Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bit more from the pau point of view... and so as not to fade gently into that good night... ;)

As is said, we controlled most of first half (if not all). almost got a goal on a corner from a beauty header but one of whalley's defenders on the post managed to head it out right at the line:eek: amazing save as keep was totally beat... one defensive lapse with 2 min left in half and good break by whaller, cracker shot that just squeaked by our keep and down 1 goal... sigh, downhill from there... we seemed to lose heart and most of the team really stopped making the drive for the ball... led to another defensive collapse and another cracker shot (from like 25 yards out) hard low and far corner beats everyone... sigh, 2 down and team even further in the dumps... then a goal in funny jam up off a corner... nice ball to whalley player, but bounces off our man on the post, to one of defenders foot, off the side to whalley, back of the net... ok we're done... throw on the grinders though to make whalley keep playing...our other forward with me makes great run up, gets a beauty cross that he makes a nice header that.... hits the cross. even i'm groaning until i realize that the ball is coming right to me and i make the volley into the corner of the net:eek::cool:... but whalley gets last goal on another set play (man we suck at those!) that our keep just couldn't hold too... too slick... sigh... game play was not a 4-1 game so we felt pretty bummed by the lost... you guys are fast, but you really only play a counterattack game... we really owned you when we played our game (1st half) but we never do that for a full 90:mad:

anyway, not sure what the hell the ref was doing... he blew his whistle every 30sec it seemed... didn't like the physical play... some was justified but not that much!!! and stals... i want to see the picture proof... steve-o really is just not big enuf or strong enuf of a guy to send anyone done.. so i was right on you still having the ankles of a 3-yr old girl... :D

btw good save on the pk for your keep...

He did call a lot, but he kept it in hand. Steve-O didn't injure me, I just have stud marks on my ankle from his tackle which he says didn't happen. Also a nice fat lip from Bobby's elbow. We definitely made the counter attack work, but the whole second half we had you on your heels controlling play, basically the exact opposite of the first half. I knew he would make the save on the PK, he's like 90% over the last 5 years. I don't know how, but he is. Can't wait to play you guys in summer, it was a great game.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know when we start getting linesman for the games? I know it was the final last year but not sure if they had them before.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting in the Semi's you get linesmen. As well, you play OT rather than just head straight to a shootout. Everyone gets excited about the extra officials, but sometimes it just means two more people to bitch at!

Look forward to some good games this weekend. Good luck to all involved.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Starting in the Semi's you get linesmen. As well, you play OT rather than just head straight to a shootout. Everyone gets excited about the extra officials, but sometimes it just means two more people to bitch at!

Look forward to some good games this weekend. Good luck to all involved.

It goes to OT as well? Sweet, I hate going to PK's, even though we're good at them it's a shitty way to win or lose.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just checked the FVSL site, the semi-finals are set for the 15th, at 5:30 and 8 @ Willoughby turf. Should provide a good night of drinking for all teams involved. Some drowning sorrow's and some celebrating, but drinking nonetheless.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Titans 1-0 Over The "MIGHTY" Rams?!?! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

There is no Hahaha necessary. A very competitive game that had to be decided in PK's. No way to win or lose, but we'll take it and the Rams should be given credit for a good fight. No need to rub it in or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0