Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Nova Scotia

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson,, SU is going in confident but not cocky. Unlike yourself they aren't predicting or gauranteeing anything about "Gold" out loud.It's a tough tournament that takes alot out of you and they respect the talent they will be facing. I'm hoping for both BC teams to bring back the gold though. Hopefully Nutmegs can continue her streak to score big goals in this tournament!:D

Does Surrey U have any national players for the tournament?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alikira, SU has Randee playing. After the first day it was SU 1-0 over Ontario.SU didn't create too many offensive flairs but as is there usual trait they played sound defensively. Amelie with an early goal 5 minutes in proved to be enough for the win. Columbus plays the host at 8pm tonight.Larssons boy's with a good start to the tournament beating NFLD 4-1. The Newfies had a large cheering squad that went nuts when they scored.You could hear them cheering all the way to Dartmouth!:D

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we have started well but it does take alll 5 games to win the nationals so we are oncourse and cautious well done SU

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-1 Columbus!

1-0 at half on TK's goal. Halifax drew level with a dodgy peno, Scigs scored the winner with 7 left. A well deserved win. Day off tomorrow, on to Manitoba Friday. Great atmoshere at the park.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm my thoughts of the game.............................we will wait to see if they get better. As for Calgary we played well still some things to work out but all in all definately a WELL DESERVED GAME.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree about the atmosphere for the Columbus game. Columbus should have won by about 4 but they had to play against home side officiating plus the 2000 people plus fans cheering the home side on and manipulating the ref's calls. Glad to see the Clan get the winner late in the game.:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You HAVE to win the first to do anything... so well done. At the end of the day whether it's 4-1 or 2-1 doesn't matter at Nationals as long as you win. We won 6-0, 6-0 and then lost 2-1 and had to settle for a bronze so the score is a moot point as long as you keep winning.

Well done Clan-Bus.

Good luck

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with KNVB, great result!

Congrats to the girls as well - wasn't that the team of young'ins?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed with KNVB, great result!

Congrats to the girls as well - wasn't that the team of young'ins?

Yep - that was the team that Alikira seemed to think would give us the most problems and be our toughest. While they were young and didn't really have any weak players, they never had a clear cut scoring chance and we had a good defensive game. The other tough match in our pool (and probably stronger than Ontario) will be Manitoba on Friday.

But on to New Brunswick today!

BTW, larsson - your chances for an all-Alberta National Championship took a serious dip. Edmonton Victoria lost to Quebec 2-1 in their first game and will need some help to reach the final. You never know it could be an all-BC National Championship now!! :D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well both KNVB and Regs are spot on about needing to win, no matter how ugly it is. SU definetely played today against New Brunswick like one of Cinderall's ugly step sister's. SU scored 30 seconds in and was expecting a walk through the park. They pretty much literally did walk through the park for the first half. At Half time coack "K" lit up like an Iraqi suicide bomber and made some changes. Final score was 4-0 with Sara Maglio jamming 2 as she subbed on with half an hour left. Supposedly she didn't want her new born son Ben learning a whole bunch of profanities at 5 months of age in the hotel room tonight!:eek: Ontario did a big favour for the girls by beating Manitoba 2-1 earlier today. A win tomorrow over Manitoba assures the girls a spot in the final.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like mighty Alberta tied the bottom seed New Brunswick. I guess they'll have to beat Quebec tomorrow if they want any chance of playing for Gold.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
on men side, why quebec vs newfoundland need to be replayed on saturday?

alberta could be left out of the gold game if they lose to quebec in the tomorrow. Clan-bus looking good with all teams in there group having a lost already.

kuschy played center back and got no cards????? ref must be german

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm what to say..............................hard to play against 10 defenders but then again we should have scored atleast one of our 8 chances. Tomorrow a big game should be up for it. Prediction BC ...........ah just kidding, going to be a little quiet for a day or two. Time to roll up the leaves and get down to business.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would Nationals be like if there wasn't some kind of protest? It happened today in the men's side. Quebec had a striker taken down by the keeper in the 18 but still managed to get the shot off before the ball went into Newfoundland's net the ref blew his whistle for a pk. Then after the ball went in he changed his mind and awarded a goal claiming he gave advantage to Quebec. After the game Nfld stormed the ref, the ref claimed he did them a favour as they would have recieved a red card plus had a pk against them and finished the game a man down. Nfld said that who's to say QC would have scored on their pk and that the ref had blown his whistle before the ball went in. The committie here has sided with Nfld so now the game will be replayed on saturday which was supposed to be QC's day off. Nfld has to play 2 games that day first against New Brunswick then after against QC. Aside from this crazy fiasco the tournament has been well organized with lots of press coverage in the paper's and good fan support especially when the host province is playing in games and that's for both men and women's. It put's last year's tournament hosted by BC to shame. Oh well I can't complain as I've been working on my suntan here, and if I was back home I heard I would be fishing in my backyard with all the rain there!:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU played there best game of the tournament so far and tied 0-0 with Manitoba. Manitoba is alot like Coquitlam in terms of strong strikers and good fire power only difference is there defense is alot better than Coquitlam's. Manitoba needed to win today as Ontario beat them testerday 2-1. Just so people know before they TTP on me about MB's firepower they had scored 5 there first game but got shut down by a very young and strong Ontario team. A win tomorrow over saskatchewan put's the BC's girls in the finals for the second straight year. Anyways time to go lather on the sunscreen and watch Columbus go and keep the dream alive or is it "Don't stop believing";)

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
alberta beats the french 2-0. NB needs to pretty much run the table to steal the final spot from alberta. NB playing PEI now

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
NB beats PEI 3-1. If NB beats Quebec in the replay by more than 2, they can finish first. NB tied Alberta so it's probably be settled by goal difference.

good luck to eggy and the boys. game should be starting soon.

was that harry birdie watching on the sideline?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 vs Sask.

Horrible game to play in. We could play for another 180 minutes and wouldnt score a goal.

Many missed chances. Sask was very happy with the point.

On to Ontario tomorrow.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU played there best game of the tournament so far and tied 0-0 with Manitoba. Manitoba is alot like Coquitlam in terms of strong strikers and good fire power only difference is there defense is alot better than Coquitlam's. Manitoba needed to win today as Ontario beat them testerday 2-1. Just so people know before they TTP on me about MB's firepower they had scored 5 there first game but got shut down by a very young and strong Ontario team. A win tomorrow over saskatchewan put's the BC's girls in the finals for the second straight year. Anyways time to go lather on the sunscreen and watch Columbus go and keep the dream alive or is it "Don't stop believing";)

Was that the same Ontario team who have only given up 1 goal all year? Oh yes, it is.

Can Ontario still make it or are they out now?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0