Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Finals

Who will win the Imperial Cup?

• Total voters

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus Clan defeated Inter on penalties to win the Imperial Cup. A crazy game really. Very exciting. Many sending offs and unusual calls. I thought the referee was a bit challenged today, as were both teams. I actually thought Inter may have slightly deserved the win. It did not work out for them this day.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ref was very uneven. Was SO SO shocked on the straight red to Crouch. Thought it was a clean tackle. Also a very soft second yellow on Cucca for diving. He did get clipped, just might have sold it a bit. but no way a yellow card, especially a second yellow to go down a man. some crazy calls to decide the game. oh ya.. and the P.K. Columbus got was questionable.

ref really didn't like Inter today. but they battled, and got a scoring chance with 9 men.

Congrats to Columbus!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul Ward referreed this game. From a neutral perspective, I don't think he was uneven, but certainly the calls went against Inter in a large way. I have no criticism per se of the referee, but as I said above, it certainly was a challenge for him. Lots of controversial calls and lots of dissent. A few of the Inter players on the sidelines were fortunate not to be sanctioned.

I would be interested in hearing Oranje's thoughts if he was there...

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Paul Ward referreed this game. From a neutral perspective, I don't think he was uneven, but certainly the calls went against Inter in a large way. I have no criticism per se of the referee, but as I said above, it certainly was a challenge for him. Lots of controversial calls and lots of dissent. A few of the Inter players on the sidelines were fortunate not to be sanctioned.

I would be interested in hearing Oranje's thoughts if he was there...

I was there. Congratulations to Columbus for winning the Imperial Cup. Congratulations to Inter for competing for approximately 45 minutes with 2 men down.

I agree that the calls went against Inter. They have battled this in recent weeks. They are still league champions and have an opportunity to overcome the adversity today in provincial cup competition. I think they would relish another shot at Columbus.

I think Inter found out today how Sporting must have felt to lose such a narrow contest, like the league final. This will be a learning experience for Inter. They will not want to have that feeling again.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - Paul Ward 2 in PK's

Shocking is the only word I could use to assess the game yesterday. The Ref was absolutely brutal. 1 PK given and 2 reds against us. Absolute joke. Worst ref performance I have seen in years.

The PK given against us was a clear dive by Carmen and the ref bought it. Then after he proceeds to give us two red cards. The card on Crouch was brutal. He went for the ball, got the ball and we get a red card.

The VMSL big-wigs were at the game and saw the crap that we had to go through. Now on Thursday two of our players have to go to the hearing and meet with the VMSL guys while the ref can sit back without having to face any consequences for his actions.

We played with a lot of heart yesterday and even being down to 9 men we created a couple of scoring chances.

I would relish a chance to play Clan Alum again in the Provincial Cup. We must let this go and get ready for Cup play.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like some major controvery in yesterdays game. It is definatley unfortunate for INter as they will be missing guys for BC's. Hopefully that guy doesn't get any of the cup ties. By the sounds of it he had a shocker.

Good luck next weekend fellas!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would relish a chance to play Clan Alum again in the Provincial Cup. We must let this go and get ready for Cup play.

It would be nice to see....as long as you dont let the first goal in again and have to play ketchup.

Hopefully, despite the red cards/suspensions, you can mustard up the courage and have a good cup run.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Gutzy performance by Inter and were probably the better team if they were able to keep 11 players on the field. I thought the players and side lines made this a challenging game for the man in the middle to handle. but I did not think the calls were one sided from a Switzerland point of view. Both keepers look good in PK's and again full marks to Inter for getting the game to PK's. Columbus should have been able to finish this game being two men up and really didn't impress. Inter's sideline though.... whiney 16 year old girls, get some class and just play soccer.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That whiney 16 year old is that bitch Ivan and his leechy crew. Talk about sore loosers and excuses that you hear from the sidelines. Ankle Breaker doesn't Inter have anybody else to play your position. You really are a gong show to watch, not a clue what to do when you have the ball.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hose

This has nothing to do with being a sore loser. We lost yes. Clan Alum won. However, it is very disheartening to be down 2 men in the Imperial Final. Last year we lost due to a ref decision also.

Obviously you either play for Clan Alum or are a Clan Alum supporter. Either way as my last post said we lost and must get over this.

PS. Since you love to analyze perhaps you can tell us where you play instead of hiding behind your computer.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From my past experience, Paul Ward has always been the bright light in the VMSL with the likes of Branco, Rene and Maurizio (Walks is also the shits). I guess this Fifa badge is getting to him like the others? :cool:

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before yesterday's game, I thought Paul Ward was a great ref. However, either he had an off day or I am being very bias but I thought Kevin's card was definitely harsh and the PK against us with not even close.

This definitely hurts but the only cup that everyone talks about in the end is the Provincial Cup and we must be ready against a very tough Firemen squad.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0