Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

This season - last season - Well done

I was referring to the last game we played and Peg. only put around 4 shots on goal and the game was much more of an even affair than you wish to remember.

Good luck on Sunday to all 4 teams :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
biggs said:
Sir M

This season - last season - Well done

I was referring to the last game we played and Peg. only put around 4 shots on goal and the game was much more of an even affair than you wish to remember.

Good luck on Sunday to all 4 teams :)
"Around" is the operative word there...I guess everyone has their different perspective on things and ways of counting shots, breakaways, possession etc. Your side had a good year, hopefully you can carry it on deep into the provincials...

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Biggs, we have the same problem against Pegs all the time, except with us we put only 4 shots around the net ;) ...we usually end up with exactly the same result as you lot though, a hand shake and a thanks for coming out! :rolleyes:

lupoman

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Final Result

Pegs 3 v. Norvan 1

Hard earned win by the Peg lads today. Solid lineup for us on the day, with the only problem being who would play between the pipes. Our regular goalie was off on another surfing excursion, our usual backup was at a ringette tourney in Whistler, so Sir M had some decisions to make. Very much like Coach Crow when it comes to picking between Cloutier and Hedberg, Sir M elected to start Pistilli in the nets. Not because of his cat like reflexed, not because of his commanding presence in the box ......... no, because he showed up to the game with the wrong jersey on and was delivering the team goalie gloves. Pistilli played well and handed over the gloves to Acili midway through the first half, when Sir M's brother showed up a little late after snacking on imodium pills all night. He slotted in at the back, which freed Acili to go in net. 0-0 midway through the half when Tommy's first touch of the ball was a long throw-in that made it to the back post and was slotted home by Hillbilly. 1-0 for the good guys. Norvan came back and put on some pressure and equalized on a free kick from about 25 yards out. Gordie Deas cracked one that hit the bar and we all stood around and watched Danny 'Stevie Ray' Vaughn slot it home. Questionable non-call by the Ref created this chance. Apparently the ref we had missed the session on what a hand ball is. On the day, he was not very good for either team, which is surprising as you would think that a Cup Final would call for a quality official. 1-1 at the half. We came out again in the second and took it to Norvan. Finally, with about 20 minutes left, Penz was left alone just outside the 6 yard box and slotted it home. Couple minutes later, Penz turned Eddie Van Halen and came in on goal. He had an option to pull it back to myself, but he made a wise decision and slotted it short side for a 3-1 lead. Norvan had some good quality chances on the day, but Acili played well between the pipes and the bar made a quality save off Gordie Deas in the second half when it was 1-1. Final was 3-1 with Pegs securing its first piece of hardware for 2004.

Both teams battled hard and got stuck in, but in my humble opinion, we out worked them and earned the victory. Well done by the Peg lads.

Hope Gordie Deas is feeling okay today as I learned last night he drove himself to hospital after the game after a collision with Rude in the 2nd half. Apparently he was diagnosed with air between the wall of his lungs and the rib cage. Hopefully nothing serious that will resolve quickly.

Good day for Peg overall as the coolers travelled down the two blocks to Kinsmen for the Imperial Cup. Two cups for Peg on the day. Not a bad way to cap off a beautiful weekend in North Van.

We are reportedly having an Exhibition game vs. Peg premier this weekend, so we are willing to put our cup on the line if Regs is up for putting the Imperial on the table as well.

JAGS :p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are reportedly having an Exhibition game vs. Peg premier this weekend, so we are willing to put our cup on the line if Regs is up for putting the Imperial on the table as well.
Sure, why not since I make all these decisions and won't be there :D

Agreed that it was a very good day for all Peg lads. Congrats on the win!

Cheers,

~Regs.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Sure, why not since I make all these decisions and won't be there :D

Agreed that it was a very good day for all Peg lads. Congrats on the win!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Regs ............ I knew you made all the decisions in the Peg Camp. Davey is just there for the Red Wine and Chico for the BBQ. Great decision to save your defensive abilities until the second half. :D :D Disappointed that the large crowd did not see 'the move' yesterday.

Congrats again on the win.

JAGS

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the story with all this back slapping. The real hero for either Peg team is the "Bro!!!"

The "Bro" saved the game for the premier side.

Interesting game coming up, if it is true. Watch out Pipes, I still owe you one.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
eagles said:
What is the story with all this back slapping. The real hero for either Peg team is the "Bro!!!"

Interesting game coming up, if it is true. Watch out Pipes, I still owe you one.

Eagles ............. have you been sniffing Biggs' glue? :confused: :confused: WTF?

Biggs ........... you still out there? Comments on our game?

JAGS

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
eagles said:

"Bro???"

Word..

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegs/Norvan.......

What a great way to end the season, a warm, sunny spring day and a few matches to pass the time. It was unfortunate that the "B" side match was all but over 10 minutes in with Nordic having a 3-0 lead on the way to a 6-0 final. Congratulations to them on being the first recipiant of the Jim Lowe cup for the B pool winner. The Pegs/Norvan game however was a quality match that could have gone either way early on, Pegasus gave it the gas in the second half to pull off the 3-1 victory, although they were very lucky that the crossbar shot bounced down and out, not down and in....a game of inches on some days. Norvan showed some class by not spending the rest of the game complaining that in their eyes the ball had crossed the line. Unfortunate that the only thing that marred the game was the less than stellar officiating. Not a good showing from the gentleman doing the middle, and only one linesman showing for the second game, well not a good situation for a cup final. Anyway, my spies tell me that there was much celebrating at the QC late into the evening...how were the heads this morning?Looking forward to the provincial matches, good luck to all.

lupoman

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags

Just cleaning the glue off me fingers. :confused: :eek:

Managed to see the second half as previous committments made me miss the first half action. I was dissappointed to not see you score on 2 great second half chances but thouroghly enjoyed the action by both sides. Peg definately carried the play in the second half and deserved the win.

I have to agree - This won't happen too often - but the ref was at best average and one linesman for a final is crap. Congrats on the hardware and your great season. Next year some more slagging but not on this occassion. Great win and good luck in the Prov.'s.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The peg old boys did well!!! Chico deserves more time!!!!!!

Where is pipes????

Great day for Peg, let's make a day in early May even better.

Well done lads!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
eagles said:

Where is pipes????

Well done lads!!!
Eagles,

Chico would have played but he had to head at halftime to cook sausage for you guys at halftime!

And Pipes is saving himself...

Speaking of pipes, we could've used you between them a # of times this year, we played the final on sunday without our 1st four goalkeepers...!

See you in May...

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enought about Chico. Even though he did a dodgy job with the sausage!!!

Pipes, running scared.......

So, what you are saying is that I would be the 5th string with the old boys!!!

Hmmm, let's make that day in May a good one.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
eagles said:

Where is pipes????

Well done lads!!!
Hey Eagles...you are obviously right about Chico. He notched a beauty, in the final minute right in the top drawer to tie it in yesterday's friendly...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For anyone interested, Peg A is playing this Friday night in PoCo in the Provincial Cup at Gates Park (formerly Reeve St Park). To get there go east on Hwy 1, exit onto Lougheed, turn right on Pitt River Road just past Riverview Hospital,and left on Reeve, the park is immediately north of Riverside High School. 0800 PM kickoff.

PS Anyover 30 types interested in playing with the Peg Old Boys side this weekend in Squamish tourney, let me know here...especially goalkeeper or strikers, we are the walking wounded after last week's game...and I will reply tomorrow AM...

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may be available for a game or two as the JimBeam Team didnt put up the entry fee in time and were given the boot. Let me know.

Bonefish

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squamish Tourney.......

Great. We might end up drawing you guys up there. I'm predicting a big Lupo upset if it happens :rolleyes:.See you up there, buy you a pint or two.

lupoman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0