Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: get what together? :D :rolleyes:

Luch:

Bottom field at Kensington is actually in much better shape than Adanac right now (and probably better than most fields in the city of Vancouver). I realize that's not saying much, but how wet do you want your feet to get? Hastings has also been suffering from overuse; 6 games on weekends will do that to even the best fields.

beerz,

stew :cool:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom field at Kensington is actually in much better shape than Adanac right now

Stew,

I'll take your word for it. In all fairness I haven't been out to Kennsingtion this year, but doesn't the field have a baseball diamond or 2 at opposite corners? In any case, any chance the date, time etc will be confirmed soon?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch:

You're thinking about the top field; that's the one with the large gravelled diamond just off the SE edge. Last time I saw it, it was also under about 8 inches of water :rolleyes: That's why if the game is there, it will be played on the lower field.

Still waiting for date/time info on this as well as other games. I think some of them are waiting on input from Reuben...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
You're thinking about the top field; that's the one with the large gravelled diamond just off the SE edge.

That's most likely it ... it has been awhile.

Cheers.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last Provincial berth decided tonight in a cracker between Metro Ford Celtic and Columbus. Scoreless through regulation time, and then into extra time. Columbus scored first after a bit of a scramble in the box; 1-0 at the break.

Celtic pressed hard and came back with a rocket of a strike from outside the box (couldn't see who hit it as I was on the way back to replenish my "coffee"); then Frank Ciaccia hit a free kick (with a couple of lucky bounces along the way) to the back of the net. Final 2-1 for Columbus. Suggested to Frank that he go buy a lottery ticket after the way that ball went in - he can use the winnings to pay for the trip to the island. :D

Nice to see all the company out for the games tonight - Coach, Toes, DJones, CraigO, etc. Some non-TTPers as well, like Paul Lowther, who I watched most of the game with. Kudos to Firefighters as well, who stuck around after their game to watch this one.

Many more beerz,

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch,I think this was your origanal point!!
I'll take your word for it. In all fairness I haven't been out to Kennsingtion this year, but doesn't the field have a baseball diamond or 2 at opposite corners?
Stew your earlier post to Luch to this comment was the reason why the game was on the bottom field than you come back at me with this cracker
FYI they're a lot smaller and dryer than the ones up top...
:D :D

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
FYI,the bottom field at Kensington also has baseball diamonds at opposite corners of the field!!

Conductor,

That's what I thought... ;).

Stew may have a year or two on me, so we'll just let it slide :D.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys:

stew has a year on most people - that's about the only thing I've got left :rolleyes: what were we talking about? :D

Coach - I guess I'll have to reserve a seat on that balcony you were talking about for Saturday...

still sliding.....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Luch:

Not 100% sure about this yet, but I think PCOV/Peg will most likely be at Kensington (I guess it depends if the goalposts are still up) on the 17th. Don't know about any other games yet.

beerz,

Stew;

Can we at least confirm which day ie 16th or 17th? We have a bunch of firemen that need to change shifts etc...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a similar note, I was told yesterday via email from Bruce Yule that the island had a deadline of today to announce venues. I'm not sure what the punishment would be if they don't comply. I also asked him if the island teams all got home games randomly or if it was some "system" and he assured me it was a fluke.

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What about the rest of the venues?!? Less than a week to go and nobody knows when or where they're playing.

Sir M has a great point, players got work schedules, family obligations, etc. Come on BCSA get it together!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure our game (Slurrey v Malones) will be on Sunday out at Cloverdale Athletic Park. Non-turf surface.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to BC Soocer website:

April16/17 1st round games

SFC vs Van. FF NAP noon Saturday

Freybe vs Lobbans 1000 Sunday Boulevard Park

PCOV vs Pegasus 1000 Sunday Kensington North

SU vs Malones Cloverdale Athletic Sunday 1000

:wa:

All other games have not been finalized.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Coach and I were both at the draw - it was random who ended up playing who and where. Most of the slots were drawn by Robby Brown, so there wasn't any sneak job by the island league that way.

I sent an email message to the president of the VISL, John Derkson, on Saturday morning, requesting when and where the games scheduled on the island were going to be played. I mentioned the concern that some players needed to book time off work and make family/travel arrangements, so it would be nice to know as soon as possible. So far, I've got a read receipt timestamped about 20 minutes after I sent the message, but no reply.

Draw your own conclusions.....

beerz,

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've heard Pete,you guys better take a mower and bags of sand to fill the pot holes in that cow pasture. Good luck.

Cheers!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew,
So sad to have missed you guys on Friday night but someone has to keep the city safe....besides the orders from the physio not to play....hopefully I'll be okay for Sat.

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
leftover scheduling holes (all on Saturday):

Nanaimo United vs ICSF Inter @ Caledonia Park/McGirr Field 2:00 pm
Vic West FC vs Westside Miloni @ Royal Athletic Park 1:30 pm
Lakehill vs Peace Arch United @ Royal Athletic Park 11:00 am

Sunday:

Victoria Athletics vs Columbus @ Glasgow Park 1:00 pm