Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup Results

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On to the quarters

Not much to say about this game. 9-1 shallacking(sp), we dominated right from the start. HOS i hope we didnt screw up your pool picks:rolleyes: :rolleyes:. They didnt even have a shot on goal but they did get 1 on an own goal. On to the Croats, it should be a great battle as both teams know there is no chance of the provincials with the points we have so winning 1 more game will get us through. Good luck sheep ****ers;) :D

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luck is going to have nothing to do with it!!! As long as we don't have a Porkchop ref giving you guys phantom pk's again!!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting - Croatia

Ref Beater,
This is a perfect oppurtunity,opportunity,errrr,
CHANCE for you to win your beer back...

Have you already bucked up to Regs and Jimmy H??

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classless

Saw Croatia kill Peg-Oly on Sunday. Croatia totally outplayed the Peg lads but had very few quality shots. Lots of shots but poor finishing. Should have been 10-0.

The "other" Sulentic brother showed his absolute lack of class by arguing with the linesman and the ref on every call that went against Croatia. Get a grip big fella! Best comment from the sidelines from one of the Peg supporters (after another whining session by Sulentic):

"Why don't you become a linesman, instead of a shite right winger!!".

Had the spectators in stitches.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 MF 1

We played a great first half resulting in a 3 goal lead.Metro Ford didnt seem like they were interested in playing or maybe it was a result of us playing that well?A well deserved win.Next up the BBY Canadians which is always a battle.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini

No i havent had a chance to buck up there beers yet because I havent seen them since. I'm giving Jimmy his beer this Sunday at the game because we both play at Adanac at 2. Regs will get his beer when we play them in the Provincials:D ;). Why Zaurrini what did you have in mind??
Bronco let me guess, we are going to hear about that penalty shot until we play right??? We both know Juri pulled down our player in the box. Nonetheless it will be a good game. Both teams have there players, not like the first game.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford didnt seem like they were interested in playing
Could it be because half of them were out drinking with Surrey on Saturday? :eek: Fletcher thanks for the beer mate.

Flip anyone?

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Reg's

I hope Notty didn't get ya too riled up...

There was no mention of piss taking from me!

I think I said he was still pissed from Fri....and he apparently was, as seen by his post.

Good hard fought game on Sun. with as doing what was needed on the day....scoring....!

Out!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside/Peg

Regs,

Although Besty, Ollie and Colin played extremely well, I thought the player of the match was Aaron (sp?), the guy paired in the middle of the back with Besty. He dominated his substantial area, particularly in the first half. I don't think he was beat all day long on the ground or in the air and he made some killer runs right up the gut going the other way. Besty, where did he come from?

A couple of other guys not mentioned were Wicks with the shutout and Rob Hall whose game has really matured, but the whole Westside team seemed to be a tad quicker and more opportunistic on the day. Easily the highlight of a, so far, kind of forgettable year.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aaron is currently playing with UBC and has helped tighten us up at the back.

I thought he had a very strong game myself...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The shits

Apprentice,
Thanks!!!:rolleyes: 5-0 what??? Pissing!!!
BTW, your dive 10 feet into the air and the little whiny screem that followed was all class...:eek: However, I did like the cheeky smile after the ref awarded knvb a yellow on the play!!!;)
There is a lot of talk of pints owed around here... hmm, where did you lot take off to in such a hurry???

Guinnesslikesafreepint!!!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter & Besty,

Let's be honest... he really didn't have too much to do on the day. I think Besty stood out more if only because he seemed to moan a bit louder whenever I attempted to whack Ollie from behind :rolleyes:

~TBwhodoesn'tliketoplaycentrebackbutdoesanyways...

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think ya got me on that one Regs' , but how come you kept missing Olie?

Your not losing some of that blinding speed... are you?:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm, something like that?

We're Cap Alumni buddies, let's still be friends... Martina :rolleyes:

~TB.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They Finally Win a Big Game and He Shows His Face

Nice to see besty out. A new angle to the thread is what the thread needs right now.

What happened to Peg......for that matter, WTF happened to us?!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS happened to WOB

You set yourself up there.

The Rovers have not been the same since the loss to the Caps in Imperial Cup play, but that wasn't that long ago.

HOShappens:confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really, You Think?

HOS,

Yes, I know I set myself up......duh.

But really, the Rovers haven't been the same since after the break. It doesn't help when injuries are setting in, Kevin is gone, and we've only played 3 games in the last 3 months. Our last game before the break was against Westside, Dec 9th, when we beat them 3 - 0 and we we firing on all cylinders. Since then we played the Caps twice and the Argies once.

I think it'll take a couple of weeks of consecutive games to get our grove back; we were shite against the Argies and we need more play.

But the big question is: Will you beat the I-ties?

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK's take on the Croatia/Peg Olys game

I really felt sorry for Peg, they never even had a chance. There were many moments where Croatia started showboating by putting spins on the ball just so the poor Peg players thought they would have a chance at it only to see it spin away back to a Croatia player. Condesending stuff really. Another one that comes to mind was late in the second half when Bronco and another Croatia player were knocking the ball across the field to each other, sideline to sideline, with those patronizing smirks on their faces. The Peg players running back and forth chasing the ball to the laughter of the Croatia support. I admit I was laughing too, I am ashamed....

Then Tommy Babic's goal, pure pisstaking, when he skinned three (maybe 4) Peg players inside the 18 and the keeper with a cheeky little finish. There was no need for that. The only time Croatia's keeper touched the ball was when the 'shanks' playing on the field beside punted their ball into Croatia's half. He just ran over and kicked it back. That was about as involved in the game he got.

It was a walk in the park for the Croats. I don't think Croatia even broke a sweat.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0