Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops Rec. Summer League 2008

When was the last time TheRob posted a poll?

• Total voters

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do the refs still argue with players as they make stupid calls? That used to drive me nuts. Refs make mistakes but those guys had no idea how to forget about a call and move on. Good luck!

deaner

Feb 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to say I enjoyed your expose on the interior. Being from the Interior, down south, it is cool to see how the Vancouver group perceives us as the great unwashed (from a soccer point of view). That may have been the case many years ago but I think we are slowly improving, play, fields, refs and player attitudes. I know that at our club (PSC) we are really trying to do the best for the game (and beer) but can take some piss about being backwoods I guess.

Look forward to hearing more about how bad we are or at least how bad it is in loops. Got to start warming up for our 45 plus league starts in 5 hours.

Cheers

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick update.

We(Platinum)finished fifth in the league. Not bad considering they finished DFL last year.

We went in to playoffs feeling good and ended up winning the coveted Kamloops Rec League title.

Sweet.

Once a Ranger....................

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better late than never. A shot of the victorious Platinum Rangers. Taken moments after the 2-0 victory over Jays in the KRSL final.

Attachments

• Rangers 08.jpg
    Rangers 08.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 93

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep. Singh it is. Nice little changerooms(no showers)and a covered BBQ area.

The fields there were mint last year. I think it is safe to say we play on some of the nicest grass fields in the province.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sean Flynn. Yes sir. He was injured for the final, and may not play this year.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He is hurting Regs....In more ways than one. Just try and go out with him one night and you'll know what I mean. We used to call him "how long can you go Flynn?"

I notice a few others as well. Claudio, Carlo, Eric and maybe even Angelo....They are still playing!! Wow.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno... last time I went out in Kamloops I was with SCK's brother and Muffy at the Firkin. That was scary enough.:rolleyes:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
TV: I was referring to another Claudio btw....someone a little older around your age.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know you're old when a dude you played against on Thursday, is having a heartattack on the field next to you on Sunday.

Not sure who it was(he plays for Jay's)but I hope he's alright.

:(

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekend Warrior!!

Probably too many pizzas and beers after the games....is Baileys still happening? Used to be the regular pit stop after a weekday game. Lots of memories there!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Usually we just stick around Singh. Bring the BBQ out.

You should make a guest appearence one of these days.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0