Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pet Peeves on the Pitch

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sensei_hanson said:
Boots with the laces covered (making it look like you're playing soccer in clogs).

Headbands.

Sock tape that isn't black or white. Incorporating colored electrician's tape to match your uniform is a sign of the devil, or that you're watching too much Life Network programming.

Fcuking mittens. The worst is when a guy is wearing a short-sleeved jersey and those little black mitts. You look like a goddamn figure skater. NB: the likelihood of losing a finger to frostbite in Vancouver is pretty slim, Boitano. Lose the gloves.
I fully agree on every one of those except the matching tape colour! Also and along the same lines as the head band is shoe laces around the noggin. Fcuking ridicules. Almost and very close second to my biggest pet peeve ever is the Henry Hoofters who pull their socks over their knees. Ronaldo is a homo and so are you if you do it.

Matching tape isn't a sign of the devil at all, it's a sign of intelligence, coordination, sophistication, virility and that your missus has knicked the clicker and won’t turn the trading spaces marathon off. Bitch.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
boots with the laces covered well the adidas F50's are probably the best boots on the market right now. High socks are fine if you can pull it off. I agree in most cases they look ridiculous

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
jaco said:
What about someone who is spitting all the time on the pitch.

Especially the chicks in co-ed who do this. Nutmegs also has a habit of clearing her nostrils. One time it got all over my blue sock tape and would have been all over my thighs had I not been wearing my tights under my shorts.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
boots with the laces covered well the adidas F50's are probably the best boots on the market right now. High socks are fine if you can pull it off. I agree in most cases they look ridiculous

And we all know that Bulljive can pull the high socks off. :D Seriously, how much do those boots cost, Bulljive? F50s? I never pay more than $50 for a pair of boots because I just don't look after them well enough. On top of that, boots don't make a player. ;)

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain speaks the truth. You should see the ditch out front of his castle, completely littered with all sorts of 50 dollar boots ;)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
And we all know that Bulljive can pull the high socks off. :D Seriously, how much do those boots cost, Bulljive? F50s? I never pay more than $50 for a pair of boots because I just don't look after them well enough. On top of that, boots don't make a player. ;)

I actually don't do the high sock thing or pop my collars but I do wear nice boots. It's not like playing soccer is expensive so a nice pair of boots is worth it to me. It's not about boots making the player it's about comfort, better leather and a more quality fit. How many top players wear 50 dollar cleats, not saying I am a top player but their is a reason for it they are flat out better. I mean playing Co-ed soccer or whatever the fukc you play I agree who cares.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I mean playing Co-ed soccer or whatever the fukc you play I agree who cares.

Actually, I currently play in the Fraser Valley Premier Summer League. That is a BIG step over coed, so you're talking to the wrong guy buddy. In fact, you can come out and watch my $30 boots(I bought two pairs last year for this price) in action. Me thinks they would take your $200 boots to school. But then again, you are Bulljive, a division two/one Valley player.

To stay on topic...

Guys who wear $250 boots and they are .25 cent players.......

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on,
Bulljive has to be at least a .fiddycent player.

On topic,
Keepers who go out of there way to run into an opposing player to draw a foul.
And the refs who call it.

PS: If you are wearing $250 cleats then you should be playing baseball, or in your case softball, not soccer.

jaco

Jun 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
To stay on topic...

I bought my $99 boots on sale for $65 last week. I still play at the .25 cent level though -- but wait till September!! I'm increasing by a twoonie weekly!!!

but to stay on topic - goalies who feel like they have to stop all my shots..

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pet peeves? How about when a player brings his dog to the match only to have it yip all game long while he yells at it to be quiet all game long. For example, "bark bark bark bark bark bark" followed by "Guinness, shut up!!" then "bark bark bark bark bark bark bark" and "Guinness shut the fcuk up!!". Just ask Vinnie how much he enjoys this scenario.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
how 'bout people who bring dogs to the pitch, don't have them leashed, then they run onto the pitch stopping the match for 5 minutes.
even worse though is when it happens a second time!!
oh yeah, dog shite on the pitch as well!!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you were involved walls chaces are there was all ready enough shite on the pitch that you needn't worry about the dogs...

On Topic: When Guinness brings his dog to the pitch.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Actually, I currently play in the Fraser Valley Premier Summer League. That is a BIG step over coed, so you're talking to the wrong guy buddy. In fact, you can come out and watch my $30 boots(I bought two pairs last year for this price) in action. Me thinks they would take your $200 boots to school. But then again, you are Bulljive, a division two/one Valley player.

To stay on topic...

Premier summer league congrats, fraservalley summer soccer top notch stuff .whats the big deal about wearing nice boots some people can afford them. but I guess when you are spending your excess money on buying young girls teddy bears 30 dollar boots are much more appropriate. me thinks I wouldn't even let you shine my 250 dollar shoes. Now before the rest of your pod tells me what type of a legend you used to be I don't want to fukcing here about it. Pet peeves TTP'ers who talk about how good they or other ttp'ers used to be nobody gives a fukc.

jaco

Jun 27, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
how 'bout people who bring dogs to the pitch, don't have them leashed, then they run onto the pitch stopping the match for 5 minutes.
even worse though is when it happens a second time!!

Are we still talking co-ed here? Seems a little harsh, if they can play, let them..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pet peeves TTP'ers who talk about how good they or other ttp'ers used to be nobody gives a fukc.

I think your pea-sized brain is functioning to capacity here. We're actually just saying how bad you are, not saying how good or average we are in some cases. In my case, very average..... So to clarify, we all think you're rubbish, and that is why we wouldn't invite you out to the Muckers Fraser Valley Premier Summer League. It's the second best league I've ever played in behind the Richmond Premier League. Seriously.

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players who tuck the bottom of their track pants into the top of their soccer socks, for pre-game or practice. You all know who you are.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0