Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Nova Scotia

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Kuschy won a Provincial Cup of a different sort last year... The Keith Millar Provincial B Cup

Maybe it's moot because that doesn't qualify teams for Nationals though.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like they all played in the Provincial finals in June, the Columbus old boys lost in the final to some team from the FVSL, not sure what team.

hos

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting about Sal and Sarge.Yes, they are in the club but when Provincial Cup time comes around you are only registered for one team and only allowed to play with one team. As far as I know, they played Provincials with the Master's team. Wonder how they swung this unless they received permission from BC Soccer which could open up a whole can of worms for the Provincials next year. This is why the VMSL has a transfer deadline, after Jan. 15, whatever TEAM you are signed with, you must play with come Cup time.

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
National's are on the "A" form. Sal and Sarge were on "M" forms and Kuschy was on "B" form. It's been okayed by BCSA 3 weeks ago and it simply required a temporary release form.

I'm sure Olav Shagmeister will be a monster at Nationals. GK, brings us back a few more game balls to add to our collection.

Good luck to all the boys at Columbus Clan. And take care of big Lenny. Who's sitting beside him on the plane????? And don't leave big Papa in Halifax while he's getting the beers. History does repeat itself you know.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
National's are on the "A" form. Sal and Sarge were on "M" forms and Kuschy was on "B" form. It's been okayed by BCSA 3 weeks ago and it simply required a temporary release form.

Jungleboy,

Kuschy is currently signed with the Dragons in the Richmond League. I'm assuming he has transferred to Columbus-Clan, and thus is no longer a Dragon for now. Will he be transferring back to the Dragons after his trip to Nova Scotia? If this is the case, Columbus should have also picked up Ninj, Lev and Toddy for the upcoming weekend.

Gilly

jungleboy

Jun 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GK is on our roster since it's winter 2007-2008 now. Nationals are for the 2006-2007 so it's not an issue with us. And with no games during Thanksgiving, he won't miss any of our games. He'll fit in perfectly with his Clansmen roots. His weakness is double Crown neat.

I'm sure No Right Peg will be calling you next year for the Dragons. How does Hawaii Tourney in July just before Nation's Cup sound???

It's hard to pickup more than 3 players and not disrupt the original team. Most likely the roster number is still set in stone between 20-22 and only 18 can dress game day.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GK is on our roster since it's winter 2007-2008 now. Nationals are for the 2006-2007 so it's not an issue with us.

Wasn't GK also on your roster for the 2006/2007 season? Did he not lead the league in missed opportunities from inside the six? And as already mentioned did he not win a Provincial Championship in Chilliwack this past summer? I don't understand how someone that is/was signed with a different team can then play for another team in a National Championship that he had nothing to do with? Regardless, if Kuschy is eligible, he will be a force to be reckoned with. I'm sure Columbus doesn't want a Metro Ford fiasco where Smiley was ruled ineligible, and they were stripped of their silver medals.

I'm sure No Right Peg will be calling you next year for the Dragons. How does Hawaii Tourney in July just before Nation's Cup sound???

I'm packing my tropical dark tanning oil as we speak. When do we leave?:D

Gilly

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There never was a fiasco, Smiley was never ruled ineligible and we were never stripped of our beautiful silver medals. Yes, the issue was brought up but nothing ever came from it.

Still trying to figure out the picking up players thing though. Good on BC Soccer though if they allowed it. Nice to get help as opposed to getting screwed by them.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sal Cuccione, Sarge and Garret Kusch will be great additions to Clanbus looks like a stacked team for nationals

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still trying to figure out the picking up players thing though. Good on BC Soccer though if they allowed it. Nice to get help as opposed to getting screwed by them.

The picking up players thing is a definite help and I appreciate the fact that BC Soccer allows it. The SU women's team last year picked up three of our U-17 Metro players for the Nationals since we lost one regular player to pregnancy and two others to knee injuries. While these 3 players didn't start and I wouldn't classify them as ringers, it totally helped considering it looked like we would have to play 5 games in 6 days with only 13-14 healthy players. We have also picked up two youth players for this year's Nationals to replace those with school commitments and it looks like we will have about 19 bodies this time around - which will be needed with the travel and time change factors.

I don't think it should be an issue if it is within the club and as long as that player has not played in the Senior Provincials. I think once you start picking up players from different areas or clubs, it leads to complaining and debate.

The Kuschy thing is debatable but I think he's a great addition to Columbus and hopefully we can have both BC teams bring back the gold!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sal? I heard him and Cindy were having triplets?

Dude, get your ASS to clarify please :D

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Futbol let's be honest, jeolousy doesn't get you anywhere. you could never lace my boots son! ya plumber. Oh did i hurt your feelings waaaa someone please call the waaaaaambulance. you sound like that midget from Sapperton.

Who's the midget from Sapperton?? Can he score goals??

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

There is no chance any BC team will win this year. As Edmonoton Victoria is back at nationals (which have won 2 of the last 3 years) they will be the favourites. As for Clanbus , i had them scouted today and they lost 2-1 to sapperton and was told they are brutal. So again looks like a Alberta Sweep.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

There is no chance any BC team will win this year. As Edmonoton Victoria is back at nationals (which have won 2 of the last 3 years) they will be the favourites.

Okay Sneddon - whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll meet Edmonton in the final (since we're on different sides of the draw). Believe me, we've being chomping at the bit to play them considering we had one bad game in each of the years they won (ended up playing for third) and we were dying to see how we'd match up against them. But they've got a pretty tough pool so you never know your all-Alberta championship may not happen. ;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson,, SU is going in confident but not cocky. Unlike yourself they aren't predicting or gauranteeing anything about "Gold" out loud.It's a tough tournament that takes alot out of you and they respect the talent they will be facing. I'm hoping for both BC teams to bring back the gold though. Hopefully Nutmegs can continue her streak to score big goals in this tournament!:D

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

AHHGH well maybe a little overly confident is that anything new with me............ps Goodluck but don't tell anyone ...

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Nova Scotia has set up this years nationals properly not like BC last year (disgraceful). They have take a professional attitude and made the venues that way. BC should not host nationals again for a very long time as the small provinces put more effort in and it shows already, and yet we haven't even played a game.

Good luck to the BC teams Hope you get a chance to play a good province ALBERTA

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0