Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya you guys put me in my place.
You might want to really ,privately, ask your players who didnt get to play in the cup, how they feel.
and we will see you in the Provincials.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya you guys put me in my place.
You might want to really ,privately, ask your players who didnt get to play in the cup, how they feel.
and we will see you in the Provincials.

I'll most likely see you at the Nations Cup. Germany revival has begun!
Good luck in the Provincials, Rich. BTW, how many Cups must you win to get one of those FVSL Provincial spots?:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was refering to the TipsyMcStagger Preliminary Cup of the FVSL. You know, that big one that runs from Feb to mid-March. Right before the the Pak Cup, but after the Jimmy Cup, but during the 1st league Cup and ending before the 2nd league Cup of the FVSL.

:D

Ghouse, it's not a matter of putting anyone in their place but we had our reasons and I think that has been beaten to death.....so let's move on to the Preliminary Cup of the Jimmywalloper Cup. Both have their own prestige.......Good luck in the Cup run, Ghouse, or is it Cups run? :confused:

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes we are still alive in both of ours and any Cup win gets you in the Provincials in the FVSL..and Go Germany

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo MF literally limped into the last games of the season. 2 Broken feet, a broken leg, torn hamstring, a re-aggravated knee injury and, as mentioned in the Div. 1 thread, we had some players with little character who tore their labia and quit the team when they were pulled from games and benched in favor of a hungrier player on the day.

Long and short is we are anything but healthy, sparse in number and unable to call upon any youngsters due to cup regulations. We always enter the highest cups we are eligible for but wisdom prevailed this year as we truly would have been run over roughshod by most teams (see our record if you have any doubts.)

I am not a team official but feel I speak on behalf of our guys when I say the above.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Primo MF literally limped into the last games of the season. 2 Broken feet, a broken leg, torn hamstring, a re-aggravated knee injury and, as mentioned in the Div. 1 thread, we had some players with little character who tore their labia and quit the team when they were pulled from games and benched in favor of a hungrier player on the day.

Long and short is we are anything but healthy, sparse in number and unable to call upon any youngsters due to cup regulations. We always enter the highest cups we are eligible for but wisdom prevailed this year as we truly would have been run over roughshod by most teams (see our record if you have any doubts.)

I am not a team official but feel I speak on behalf of our guys when I say the above.

Well at least you survived the season. Better luck next year with the club health.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3-1 over Sapp on Saturday. Todd scored off a nice pass from C. Philips to make it 1-0 for Sapp early. Sapp also hit a goal post early.
Norvan scored to tie it 1-1 before the halftime break, and then got 2 more late in the game.
Blakeway was dominant for Norvan, and got one of the 3 goals.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Norvan 3

Sapp had a good 1st half and were unlucky not to be up 2 midway through after Fabio shot one off the post at close range. It was Jeff Rogers with the great back-heel deflection for the first goal. Garth came up with a great stop at point blank range soon after the goal to keep it 1-0. Norvan tied it in the 30th min when Harp turned nicely in the box and beat Garth low in the corner.
The 2nd half saw defensive collapses by Sapp allow for the Norvan goals. Both times defenders quit on the play and allowed open chances for Harp and Blakeway. Garth had to make one incredible save to keep it 2-1 when he tipped the re-direct off the crossbar. Sapp's best chance to tie it was a full, straight on, volley that Kevin Booker hammered just over the bar from 13 yards out with 10 or so minutes to go. Although Sven played Blakes great all game and won most of the battles, Blakeway got the best of him late and scored with 5 to go to seal it.

Kyle Phillips destroyed them on the wing and we outpaced them up front in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was a different story. Both teams were missing some players, but we only had so much depth for that level of play and I think that cost us in the end. Without Ted in the back, and Jason Pierotti, Kyle and Alex Jappy being injured, we just didn't have enough push to threaten Norvan in the 2nd half. They picked it up a notch and that was the difference.

Good luck to Norvan and a couple of ex-Sapp guys the rest of the way.

Indian Pale Ale

Oct 12, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The site shows Andrew Corazza is suspended for one game, does that mean he will miss Inter's cup game this weekend or did he already serve the suspension? That would be a big loss......

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
No kidding...just leaves him free to play more racquetball with his protoges @ SFU

:D:D:D

See you at the courts 'razza!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Lobbans was robbed against Westside... Dancing Bear... what are your comments?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Lobbans was robbed against Westside... Dancing Bear... what are your comments?

Isn't everyone robbed that loses?:rolleyes:

To be fair, they were a quick, young side with some tricky individuals....especially the wee right winger but thought a wee bit of inexperience hurt them in the end. First half, we came out like Westside....a bit flat. Chances at both ends.
We scored about 20 minutes in on a well worked goal and then let in a soft one....shocker:mad:
Second half, we took the game over I thought although they still had some chances, we definitely missed our fair share....maybe we were shocked that we were getting some chances;)
We were awarded a penalty with about 20 to go I think and yours truly had it saved by their keeper.
Extra time and we traded chances. 115th minute and we were awarded an indirect freekick inside the box for a pass back that we all thought was harsh. One touch and buried it. That was all she wrote.

I can see that they thought they might have deserved better, but to say that they were robbed is just story telling. For the amount of clear chances that we had, it should have buried long before extra time.

On to the mighty West Van......God help us all:D

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think your a douche, and you think your team is far greater than it is. You have more excuses than anybody on this site. Just take the loss like a man and move on

Sapp 1 - Norvan 3

Sapp had a good 1st half and were unlucky not to be up 2 midway through after Fabio shot one off the post at close range. It was Jeff Rogers with the great back-heel deflection for the first goal. Garth came up with a great stop at point blank range soon after the goal to keep it 1-0. Norvan tied it in the 30th min when Harp turned nicely in the box and beat Garth low in the corner.
The 2nd half saw defensive collapses by Sapp allow for the Norvan goals. Both times defenders quit on the play and allowed open chances for Harp and Blakeway. Garth had to make one incredible save to keep it 2-1 when he tipped the re-direct off the crossbar. Sapp's best chance to tie it was a full, straight on, volley that Kevin Booker hammered just over the bar from 13 yards out with 10 or so minutes to go. Although Sven played Blakes great all game and won most of the battles, Blakeway got the best of him late and scored with 5 to go to seal it.

Kyle Phillips destroyed them on the wing and we outpaced them up front in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was a different story. Both teams were missing some players, but we only had so much depth for that level of play and I think that cost us in the end. Without Ted in the back, and Jason Pierotti, Kyle and Alex Jappy being injured, we just didn't have enough push to threaten Norvan in the 2nd half. They picked it up a notch and that was the difference.

Good luck to Norvan and a couple of ex-Sapp guys the rest of the way.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van FC 4-3 Westside FC 'A'

WVFC were up 4-1, but a couple of late goals by Westside made it a very tight finish to the game.

Inter 4-1 Serbia

Inter up 2-0 early and coasting, JC let in a soft one before the half to make it 2-1, but then Inter carry on after half-time scoring two more...4-1 final but Inter should have had another 4-5 goals from what I hear.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard Inter beat the Serbs 4-1.....wasn't at the game so someone else can give details.

Hard Ballz

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0