Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops Rec. Summer League 2008

When was the last time TheRob posted a poll?

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are different up here.

I joined indoor in November. Being a new player, I can't just find some buddies and join their team. I have to sign up, play two "draft games" and then wait to be drafted. I felt like a young Wayne Gretzky sitting in the Soccer Quest lounge waiting for my name to be called.

First pick of the second round, sixth overall. Not bad. I guess it was all my FVSL Div. 1 experience.

Two games in, SNAP goes the left ACL and Medial Miniscus.

So, I'm signed up for outdoor this summer now that my left leg is sort of bionic. I would like to play with the same guys as I did for those whole two games in the winter, but nope. I have to be allocated to an existing team, play three "draft games" and sit through another draft and wait for my name to be called. Apparently there are two or three teams "after me" though so getting drafted won't be a problem.

Must be all my FVSL Div. 1 experience again.

Is there anyone on here from Kamloops by any chance???

More posts to follow. :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob, do they have a co-ed league out there? Honestly the AMSL isn't the same without you around anymore to light up TTP on anyone!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a complaint about God's country?

Fcuking Germans will always find something wrong with the world.

:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My only complaint is having to sit through all the discussions regarding joining teams and the perks that will come my way. Chicks. Money. Fast cars. You know. Typical Tom Vu stuff.

Once the team reps found out I was an ex-dragon the free meals and gifts really started flying.

Hey. I just want to play soccer and will go wherever I'm drafted. I won't "Lindros" anyone.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob:
Where do you guys play there? We used to use the college(now university) for games...
Too many guys who have no clue how to play. They'll run you so beware. Kind of like Conductor...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play all over town. Singh, Charles Anderson, and Mcarthur mostly.

First draft game tonight. Stoked!

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

"stoked" - adjective - to be "stoked" is to be completely and intensely enthusiastic, exhilirated, or excited about something. those who are stoked all of the time know this; being stoked is the epitome of all being. when one is stoked, there is no limit to what one can do.

also, "stoke" - verb - one can "stoke" oneself out by facing challenges or by revving up an engine within oneself to accomplish that which one desires.

*being too stoked just means that you're still not stoked enough*

"Man oh man am i stoked for my upcoming draft game"

"Perchance you'd like to stoke yourself out and ask that girl out!"

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods:
How stoked are you? I heard the draft is wide open this year with many new teams. Are you in the "Oldtimers" or in the Senior Mens league up there?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Redwoods:
How stoked are you? I heard the draft is wide open this year with many new teams. Are you in the "Oldtimers" or in the Senior Mens league up there?

is there a difference?? And whichever one I can get my 20 min a game.

Thank you very much.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big difference...30 and 40 year olds versus the guys in their twenties...Depends on your fitness I guess.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, my first draft game lasted a whole five minutes. There is a longevity joke in there, but I'll leave it for Dude.

I sort of strained my calf a few months back due to it compensating for my knee(so the physio says). I started running on Sunday and felt it tighten and totally ball up almost right away. Tried to play through it for a few minutes, but couldn't.

This might hurt my draft chances. I might have to buy some managers some beers, or "meet the coaches" as Dude puts it. Dude humps Chuck nightly by the way.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did the calibre look Therob? I guess nothing is as high as the Tigers but they can always dream!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not even close to the Tigers.

I can't really say right now though. Managers and coaches might be lurking here and I don't want to say anything that might affect my draft position.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

Perhaps you may go undrafted and have to take a free agent offer.

A bring the ice for the cooler all year and you can join type deal.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's fcuked...it's like Bizzaro soccer world. I bet you don't even have to bring out your hot wife to get your teammates to accept you- they probably are just happy to have you for your skill and fitness.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mainly my fitness Dude. But with fitness comes skill really.

Hmmm, undrafted. I never really thought of that. I might need an agent.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0