Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW: Week 4 Div. 2 FVSL

MOTW Poll: Week 4

• Royals vs Gunners

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Alder Undivided vs PC United

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • FCFC vs Tigers

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • PM Lions vs Nationals

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 4 MOTW time...
Sunday: Tsawwassen Royals versus Port Moody Gunners: Royals are coming off their first win of the season, much to their Mom's adulation, and now face a good test as to how much mettle they've got this season. PM is undefeated, and has seemingly won convicingly for three straight weeks. Tsawassen needs this one badly to keep pace at the top of the table, and a draw would likely suit them nicely all things considered. Anything less than three points will be rubbish for PM and likely be very costly at the end of the season. MOTW?

Sunday: Aldergrove Undivided versus Poco City United: Battle of the undefeated squads in this 'B' table tilt. Poco hasn't allowed a GA, while Alder has only allowed 2, and both have filled the net regularly thus far this season. Could a 4-4 draw be in the offing here? MOTW?

Saturday: Five Corners FC versus GEU Tigers: This match is of particular interest on for a couple of reasons. One, the Tigers are out of the gate strong, somewhat surprisingly, and have only allowed one GA in three matches. Two, FCFC has four points in three matches, but has only allowed one GA for each match played thus far. It is possible that these two squads, fairly equal defensively so far, could produce a closely contested match settled by two goals or less. I'll venture to say there may be only two goals scored period in this match. A draw here would be huge for FCFC, and no doubt a confidence builder for them. MOTW?

Sunday: Port Moody Lions versus North Delta Nationals: Though I may look like a homer for choosing this match, there is objective sound reasoning behind that decision. I understand there is history to speak of between these clubs that goes back some seasons. In addition, after blowing out GEU the Lions have played two close games since, though they have not lost either match and have taken four points from them. That said, the Nationals had a shaky start against Arsenal, but have responded with a tight draw and a blowout of their own since. PM will not want to drop any points here, as they can put the Nationals in their rear view by a good margin early in the campaign with win and retain top spot in the table for another week. MOTW?

Have at it lads, the forum is yours.

~Shaven

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I voted to the Royals and Gunners (sorry Walls) for the fact that The Royals need this one too like you said to keep up with try to get to the top of 2a, I think the gunners won't like the Royals Pitch (not many do from what I hear) and I wonder if the Royals can play a hard nose game against a clean fast team that won't play dirty this could be a interesting match I wish the Royals all the best but would love to see the Gunners win the game (and our group)

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, i've gotta give motw to my squad vs the PMG. this is a huge game for us, but we've proved we can play with the best in the past, beating NDFC last season when they were on their hot streak, and it wasn't a well played game by our squad, i'm sure dopeashell or jive can state their case as well, but regardless... we definatly need AT LEAST a point out of this match if we hope to compete for a top spot in 2A this season. i know we can come together as a team and play with the top teams, we just have a tendancy to drop to other teams skill levels, see SFC Stars vs Royals last week :eek:

i'd comment on the other matches but i have absolutely no knowledge of any of those teams so fukc it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Week 4 MOTW time...
Sunday: Tsawwassen Royals versus Port Moody Gunners: Royals are coming off their first win of the season, much to their Mom's adulation, and now face a good test as to how much mettle they've got this season. PM is undefeated, and has seemingly won convicingly for three straight weeks. Tsawassen needs this one badly to keep pace at the top of the table, and a draw would likely suit them nicely all things considered. Anything less than three points will be rubbish for PM and likely be very costly at the end of the season. MOTW?

How in anyone else's description this could be considered a MOTW is beyond me. The Royals, it seems, are only good at being an average soccer team. They are playing a team that- by all accounts- has been dominating opposition. One team sits with 9, the other with 3...after only 3 games! Happy w/ a fcuking draw? To keep pace with the top of the table? So, after a draw, one would have 10, the other 4? How would, or should, that suit anyone on the Royals? Anything but a win for these guys should be considered unacceptable, if indeed they are gunning for top-of-the-table status.

Is there another reason why this should be a MOTW? Is there a history between these two clubs?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Arsnel is garbage...much weaker team then last year.. lost a few guys I thought were there strong point.....#7 up front is fast and has the most skill...they play a kick and sprint style...if Lions just mark this guy... a win will be no problem....Lions 3-0.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
arsenal vs lions??????? franchise, what week, game, division and/or league are you talking about???

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose I need to ask - Who on Arsenal has the balls and who has the cooler?

Any wagers about Sunday nights game at me alma motter?
Dewdney to win, the wager 12 cold CANADIAN, any takers?

Given the fact that Arsenal in undefeated I assume they would be happy to take a shot at my beer money. This match actually has MOTW potential as Dewdney is hoping to overtake PM Lions for top spot this week but it is very unlikey that the Nationals can hang with the Lions to hand them their first loss.

Sliver to have, by far, the most technically sound throw in of the night.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
in my eyes its obviouse. Nationals vs Lions sunday night. a win here would tie us with the lions, and even if delta and dewdney win, they would only be two points up on us having played one extra game...er.....20minutes more. that is a position that puts us within striking distance of delta next week and dewdney later on. this game is very important to our season and will show wether or not we can hang with the big boys :rolleyes: . after seeing DMU vs Lions last week, these teams are far from untouchable even if i am sidelined ;) :p :D !!!!!
Nationals steal the pints...uhhh, i mean points on the road 2-0.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
......... but it is very unlikey that the Nationals can hang with the Lions to hand them their first loss.
thanks, but we don't need your motivation.
we've beaten them before with a lesser team than we have now. the ONLY change they've made in 3-4 years is that "Mocha Only" has moved from center back to striker. have some faith and let us help you bored.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
One team sits with 9, the other with 3...

Is there another reason why this should be a MOTW? Is there a history between these two clubs?

Firstly, the Royals have 4 points, not three. Secondly, the Royals are still nursing some early season injuries, so a draw here against a team above them in the table would suit them, IMO. Thirdly, the Royals play the lowly 'Yotes next weekend, which should be a fairly easy 3 points, while the Gunners take on the Titans in a match that could easily see the Gunners drop 3. Thus, this is an important match, IMO, for all those reasons. Finally, there is no other match in the 'A' table between teams even close in the standings, or worth considering on merit either.

~Shaven

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Week 4 MOTW time...

Sunday: Tsawwassen Royals versus Port Moody Gunners:
the park will hurt pm's chances as i belive they are a turf team so royals in a tight one

Sunday: Aldergrove Undivided versus Poco City United: Battle of the undefeated squads in this 'B' table tilt.
non motw of the week aldergrove not as good as their record would indicate poco is experienced and is playing well poco 4-1

Saturday: Five Corners FC versus GEU Tigers:
both teams are used to night games. evenly matched squads home team to take this match 2-1

Sunday: Port Moody Lions versus North Delta Nationals:
if port moody plays motivated they win .if they dont nd to come out on top. key to this match is pm's intensity their at home the home team wins

shaven's choices are all good this week for motw it will be interesting to see the scores one these and the views from the players sunday night on the peoples forum

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Still a stretch- "A" for effort.

Maybe that should be 'E' for excuses. At least when they lose they can go back and quote themselves saying they had no chance.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
in my eyes its obviouse. Nationals vs Lions sunday night. a win here would tie us with the lions, and even if delta and dewdney win, they would only be two points up on us having played one extra game...er.....20minutes more. that is a position that puts us within striking distance of delta next week and dewdney later on. this game is very important to our season and will show wether or not we can hang with the big boys :rolleyes: . after seeing DMU vs Lions last week, these teams are far from untouchable even if i am sidelined ;) :p :D !!!!!
Nationals steal the pints...uhhh, i mean points on the road 2-0.

Well seeing as you guys lost 2-0 or will lose that game 2-0 in due time and I haven't seen you play.... but I experienced first hand the skills of Arsnel I am going with Lions by 3.

I perviously thought Aresnal was playing lions :rolleyes:

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
week two missing ONLY two starters we tied last years 2c champs. since you've played arsenal first hand, then you can vouch that with all our players back we have a good chance at coming back......keep in mind both our starting strikers were away and it was our first game of the season and first in div 2.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
week two missing ONLY two starters we tied last years 2c champs. since you've played arsenal first hand, then you can vouch that with all our players back we have a good chance at coming back......keep in mind both our starting strikers were away and it was our first game of the season and first in div 2.

Very true but 20 minutes after a 90 minute game my money would still be on Aresnal only because there up 2-0.....but I don't understand why some people think Aresnal are a good squad......shocking really we were missing guys and missed numerous chances......I'll admit were not a strong squad but 2 levels above that team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0