Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2007-2008

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddie Ljunberg just signed for West Ham for £3m.

With signing the likes of Parker and Bellamy recently, the Hammers continue to impress me in the summer market.

With or without Tevez I have a hunch they won't be struggling to avoid relegation this year...

Nicely done Crafty - Things are looking good at Upton Park.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Tevez thing will sort itself out. I would bet that he is going to the Red Devils.

I see that FIFA is now involved.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess Sepp Blatter couldn't be fussed as he's probably vacationing in the South of France (like any good German would ;) ).

The matter has been passed along by FIFA to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. With any luck, Tevez should be in a United uniform by this time, 2010 :rolleyes:

More United news because I know Dapotayto wants to be kept in the loop :

a) Ryan Giggs is 43 games away from matching Sir Bobby Charlton's club best of 759.

b) Paul Scholes has picked up a knee injury on United's far east pre-season tour and could be ruled out for a month. He has been sent home and is set to undergo an exploratory operation to find out what damage he's done.

c) Owen Hargreaves hasn't played during the tour as he has tendonitis in his right knee.

d) Liverpool & United are in a tug of war with Gabriel Heinze at the moment. Heinze has been given the green light as far as a transfer goes but Fergie doesn't want to sell him to one of his major Premiership rivals.

Key Dates in August :

Community Shield @ Wembley : United vs. Chelsea - August 5, 2007
Premiership Opening Day : August 11, 2007

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see Tevez' agent has now initiated a court proceeding against West Ham, that should speed things up.

I haven't seen this much drama over a transfer since Andy Meyer left Surrey Rangers.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More United news because I know Dapotayto wants to be kept in the loop :

Liverpool & United are in a tug of war with Gabriel Heinze at the moment. Heinze has been given the green light as far as a transfer goes but Fergie doesn't want to sell him to one of his major Premiership rivals.

I hear Fergie is steaming mad at the possibility of Heinze joining Liverpool. I get the feeling the majority of Pool fans would welcome Heinze's signing but are actually happier about pissing off Ferguson more than anything.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, I will be back in a few hours with some real news. Pictures of Liverpool's new stadium! They are being released at 11am Liverpool time and as I'm working all night (yay!:rolleyes: ) I will be able to post them before I leave. Walks, you're going to shite yourself when you see how shabby the new Anfield will make Old Trafford look. Seriously, get a new pair of underwear handy.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Do they have the landy for it yet? Was the city going to tlet them build in Stanley Park?

But more to the point does anyone think Fernando Torres can put up numbers in the prem? Sounds like all his goals last year were in blow outs (4th goal of 5, and the such).

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Derby County are back up :D :D :D yeah yeah all be it for one season. I don't give a shnikes come on you mighty Rams!!!!!!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's now official! :D

Tevez completes move to Manchester United

LONDON, Aug 10 (Reuters) - Argentine striker Carlos Tevez completed his move to Manchester United on Friday, the Premier League champions said.
"Manchester United is delighted to announce that Carlos Tevez has been registered as a member of its first-team squad by the Premier League," United said in a statement.

A Premier League spokesman confirmed the registration.

Last week West Ham released Tevez's registration following a deal with his agent Kia Joorabchian, who reached a two million pounds ($4.05 million) settlement with the London club to end a long transfer saga which centred on who owned the striker.

Tevez, 23, is available for Sunday's league season-opener against Reading but manager Alex Ferguson said he would more likely to feature against Manchester City on Aug. 19.

Tevez, who scored the winner for West Ham at Old Trafford on the final day of last season, has already impressed Ferguson in training.

"Carlos surprised us in the training sessions last week," he said. "After the Copa America, and with only a short holiday, I thought he might need more training. But he did very well and looked in great shape."

"He's likely to be involved the following week against Manchester City. But it's difficult to assess what part he'll play because if you put somebody into a derby game, you have to make sure they're spot on.

"It's not a game in which you get time. It's always frenetic against your local rivals."

Tevez's contract with West Ham had long been a source of controversy.
The east London club avoided a points deduction but were fined 5.5 million pounds in April for breaking Premier League rules which outlaw third-party ownership when they signed Tevez last August.

They were only allowed to continue playing him after satisfying the Premier League that the third-party agreement with Joorabchian had been torn up.

Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani, and now Tevez! I'm as giddy as little school girl! :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate Utd, But they should, On paper anyways, hammer the competition this year.

Did anyone see the Goal Nani scored against Glentorran on Tuesday!? Wow.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate Utd, But they should, On paper anyways, hammer the competition this year.

Except for the "hate utd" part I disagree completely. United could not have had things go more right for them or be even the slightest bit luckier than last season. Their is not a chance in hell they will get the same bounces this year. They have certainly strengthened but their defence is a weakness and Liverpool and Chelsea (as soon as they as sign Alves to fill their only weak spot) will have added very well to their squads also. In fact, a number of teams (Spurs, West Ham, City) have spent big and will be more capable of taking points off the big teams. I think it will be a very, very competitive season.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I simply think with that punch scoring (Rooney, Ronaldo, Anderson, Nani, et al) they could simply outscore some teams.

Terry won;t be 100% fit for some time yet, and they haven;t signed Alves yet...so Chelsea wil lhave a tough time at the back to start

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love United but I must admit, I agree for the most part with you Dap.

This season will be very difficult and very competitive. Obviously .... United, Chelsea & Liverpool stand out as the big three put the competition right through the table will be fantastic.

United could not have had things go more right for them or be even the slightest bit luckier than last season. Their is not a chance in hell they will get the same bounces this year.

Don't know about that ....... we had our share of injuries last season especially towards the end of the campaign (Ferdinand, Vidic & Neville stand out). It just turned out that Ronaldo was playing on a different planet and the team was able to play for the entire 90 minutes and nick goals in a few games late - eerily similar to what Chelsea did the year before.

Regardless of Liverpool and their abomination of their planned new stadium, this year should be a cracker !!!

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow, Man U already in a must win, three games into the season. To keep up to the top of the table ( Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City) they have to beat the blues at home. Really disappointed Rooney or Ronaldo can't play:)

Ginger, Walks, Animal all together "Come on Sven"

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, I have to admit I'm loving being wrong! Utd off to an 0-0-2 start with Ronny off on a red for a headbutt now! nice work by the little diver...

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, no doubt the best team won the manchester derby this morning.

Here is a list of the top 15 in the EPL;)

1 Manchester City 3 3 0 0 4 0 4 9 9
2 Chelsea 3 2 1 0 6 4 2 7 7
3 Wigan Athletic 3 2 0 1 5 2 3 6 6
4 Everton 3 2 0 1 5 3 2 6 6
5 Portsmouth 3 1 2 0 6 4 2 5 5
6 Newcastle United 2 1 1 0 3 1 2 4 4
7 Arsenal 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4 4
8 Blackburn Rovers 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4 4
9 Liverpool 2 1 1 0 3 2 1 4 4
10 Reading 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4 4
11 Sunderland 3 1 1 1 3 5 -2 4 4
12 Tottenham Hotspur 3 1 0 2 5 4 1 3 3
13 Fulham 3 1 0 2 4 5 -1 3 3
14 Middlesbrough 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3 3
15 West Ham United 2 1 0 1 1 2 -1 3 3

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me ......... great start :rolleyes:

How on earth do you dominate 2 of 3 games and not bury teams like Reading or City ?? Brutal ........ on a positive note though, Hargreaves looked fantastic and will be a massive addition to the squad. Just have to figure out how to score now though :mad:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must agree with Walks. They have dominated a couple of games and not been able to show anything for it on the scoreboard. I expect that to change fairly quickly but i sure wish they had waited to ship off smith and or Rossi as their lack of fit strikers is killing me watching it. Tevez looked out of sorts the whole game, misfiring and a step out of it. and what the fcuk is up with his fang lke teeth. He looks one step up from Homo- Erectus for God's sake.

No worries yet. Still 35 games to play and on track for a 107 points :rolleyes:

:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0