Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2009

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 2 - Inter Milan 0

2 wins in a row for Roma after a dreadful 0-3 start.
Pierotti with the first 20 minutes in. Fronzo with the insurance with 10 to go after Roma went down to 10 men. Inter was very short-staffed, but no sympathy here. We've been short players from the getgo.
A win over Milan in thew final game of the preliminary round will put Roma in 3rd.

Juve 2 - Fiorentina 6
(or something like that)
Juve in trouble - probably will miss the playoffs because they play Inter (the best team IMO) in their last game.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roma 2 - Inter Milan 0

2 wins in a row for Roma after a dreadful 0-3 start.
Pierotti with the first 20 minutes in. Fronzo with the insurance with 10 to go after Roma went down to 10 men. Inter was very short-staffed, but no sympathy here. We've been short players from the getgo.
A win over Milan in thew final game of the preliminary round will put Roma in 3rd.

Juve 2 - Fiorentina 6 (or something like that)
Juve in trouble - probably will miss the playoffs because they play Inter (the best team IMO) in their last game.

Have to say for Juve, in defeat, young Luigi Pantusa had the early leader for goal of the tournament with wicked left foot cracker to the top right corner, cleanly beating Ozkan. Nice to see from a player with another year of youth soccer to play.

For those of you have not yet come out, you are missing great soccer in a great atmosphere. Games are Thursday at 6:30 at Adanac Park and Sundays at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm at Adanac.

Beautiful scenery to go with the footie. ;)

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is little Luigi that good? Good thing we never pulled out a ball when he was working with us or I might still be looking for my shorts!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juve 2 - Fiorentina 6 (or something like that)

This score always looks good... regardless of the league. :wa:
What do the standings looks like? Any pics of the matches?

Viola!Viola!Viola!Viola!Viola!Viola!Viola!Viola!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This score always looks good... regardless of the league. :wa:
What do the standings looks like? Any pics of the matches?

The standings are posted at ICSF

We'll work on the photos.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After all the hype in restarting this league (and rightly so), it's a bit disappointing to have pretty much zilch follow-up from those involved here on TTP.

From what I can gather, the league portion is over.

I *think* the final is June 21st.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semis were today.

Inter beat Roma 2-1
Fiorentina was leading Milan 2-0 late.

Final next week at Beaconsfield. Italian Day!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Andrew Corazza, Tiarnan King, and Omari Aldrige were the league scoring leaders.

Inter won the league title on the last game of the regular schedule by beating Fiorentina.

Inter beat Roma today 2-1 to be one of the finalists. Fiorentina beat AC Milan today 2-0 to become the other finalist.

It should be an exciting final next week at 2:00 pm at Beaconsfield on Italian Day.

Inter is made up of many of the Inter players from the VMSL club plus Leo Nash, Robbie Giezen, Johnny Sulentic, and Randy Celebrini.

Fiorentina has a few Columbus alumni including Gino and Tony Gaita, Joey Scigliano and Tino Cucca plus Steve Kindel, Jeff Clarke, Alfredo Valente, and Tyler Rosenlund. Inter's usual keeper, Erman Ozkan is Fiorentina's goalkeeper.

The league has been a great success since the restart. The teams have all been competitive, the games have been cleanly played, and the atmosphere has been good at Adanac Park and Clinton Park. There is already interest from various groups wanting to submit teams for next year.

From my perspective, I have found it interesting that some older players have continued to play well and there are some emerging young players.

Some of the "old guys" that have caught my eye include Mike Favaro, Sal Cuccione, Danny Pecile, Pete Rosati, and Randy Celebrini.

The "new kids" include Luigi Pantusa, Dom Dellisanti, Jordon Michael, and Carlo Basso. There have been some very promising kids play in the league.

As for Regs' comments about the minimal comment, that is fair, if you have a constructive suggestion for how we can improve this for next year, we would welcome it.

See you at the final. :D

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No thanks!
I'll just order the wednesday night special from Damianos like I always do.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's actually disappointing to see a lot of the older guys playing. From what I understood from league meetings was the teams were going to promote and sign the younger Italian players from around the lower mainland. The rationale was to bring out their families and eventually the community would follow over time. The previous league got stale with the older guys - me included - and it was time to go back to the basics of the league and community.

Only Juventus and Roma aggressively recruited and signed the 18 year-old players as asked by the ICSF. Both teams had at least 8 players under the age of 21, including 6 U-19s at Roma.

Ringhio

Sep 13, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juventus and Roma both finished as the bottom teams in the league... Inter also has signed 8 players under the age of 21 and they won the league, and have a chance of winning the double in the finals this sunday.... i guess its about the quality of youth you sign...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Juventus and Roma both finished as the bottom teams in the league... Inter also has signed 8 players under the age of 21 and they won the league, and have a chance of winning the double in the finals this sunday.... i guess its about the quality of youth you sign...

That is a pretty poor choice of words IMO. But then you are a new poster and don't quite have the experience in being tactful in geting your message across. I guess it's about the quality of new posters that sign up.....:rolleyes:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the list of quality players in the league this year... its a good start... well... apart from
WAB still chasing that league title and championship a la Campo in the glory days. Back in the hey dey the league got up to a solid dozen teams, hopefully it gets back to that and la viola is always on top :wa:!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a reminder that the final between Inter and Fiorentina is at 2:00 pm at Beaconsfield today. It should be a very competitive final.

The hardware for the league will also be handed out today. Some fantastic-looking trophies have been aquired for the awards presentation. Definitely not your kid's participation medal!

I think that the posters here will be interested in the makeup of the all star team, MVP, top goalkeeper and top defender awards. This, along with the golden boot, will be awarded today. No, I will not give you a preview. :D

Thanks for the praise for the first year back. We are very proud of the 5 teams and the management groups for those teams. None of this would have happened without the work of Sam Pantusa of the ICSF and the ICSF's support of league.

Undoubtedly there is room to improve. We look forward to your suggestions. WAB, your concerns about the youth players are noted. Having said that, some of the older players were surprising good. Definitely not some of the old hacks that were sprinkled through the old league.

See you at Beaconsfield!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiorentina beat Inter 2-1 to win the cup. Nice hardware handed out today. Cup looked like the Champions League cup with the streamers and everything. Congrats to the Fiorentina players and staff.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0