's performance. He did say that if he was in the middle there would have been a different result. Whatever that means. I think if these two teams were to meet again in the Provincials, Inter would have the upper hand.

Fantabulous,

Did I see you out on the field on Sunday? No, that's right, your season was over in October....

All the best,

Sopes

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0