Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2004 -2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LONDON, March 10 (Reuters) - Manchester City manager Kevin Keegan has left the Premier League club, BBC Radio reported on Thursday.

I heard O'Neill the man they are after. I am sure he would leave Celtic so he can go to the Blues. :rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mon is not amused.

O'Neill blasts Man City job links

I have been asked whether I will be leaving this football club every single day since I have been here and I'm still here

Martin O'Neill
Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has said he is not interested in the Manchester City job - and blasted the media for linking him with the post.
O'Neill was installed as one of the favourites to succeed Kevin Keegan after the ex-England boss left City.

But O'Neill said: "You are talking to the longest-serving manager in the SPL.

"Why would you ask me about this job at this stage of the season when you know we have some important games coming up?"

O'Neill, who took charge at Celtic Park in June 2000, has always been plagued with speculation linking him with clubs in the English Premiership.

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
steve1234 said:
I have been asked whether I will be leaving this football club every single day since I have been here and I'm still here

At least if he went to the City of Manchester Stadium he might be able to leave on occasion and see his friends and family. What commitment. Plus, in Manchester he wouldn't be surrounded by Masons and Orangemen guarding the exits to the ground.

And even Neil Lennon might make the City first side with a bit of luck and some crippling injuries to ten first-choice players.

terrytoo

Jan 26, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone who can read idiot translate poor old Countdown's latest feeble attempt at a pisstake? Keeper? Blazhay? Bulljive? Any of the other complete morons?

Masons + "my crew" + a Jewish gravesite.

What a corker.

Inpenetrable and unfunny, in keeping with the TTP tradition. Spend more time searching for pictures, Coutdown. While nothing you post is ever funny or intelligible (or even lucid), if you're searching for pictures it means you're not posting very odd things here. You owe it to humanity.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see 'The Beast' leaving his mark at Newcastle. Fcuking hilarious. I thought this only happened at the Richmond United practices/games. ;)

Dyer & Bowyer in amazing punch-up

Report: Newcastle 0-3 Aston Villa
Newcastle pair Kieron Dyer and Lee Bowyer were sent off in disgrace for fighting during their side's 3-0 home defeat against Aston Villa.
Dyer and Bowyer exchanged blows in the middle of the Newcastle half three minutes after Villa had gone 3-0 up.

The duo had to be separated by Villa goalscorer Gareth Barry and several of their team-mates, though not before Bowyer's shirt had been ripped.

Both will miss the FA Cup semi-final against Manchester United on 17 April. :D

The fight was an absolute disgrace - I would be quite happy if they never played for us again

From Emma C
Have your say on 606

Barry, who scored two penalties to seal Villa's victory, admitted he was stunned to see Bowyer and Dyer brawling on the pitch.

"You don't want to see that happen on the pitch, it's only right to try and break it up," said Barry.

"I've never seen it in a game I've been involved in, there was obviously a lot of frustration boiling over.

"If you look at the two players involved they just want to do everything to win the game. Both players lost their head and it's unfortunate but I'm sure they regret it."

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap if we drank more alcohol that could have been us last night at the dinner and we could start our own thread up. Are you gonna live up to your offer of playing goal in the summer? Nice bird by the way ;)

On topic, I see your reds were able to contain Stelios Giannakopoulos, pronounced Yiannakopoulos, and scraped by with a 1-0 win on a goal by Biscan of all people. How in the hell did this team beat Olympiakos to advance and worse of all is in a position to finish fourth. Rubbish for a football team that is supposed to be one of England's best.

P.S. Go Everton :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course I'll play goal, someone's gotta top Kenny's antics. I will be coming up for all free kicks, corner kicks and throw ins and I will get a dog that doesn't stop barking for 90 minutes straight.

As for the Reds, that was a great result for a team with so many injuries. You may have noticed Gerrard playing center forward, Welsh (who is barely nineteen) playing in the midfield with Biscan and Carson in goal. As for Olympiakos, Liverpool beat them by scoring more goals over two legs. Simple, really.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV is showing the UEFA encounter Live between Sporting Lisbon and Newcastle Utd at 11:30am Thursday....PCOV is located at 1144 Commercial Drive

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a free event for TTPers?

I couldn't find any reference to it on the WCOT website? How come?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunderland 2 Leicester 1

Sunderland won promotion to the Premiership after they beat Leicester at The Stadium of Light.
Mick McCarthy's side came from a goal down after Alan Maybury put the Foxes ahead after five minutes.

Marcus Stewart and Steven Caldwell scored the crucial goals to clinch the Black Cats' return to the top flight.

Ipswich's failure to win at Leeds means they cannot catch Sunderland, with the news sparking wild scenes of celebration among the home fans.

It was an enthralling contest from the start with Stewart passing up the chance to put Sunderland ahead with just 57 seconds on the clock, firing a close-range effort just wide.

Leicester spent the early exchanges camped in their own half but took the lead with their first attack.

From inside his own half, Foxes skipper Danny Tiatto guided a pass through to left-back Maybury, who held off Stephen Wright and tucked the ball inside debutant goalkeeper Ben Alnwick's far post.

The visitors were looking to extend their lead and 18-year-old Alnwick had to show his potential with two fine saves to keep out David Connolly's effort and a Mark de Vries strike.

The action continued at break-neck speed, with a Stewart cross rolling across the six-yard box, Lawrence rifling a shot just wide and even Wright testing Foxes goalkeeper Ian Walker.

In the 23rd minute, the Black Cats were level. Wright knocked the ball up to Chris Brown, who guided the ball inside the full-back for Stewart to fire past Walker for his 17th of the campaign.

The start of the second half was not quite as energetic but that changed when Walker showed good reflexes to get a hand to Brown's header from Dean Whitehead's cross.

The home side's frustrations boiled over when Dion Dublin fouled Brown in front of the managers' dug-outs.

Brown was furious and after going head-to-head with Dublin, had to be dragged away by his manager before both players were booked.

But Sunderland's patience finally paid off just before the hour, when Lawrence's corner was headed in by Black Cats defender Caldwell to spark raucous celebrations.

Sunderland's return to the Premiership ends a two-year exile from the division.

Interesting to see what kind of signings they make between now and when they come out here to play the 'Caps this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0