Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Miller Cup 2007

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2007 Keith Miller Cup

Putter said:
WW,

Maybe my first post was a bit unclear... my bad.
The Challenge Cup includes VISL divisions 3, 4, 5 & 6. Of this I am 100% sure, since our first round draw is against a Div 6 team.
The Tony Grover Cup is for the Over 35's.
To the Provincials, the VISL sends the top team in Div 3, plus the 2 Challenge Cup finalists. Last year, because we were the host league, we got 4 spots: top 2 teams in Div 3, plus 2 cup finalists.
Teams from Courtney, Saltspring, Powell River, etc. are all part of the VISL. Courtney may well have won it a few years back, but would have made up one of the VISL's entries.
At any rate... we'll be there.
Hope the Valley isn't in the middle of manure-spreading when we visit!

no worries. if you watch the B cup, it sometimes looks like a over 35 tourney. that's why westside won it with the 20 year old legs last year.

VISL is good to have 6 divisions. Probably one day, VMSL and FVSL will go back and have more divisions, but more equal play within the divisions. For example, 2 Premier divsions in VMSl but probably 12 teams deserve to be called premier. There are talks of going back to one premier division. Let's see if the old guard like Ruben and Azzi block progress.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

wayne's world said:
actually 5 put, VISL div 3 & 4 plays in your George Peakes Challenge Cup and the two finalist get berths in the B Cup. Teams such as Courtney may send a team and VISL loses a spot. Didn't Courtney a few years ago win it all?

Div 1 and 2 play in the Jackson Cup for the A Cup and Div 5 & 6 have no provincial cup but play in the Tony Grover Cup on the island.

So maybe your a bit confused when you play golf too eh. I'm sure you golf a low 70's. To bad that's on the front nine.

And yes, FVSL is rumoured to be the host league.

No, not Courtney. Campbell River and they beat Genesis (aka AFC Leopards the cheaters) in the final.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

wayne's world said:
on the richmond site, looks like on one good team this year. the all-blacks and rovers might not even make it. never heard of the athletics or players united. they might join the dragons.

The only good team to come out of Richmond was Richmond Town.

I heard they won the QUAD.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There are talks of going back to one premier division. Let's see if the old guard like Ruben and Azzi block progress.
To be fair, it isn't the old guard that is blocking this from happening... it is the teams in Div 1 and the weaker Premier teams that tend to vote against this from happening...

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is the whereabouts of this year's B Cup still up in the air? Has anyone heard any rumblings and grumblings of where it might be held?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Having the B cup in the Fraser Valley suits our team much better. I have a feeling the cup will be staying in the valley this year TUNA.

JTL

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

dragons and coachmen would be a nifty game to watch. I might have to go with the dragons on this one, extra time penals though:D

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Your Coachmen won't even make it out of your own backyards.

Cheers,
Tuna

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL,

Congrats on the perfect season though.

Is there any talk of a celebratory parade?

George Best

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Tuna said:
Your Coachmen won't even make it out of your own backyards.

Cheers,
Tuna

Tuna, I wouldn't count the Coachmen out. They are 19-0 and have scored around 90 goals including cup games. I watched them play a young very fit Port Moody team a few weeks back and they were outhussled, mostly outplayed but they still won 2-0 and it should have been 3 with a noncall on an obvious pk. They have 5 or 6 guys that seem to score at will.

wayne's world

Jun 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dragons beat a young Delta Metro United team last week 3-2. DMU should improved in the standings next year in FVSL Premier division if Randy Samuel can keep the team together.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

George Best said:
Tuna, I wouldn't count the Coachmen out. They are 19-0 and have scored around 90 goals including cup games. I watched them play a young very fit Port Moody team a few weeks back and they were outhussled, mostly outplayed but they still won 2-0 and it should have been 3 with a noncall on an obvious pk. They have 5 or 6 guys that seem to score at will.
there is not a team in div2 fraser valley period that can win a game versus the dragons. dragons are a top div 1 if in vmsl. with a few premier players on there team. i think the coachmen would need there four legged friends to help

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The mightly Dragons may posess Van Premiership quality in the outfield, but they certainly can't say the same about their 4th Div show donkey between the pipes. EEE-AWH!

Maybe they're just trying to level the playing field?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach, yes I agree that the Dragons on paper have some good players, but knowing your teams lack of commitment to a full season there is no way you would be a top level VMSL Div 1 top team. I honestly think you guys are a middle of the pack div 1 team in the VMSL, my reasons being are that your team is A) too old and B) lack of commitment on a full season. Anyways just wanted to add my 2 cents and hopefully your team helps win my personal bet by at least making it to the final in the "B" Cup

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

George Best said:
Must have been hard to type that with your nose up JTL's bum.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have played and know many of the players on the Dragons and I do think they would have the edge against us (the Coachmen). We have some players that can compete but too many holes and our fitness is terrible. If the tourney is in June I don't think we'll be attending anyways. Too many holidays and my wife is due at that time and somebody else would have to organize it which won't happen.

One question for Supercoach. If you guys are a mix of Div. 1 and VMSL premier players why not give the A provincials a crack as well. Surely there should be a way to sneak into that tournament.

TR - leave my ass out of this.

JTL

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
SmartCoach, yes I agree that the Dragons on paper have some good players, but knowing your teams lack of commitment to a full season there is no way you would be a top level VMSL Div 1 top team. I honestly think you guys are a middle of the pack div 1 team in the VMSL, my reasons being are that your team is A) too old and B) lack of commitment on a full season. Anyways just wanted to add my 2 cents and hopefully your team helps win my personal bet by at least making it to the final in the "B" Cup
you are confused i am not coach of the dragons from richmond premier league!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the RSSL site:

Provincial Cup Bound!!

As the 2nd and 3rd place finishers in Premier Division, Athletics “A” and Allblacks are off to represent the RSSL at the BCSA B Cup Provincial Cup tourney set for the first week of June. They will join IGM Dragons in the quest for Provincial glory.

The only thing notable really is that the Rovers aren't present... They finished 6th in an 8 team league this year... quite the nose-dive after winning the provincials in 2003.

I really hope all this talk about the Dragons doesn't drag on like it did last year :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0