Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2009

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final score was actually 3-1 for Fiorentina. A well-played, intense, sometimes chippy affair.

I will try and repeat all of the awards:

Italian League Cup Champion: Fiorentina
League Champion: Inter

MVP: Mark Gomes
Top defender: Tony Gaita
Top keeper: Erman Ozkan
Top scorer: Andrew Corazza

MVP of Final: Tyler Rosenlund

All-star team:

Erman Ozkan
Mark Gomes
Tony Gaita
Andrew Corazza
Steve Kindel
Jordon Michael
Omari Aldridge
Joseph Marrello
Mike Tempesta
Russell Huggon
Alex Marrello

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, 3-1 was the final. Tyler had a nice goal bottom corner off the post for Fiorentina's 3rd goal. GC had a huge game in the pipes for Inter and was unlucky not to get more help on the goals. Erman was solid for Fiorentina even though he had less work to do, but took care of business when he needed to.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great atmosphere at the final today. Family went down to kick off Italian week and I talked them into having a look at the game being played and we ended up watching the entire second half. The entire field was lined with fans and it was a lot of fun mingling with new people over soccer.

Both teams played well but Fiorentina was the stronger team from what I saw of the game and deserved to win.

All in all a wonderful time was had by all. Here is to hoping next year brings a longer season, more teams and more badass official kits!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, 3-1 was the final. Tyler had a nice goal bottom corner off the post for Fiorentina's 3rd goal. GC had a huge game in the pipes for Inter and was unlucky not to get more help on the goals. Erman was solid for Fiorentina even though he had less work to do, but took care of business when he needed to.

Really?!
I thought he should have done better on the first goal.
He was extremely slow off his line to help his defence out, and should have gotten to the ball before Joe did.
The second he got chipped from the 18 yard box- Tyler put it off the cross bar, and it dropped to Gino who headed it into the corner. The way the goalie responded , it seemed as though he thought it might bounce off the post into his arms. Wrong. It hit the mesh.
That being said, he did make some nice saves from point blank...but, in the end he was far from 'huge in the pipes'.

It was my first game, so cannot comment on the All Stars.

The game was exciting, with lots of action... and bad blood.
If the mandate was to go young...there is a lot of work to do. I think Fiorentina's average age was 35:eek:
Fiorentina were the better side on the day, but there was a lot of skilled players out there; and to think they still had Clarke to add to that mix.
Great battle in the middle with Valente v Marello.

The choice for Game MVP was solid, as I felt Tyler was the most dangerous person out there.

Judd with a couple of rocket free kicks that could have changed the complexion of the game.

Sam Pantusa should be congratulated for doing a very good job. The trophy's were awesome, and the atmosphere was excellent.

Looking forward to next year and what Sam and Co. does to make it better.

Great Stuff!:wa:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry, Zaurinni, but i think that he did play well. Not as easy as it looks from the sidelines. Fiorentina could have had a few more if not for GC. Point blank saves to keep your team still in the game is huge. Sam and co. did do a huge job getting the league going and they deserve huge props. Ready and waiting for next season. 29

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really?!

Sam Pantusa should be congratulated for doing a very good job. The trophy's were awesome, and the atmosphere was excellent.

Looking forward to next year and what Sam and Co. does to make it better.

Great Stuff!:wa:

I echo those thoughts. Fantastic work, Sam!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see Mobs hoisting the cup... congrats to all.

LOL

We were noticing that on Sunday too.

Now, the only player not to lift the cup is HOSE!!!

Although, we also said this win has an * next to it, as it was a shortened season with only 5 teams.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey apprentice, I think Chievo FC is coming out. Did you lose that treep yet??:)

The treep is a work in progress...almost gone. By the time I make my return to the Italian league this year it should be a 6 pack:rolleyes:

Heard Joe Papa is managing a team this year. Best manager in the business.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0