Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nations Cup 2007?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am disappointed that we lost, and thought we deserved better. But, as I told my old friend Frank after the game, this was a quite enjoyable match ( I cannot believe I just said that), based on the quality of play and the classic clash of styles, and the respect that both teams had for eachother, with many friends involved.

But, as Jua would say...F. U.

Good luck to Italia. May you win one of your next two games. :)

P.S. I think Ireland defeated China.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the over 30s Div today, I know that Italy and Ireland tied 0-0. I know that Scotland defeated China 2-0, with Reedie and Besty scoring and with Scotland finishing with 9 players after two straight reds in the last 5 minutes.

I believe that England lost, and I do not know what happened between Greece and Germany, other than the latter tried to invade and conquer the former or something in the 1940s...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the over 30s Div today, I know that Italy and Ireland tied 0-0. I know that Scotland defeated China 2-0, with Reedie and Besty scoring and with Scotland finishing with 9 players after two straight reds in the last 5 minutes.

I believe that England lost, and I do not know what happened between Greece and Germany, other than the latter tried to invade and conquer the former or something in the 1940s...

Yes. However the Greek resistance was much stronger in the 40's. Greece lost 3-1. A collision of Herculean magnitude bewteen our keeper and Andy Meyer leaves the keeper duties in doubt for tomorrow. Looking forward to running aimlessly and chasing another ethnicity tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland O38s 2 Canada 1

A draw or a win against Scotland and we're through......very difficult but we'll see what we can do..........

get your tits out for the lads...........:)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 Carib 1

We move on to semi's against Group 2 winner (I think that's the Portugal/Scotland group).

Just got word:

Open Semi's
Croatia vs Portugal
England vs Italy

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
England O 30s results:
- tie Germany 0-0... good solid game... with lots of chances but no finish.
- loss to India 2-1... i will leave comments on their 2nd goal to others... otherwise a good game. Tie would have been a fair result.
- tie Greece 1-1... in a mean-nothing game we played like it meant nothing.

Thanks to Kenno for organizing our side! Well done.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open Semi's

Croatia 1 Portugal 0
Italy 1 England 1 (Italy wins 5:4 on PK's)

Open Final's

Italy 2 Croatia 1

We had a crap load of chances but couldn't put it away. Luca came up with a couple of big saves. They were up 1 at the half. We tied 10 mins into the 2nd. Ital's 2nd goal with 5 mins left.

Tough loss for us, especially with so many chances. But it was our first time in the finals, a great learning experience and can't wait for the season to start!!! Congrats to all the winners!!!

Other Notes: Golden Boot - J. Sulentic, Best Defender - T.Gaita (I think it went to him), MVP - D. Xausa (didn't play in final).

Good Weekend with Crappy weather.... till next year...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another great weekend......congrats to the boys who put the tournament on......Nice to see a lot people we rarely see during the year again......Ireland drew with Scotland in the Over 38s......a very tough game.....but we battle hard. We were beaten 4 - 0 in the final by China but to be honest, the score was misleading.......whatever. Well done to China.

Congrats to all the winners and I have to be honest, Croatia deserved to beat Italy in the final and there was certainly some controversy with Italy's second goal. :confused:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ITALIA!!!

NATIONS CUP CHAMPIONS!!
and deserved it!!

Over 30's NATION CUP CHAMPIONS!!!
also...

INTER (Italian Club) VMSL League Champs
Columbus (Italian Club) Imperial Cup Champs
Columbus (Italian Club) Provincial Champions

A.C.Milan (Italian Club) Champions League Champions!!

ITALIA!! WORLD CHAMPIONS (July.9th, 2006) how can we forget!!

Honestly and really!!

LION:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who won the Over45s and womens divisions?

For those that played, how was the turf? How was the beer gardens?

Any signed napkins to be heard of? :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

The other half of the o38 draw:

Turf was tough, especially on us old Deutsch farts. Played our first game there on Saturday and lost 3-2 to Ingerland in a heartbreaker (we were up 2-1). Second game on the grass in front of the beer garden saw us get outrun by the Chinese gazelles 2-0.

Sunday we invaded Poland again and came away with a 7-2 clobbering of the guys in the Cracovia shirts. Other scores I know were China over everybody else 5-0 and 5-0 and Ingerland over the Poles 2-0. Looks like China did it to Ireland as well in the final. Alikira, what happened to your keeper? Forget to show up?

Got to see Germany v India o30s game (with about 2-300 Indian fans) before ours on Sunday; looked like a good game marred by a bit of rhubarb, and a ref who "completely lost the plot." At least 3 red cards, one to each side and one to one of the fans:rolleyes:. I believe the final was 3-2 for India.

Lots of familiar faces (mostly inebriated). Scariest moment was walking into the can Sunday morning and seeing first an Irish guy in a Muckers shirt and then a guy in a chicken suit. I didn't know they travelled in pairs...:eek:

A better year for team Old Deutsch, but still room to improve. Looks like us holding China to only 2 was more positive than we thought at the time, and we'd definitely like do-overs against Ingerland.

Cheers,

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nations Cup was a good time and very well organized. Nice to play with such good players on Italy over 30's. We could have had ten more quality bodies show up but....Our toughest game though was our first one, Scotland. Too bad we couldn't have played them in the final. Also, saw the Italia Croatia final. Very good game. Congrats to all of the winners.
SCK

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If any of the tournament organizers see this, did any of you see a bike over by turf field number one? :confused: It was left there since Saturday morning and I kind of forgot about it until today. Let me know if you saw anything while cleaning up last night.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0