Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keeper's Battle

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is with great sadness that I pass on the news that my brother Marcus in now resting peacefully. He died last night at 11:00pm with his loving wife & daughter and parents by his side.

He battled his cancer with courage and strength but in the end the evil beast won out. I am somewhat relieved however that he may now rest peacefully without pain.

A Thank You to all of you for your thoughts this past summer/fall. Although he did not wish for personal visits, he very much appreciated your thoughts and well wishes and wanted everyone to remember him as they had last seen him. A proud happy father and loving husband.

Regards,
Robert

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is shocking news, I very, very, very sorry to hear this.

Marcus was a very dedicated man, you could see it just from his contributions to the local soccer community. Man, I just don't know what to say right now :(

I'll post later, a sad, sad day...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please accept my condolences to you and your family for this great loss. I was lucky enough to play with Marcus in the Nation's Cup and share his great passion for the game.

Although we knew he might lose the battle with this disease, it always comes as a shock when he hear news like this. No more pain. No more suffering. Rest in Peace Marcus.

SP

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know what to type. I'm shocked and sad to hear this.

Funny this place called TTP. I have never met Marcus face to face, but we debated on the pages a lot, and took a lot of shots at each other. You know, he being a "left leaning" democrat type, and me being a deep-end right leaning conservative.

Over private messages, we chatted frequently about everything, and I have no problem saying this guy was a "friend". He was a really, really good guy. Beyond being an intellectual that I enjoyed "discussing" my views with, I respected him for his passion for his job (a student and teacher), and for his love of the game.

Seeing his story on the news about the birth of his baby last year made me cry w/ laughter, but also finally gave me a face to put w/ the name, and from then on felt like I knew this guy, and now I feel like I've lost a friend. In fact, I know I have.

Rest in peace Keeper.

To his loved ones- my sincere condolences.

~Mike Meade.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m horribly speechless…

I sit and stare wanting to write but I can’t.

Very sad…

My heartfelt condolences to his family.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
a 6 month old daughter!? Did I have that straight? :(

I never knew him personally (Marcus/Keeper) but have had a few 'forum chats etc' with him here...Always came off as a really solid and standup guy.

Sad News indeed. RIP Keeper & my sincerest condolences to you and yours number2/Robert and to Marcus' wife & Daughter.:(

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, no. As the others have said, this is a very sad day.

My sincere condolences to all of Marcus' family & friends. He was a great guy and will not be forgotten.

Keeper, we'll miss you, man. Rest in peace.

Steve

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is horrible horrible news!!! I had no idea this thread was even around, I am absolutely speechless. My deepest condolences go out to his family. Rest in peace!!

Dario

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robert,

Please pass along my condolences and those of Norvan FC to Kristina and Katelyn and the rest of the Dressel clan. My heart aches and there are no words to capture what I feel which is just a microcosm of what you and your family must be dealing with. Rest in Peace Marcus.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbelievable news ..... my deepest condolences to the Dressel's. Marcus' spirit & enthusiasm will be deerly missed.

~ Paul Walker

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A sad day.
Marcus was a long time member of Westside. A great competitor on the field in the pipes and a dedicated supporter for all teams within the club. Literally thousands of pics and countless hours developing and maintaining the website were just a part of his contribution to the club.
Marcus will be missed and always remembered. On behalf of the Westside Soccer Club, sincerest condolences to wife Kristina, Katelyn, Robert and the entire Dressel family.
Jason Small.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sad news today.

I got to know Marcus on TTP and met him a few times when we played against each other.

I remember the first time I met Marcus. We were playing Westside at Hillcrest. After the game ,we were having a few drinks on the bleachers, and Marcus came over and yelled, "where is Gurps?" He knew me from TTP ,and came over to say hello.

Marcus and I had a few drinks and sat and talked for three hours. I remember that day because it showed me what the game was all about. Play a hard fun game, and have a few drinks with your buddies after the game. What more could you ask for in life.

After that, Marcus and I would always talk it up after each game we played against each other. He was a gentleman, and a very nice guy.

I will miss your posts Marcus, as well as all the great soccer pictures you would take every week and post on TTP.

RIP Marcus and my deepest sympathies to your family.

Harry Minhas

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob - my sincerest condolences to the Dressel family. I am immensely sad to hear the news or Marcus' passing. We have lost a great man :(

Cameron Davis

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Marcus was a great guy with loads of talent on the pitch and off with a camera. I remember sitting with him beside on of the posts Nations Cup a few years back. We were having a laugh about ttp and the soccer community, while he was trying to get some cool pics for the site. Well some action takes place infront of the German goal, and Marcus takes one of the best soccer pictures I have ever seen, of Smiles making a save to the far post.

I feel so very sorry for the Dressel family. As a father with two young children I just can't imagine this, and just don't know what to say of something so terrible to this young man.

RIP Marcus

Chris Johnson and family.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny this place called TTP.

So true.
I didnt know Keeper as well as most, but here on TTP I surely enjoyed his Piss-takes & countless photos....

(he even managed to get photos of The Greek Summer League!)

my condolences to the family...

Z

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to take the opportunity to express my sincere and heartfelt condolences to Kristina and their young daughter as well as Bob and the entire Dressel clan on behalf of myself and Norma Guerin.
Marcus has indeed been a very valuable asset to the Westside community over the years in many capacities. Marcus was brought to the Knights by his brother Bob and played for several years. He was always quick to laugh and was well respected by team mates and opponents alike. His contributions to Westside,the TTP website, and to the lives of the youth he taught in school are well documented and deserving of recognition.
Obviously he will be greatly missed, as are all those who have made a positive impact on those they have come to know.
Marcus may the great spirit watch over you and your loved ones in this time of sorrow and help you on your journey. It will be a much kinder, gentler and happier place.
Jay Mearns

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.
Speechless is right and tough to type.

Like some others here I never met Marcus face to face but by posting on here I got to know him a bit.

It seems like just a few days ago he had made a posting on TTP and I actually had thought if that was the case, things were on the mend.

It's always the good guys innit?

My warmest wishes to his family in this incredibly difficult time.

Rest in Peace Marcus,
Fraser Ross

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0