Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops Rec. Summer League 2008

When was the last time TheRob posted a poll?

• Total voters

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I was drafted in the second round. I'm not sure what pick overall. Maybe 12ish? Anyhow, I am now a Platinum Reality Ranger.

First game is Sunday at 6pm vs. Jensen Law. The team I played on during indoor.

Should be interesting.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the reality of you getting good playing time, or the reality of there being some nasty business coming your way from your old team?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how much time you'll get...At least if you are looking for a house you are covered...Stay away from the big guy though. Cheers!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the reality of you getting good playing time, or the reality of there being some nasty business coming your way from your old team?
Fcuking speeling Nazi. :mad:

We got slaughtered 5 donut last night. We didn't look too good and the team we were playing were young and relatively fit. I managed 40 minutes before my ailing calf tightened up again.

Game two tomorrow night vs. The Bar Codes. I predict our first win.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction was correct. 6 or 7 bagle. The Bar Codes will struggle to win a game this year.

My calf gets a rest until Sunday. Mothers Day games bring me nothing but grief. :(

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So where are you guys playing? On the island or at singh?? How's the post game celebrations? Baileys or Rockin Firkin used to be the places...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big 1-1 draw on Sunday night vs. one of the Piva teams. They had 14 out. We had 7 when I got there 15 minutes in. We played with 8 until half when Angelo got there, then back to 8 with about 15 to go when my calf started acting up. I'm old.

Our goalie Dan played an amazing game to get us the point. The guy was on fire. The goal scored by one of our halfbacks was a beuaty too. Freaking rocket from the 18.

The post game celebrations(because we did celebrate this result)involved beer from the cooler and I believe some crown was even passed around.

No games until Tuesday

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when those old halfbacks come though. :D

Did you go out of a 2-3-5 formation?
Did you play Inside Right or Right Wing?
Centre Forward?

Fcuking 'Crown' then?
You've really adapated to the 'native' Kamloops crowd haven't you?
No, no wait...the game was played at 'Singh' wasn't it?

:D

Fcuking pish compared to the nippy 12 year old Aberlour I brought out on Wednesday for the boys in the Langley Elite Summer Soccer League.

Amateur...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're so hard on me Frase. :(

I believe the beer in the cooler was Pil, so yes, you can say I have adapted.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just don't adapt to the level of play Rob. That would be really depressing. Just wait till you piss someone off and you get suckered...Seen it a few times. Enjoy.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just don't adapt to the level of play Rob. That would be really depressing. Just wait till you piss someone off and you get suckered...Seen it a few times. Enjoy.
That almost happend last game. I was running back behind some plumber and got a little too close and clipped his foot with my thigh. Down he goes. I apologized right away and tried to help him up and he starts screaming and getting pushy. I tell him to relax and shut his gob. Seemed to work.

Flats of Pil when you're up Frase. Chilled even.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another undermanned victory from the Platinum Rangers.

Rangers 3-2 Tenisici/Piva

We looked really good last night.

Of course, the Pil was out in full force afterwards.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Platinum(Big E.) is doing well in real estate. He should be supplying the team with coronas or even stellas....

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm....he probably did last year. The market has slowed a lot though. Pil is probably all he can afford. :)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

Is your bro still reffing there? Tell him he should give TheRob a yellow just for being TheRob...:D

Any idea who Muffy might be playing for?

Does Piva actually get onto the field?

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV: Yup, he still refs...but also plays. I think he is in the same league as The Rob. Not sure what team though. Yes "little" Piva plays although not very well. He sees the ball once in awhile. The other is a goalie and not a bad one at that. Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob actually; I saw him last (and SCK jr.) when I guest-starred:rolleyes: in a couple of indoor games a couple of years ago. Rob kind of strolled around the field, and didn't really have an impact, but at least he bought beers afterward.

That night was also memorable because some goof on the other team jumped the ref and they scrapped it out in midfield. Both got up afterward and dusted off their knuckles like it was nuthin' and this happened regularly. A bit surreal, actually.

I think Muffy and SCK jr. and I also closed down the Firkin that night, but it's all kind of a blur...:D

Trece

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry for the hiatus.

I took two weeks off to finally get my calves better. I think we won a couple and lost a couple in that time. I couldn't even go watch because I'd end up playing.

I've been back for four games now. Two in net. We scored a win over Piva(Rob's team)2-1 a week and a half ago. Then lost to the Media team 4-3(my first game in net). Won vs. Excel(we had 8 guys and won 5-2) Then in our biggest win of the season, we avenged a 5 nothing loss at the hands of Jensen Law with a 5-1 win of our own.

I think we are in second place four points behind Jensen.

I'm enjoying the league so far though. And no real rough stuff...................yet. ;) The reffing isn't very good, but I suppose it is only a "rec" league.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0