Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
my two cents worth......

The league rule is that when a team wishes to postpone a game, they must first get the agreement of the other team. If the other manager agrees, the game is put off to a later date. If it is a short notice postponement , the other team can take the the default points or make the postponing team play. All this means is that in your teams case, your manager agreed to have these games put off, it is his choice. There were a few cases this year that the exec imposed a short notice postponement, that having more to do with keeping some of the weaker teams out of long term numbers trouble. As of November, it is back the way it has always been, the opposition manager must agree to the postponement.

lupoman

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: my two cents worth......

Lupoman said:
The league rule is that when a team wishes to postpone a game, they must first get the agreement of the other team. If the other manager agrees, the game is put off to a later date. If it is a short notice postponement , the other team can take the the default points or make the postponing team play. All this means is that in your teams case, your manager agreed to have these games put off, it is his choice. There were a few cases this year that the exec imposed a short notice postponement, that having more to do with keeping some of the weaker teams out of long term numbers trouble. As of November, it is back the way it has always been, the opposition manager must agree to the postponement.

lupoman
Bernie & Lupoman,

Thanks for clarifying the league rule for me Lupoman. If this is what is in the leagues constitution so be it however it doesn't mean that I have to like it only that we have to live with it. Based on this I will happily retract my comment to Bernie about getting his head out his ****ing arse. He obviously is bound by what rules are in place. You surely must also understand that if you leave it to the opposing team to decide to play or default that the decision will be to reschedule as to not look like the "Bad Guys." I also indicated in my previous post that our league seems to have rules found in no other because I am personally not aware of any other league that allows the possibility to reschedule based on shortage of players. Weddings, funerals, etc. sure. Maybe I'm wrong !! I also don't recall saying that you were not doing a good job or that I could do better. My opinions are just that and feel that I am entitled to them in this forum. As far as my bark being worse than my bite I am more than willing to express how I feel about certain issues whether it be in a league meeting, face to face, or on take the piss. I am not remotely interested in your position and you may get my vote again however don't get your back up if I question a few issues out of a ton that you probably encounter each season. As president of our league as classless as you may have felt my post was you should try to represent our league by responding with some class yourself instead of trying to engage in a pissing match !!

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: my two cents worth......

pipes said:
Bernie & Lupoman,

Thanks for clarifying the league rule for me Lupoman. If this is what is in the leagues constitution so be it however it doesn't mean that I have to like it only that we have to live with it. Based on this I will happily retract my comment to Bernie about getting his head out his ****ing arse. He obviously is bound by what rules are in place. You surely must also understand that if you leave it to the opposing team to decide to play or default that the decision will be to reschedule as to not look like the "Bad Guys." I also indicated in my previous post that our league seems to have rules found in no other because I am personally not aware of any other league that allows the possibility to reschedule based on shortage of players. Weddings, funerals, etc. sure. Maybe I'm wrong !! I also don't recall saying that you were not doing a good job or that I could do better. My opinions are just that and feel that I am entitled to them in this forum. As far as my bark being worse than my bite I am more than willing to express how I feel about certain issues whether it be in a league meeting, face to face, or on take the piss. I am not remotely interested in your position and you may get my vote again however don't get your back up if I question a few issues out of a ton that you probably encounter each season. As president of our league as classless as you may have felt my post was you should try to represent our league by responding with some class yourself instead of trying to engage in a pissing match !!

Pipes
Peg/oldboy forever

This is TTP isn't it? :rolleyes:

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the mess we are in.....

this season has been like no other for the NSCL. We are at a turning point for this league, and I think, therfore, we have allowed greater latitude for some teams, ie postponing for not enough players,for the stability of the league. It is no secret that a couple of the teams in this league are in trouble. We have tried to give them as much consideration as possible. I will say this... I also think that a few other teams have taken advantage of this consideration and said that they cannot field a team when in fact they could field a team but it's not their "best" team. Follow? This is a "gentlemans" league, in that if a manager states that he cannot field a team for a game, and if it is not too short of notice, then we will do what we can to re-schedule that game. If this policy is not to the liking of the league then perhaps we can put a rule in place which discourages postponements, it's your league, you make the call. But, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

lupoman

NSCLtakesanyhelpfulsuggestionseriously

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
Has Pipes been holding his farts in again?!?

Hey Mickster,

Can always count on you to lighten the mood. Glad your are back to humour me once again. I was hoping you were going to go on about how good you are and how your team is going to tear up the NSCL and all that other great material you had before. Come on buddy I know you have it in you. Just start hitting those keys. Maybe you can start off by telling me about all those ties you have with those bad Div.2 teams and then head into why you are still a middle of the road division two team. We still need to hook up and play a friendly one night or weekend so you can end your post with all the reasons we may not be able to make this happen !!

Pipes
Peg Old/boy forever

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Pipes, you know I'd love a game. Give me a chance to beat you on the scoresheet as well as in any physical matchup. It would be best if we could get both teams out in full. Maybe Bernie has an open field midweek sometime or we can wait to play during the break between winter / summer league. In the meantime keep practicing Pipes....you'll need it!!! Don't you just love a big mouth from an average div 2 team?!?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that Pipes has...err...um...Cleared his pipes of flatulence or whatever, I guess it is a good time to get him fired back up...

Pipes, don't you know at your ripe age that 6 or 7 columns of numbers does not always tell the full tale of a team?? I am not saying that the current JimBeam squad would be a Div1 heavyweight as we would probably occupy the lower echelons of that division. But, on any given sunday we would give some Div1 teams a run for their money.

Sorry for hijacking your tete a tete with my compatriat Beamer but he appears to be all by himself on this thread.

-BonesThuggeryAndJimBeam-

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster and Boner.

As a matter of fact, we currently have room for another team, you could join the league, starting in the summer season. Then we will see wether you can compete, I think you would be in for a surprise!

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the offer Cside but only Bones, myself and about 6 others would qualify in the over 35's category. Lots just turned the big 30 and then we have some babes on the team too. I think we'll probably stick to Sportsmans for at least another year. Thanks again for the offer. I'm sure I'll get a run in with either Norvan or Seymour again this summer and hopefully it will be against either Coveside or Peg.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster,

Do you think the NSSL under 35's will miss us or do we need another year for some of our young un's to mature enough to be able to "compete". I actually have some TTP Chub right now just thinking about stepping up.. :D

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
cside,

What's the league entry fee?

~Regs.

Unfortunatley Regs, it's way too f...... much, as we use turf fields only in the summer. It's about $900 per team, winter is $1600.

We haven't been an affiliated Summer league for quite some time now, but may have to this Summer, which would add about $250 a team!
Do you have an interested group?

Regs,
Also we should chat about Covesides upcoming Euro 04 pool!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it strictly over-35's or can over-30's play as well?

I'll be in touch regarding the pool very soon!

Cheers,

~Regs.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Chub..... Bones, I'm sure that comment will give everyone who reads it a scare.

Cside, ouch, those turf parks are expensive aren't they!! But sure nice to play on!!

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Is it strictly over-35's or can over-30's play as well?

I'll be in touch regarding the pool very soon!

Cheers,

~Regs.
Technically we are 0ver 35, but we do let teams carry a limited number of over 30's, obviously they don't qualify for provincial play!

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NSCL 2004/2005

Cside17, Lupoman,
How is the north shore residency issue playing out? How are all the teams managing?

hedKandi

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSide,

Although the league fees might be high compared to other leagues, it is WELL worth the money. We're not a bunch of 19 year olds working retail - we should be able to afford the extra cost to enjoy the benefits we get.

The turf is great to play on and we rarely see a cancellation (other than teams jamming out as Pipes has already posted).

PS - the officials this year have been outstanding (except for a couple) - a huge improvement over last year.

pipes

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: NSCL 2004/2005

hedkandi said:
Cside17, Lupoman,
How is the north shore residency issue playing out? How are all the teams managing?

hedKandi

Hey Mickster and Bonefish,

Good that your jumping in to help your buddy mickster. He needs it. I have been setting you guys up to defend yourselves and neither of you have done so. You should have mentioned that your squad is 4-0 since december and are 16-3 in goals for/against which included a 5-2 spanking of 2nd place sarajevo. Even though you sit middle of the pack you are only a game out of 2nd spot. In case we do tee up a friendly the Peg Old/Boys want to be able to say that we beat a hot top of the table 2nd division team. Has a better feel to it and should add to the walk up attendance !!

Pipes
Peg Old/Boy forever

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pipes, I'm impressed, been doing some homework have we. Yeah we've had a good run recently and we're hopeful it continues during our cup play. Who knows you might even be able to say you beat the div 2 cup champs!! How is your league going anyway, been awhile since I've checked the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0