Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be interesting to see what happens to John Terry now. The precedent is set and National Team Captain or not, he should get at least what Suarez did.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you give someone eight games for something that know one else heard? It's one person's word against another and Evra is a sack of shite anyways so it wouldn't surprise me if he was lieing.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch!
has there been any video that shows it happening? i have yet to see any
i wonder what they were going on...just what Evra told the FA
it is a shocking outcome
i realize there is no room for racism anywhere, let alone on the pitch, but WOW, 8 games!!
i agree with you Walks...John Terry should be sh*tting himself right now

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
He said/She said.

So much for any hope of climbing back into a spot for CL Football next year,

If Suarez appeals, does he get to play in the meantime?!

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do you give someone eight games for something that know one else heard? It's one person's word against another and Evra is a sack of shite anyways so it wouldn't surprise me if he was lieing.

I didn't know you sat in on the hearing at the FA :rolleyes: I'm sure banning him for 8 games & fining him £40,000 it must've been heresay. Fcuk man, if you think it's Evra's word against Suarez's than you need to beat your head against your monitor.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would imagine he can play during the appeal process.

As a staunch LFC supporter, this kid is an incredible talent, and I will support anyone who pulls on the kit on the day but.....

He is a a dick, and needs to grow up, but given past indiscretions, likely won't. I was also stunned when I read the headline an hour ago, and at the end of the day will likely be reduced unless the damning evidence is made public and we all get it. Don't forget he still has to answer to the two finger salute at Fulham a couple weeks back.

Love my team, will support to the bitter end. Just not a big fan of Luis Suarez, the human being. We wonder why kids act out as they do now on the pitch. For the record, cringed every time Diouf took the pitch years ago as well. he was also a dick.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lfc3, agreed. I neither hate nor support LFC, but can appreciate Suarez is one of the best strikers in the world.

however the way he carries himself about on the pitch makes me shake my head. I'm surprised Charlie Adam or Kuyt haven't kicked him in the nuts by now. He's constantly moaning at the ref/opposition/teammates and he's a flagrant diver.

They shoulda saved the money they spent on Carrol and bought a psychologist for Luiz.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't know you sat in on the hearing at the FA :rolleyes: I'm sure banning him for 8 games & fining him £40,000 it must've been heresay. Fcuk man, if you think it's Evra's word against Suarez's than you need to beat your head against your monitor.

They were talking about it after the Blackburn game, the analysts were all saying how there was no proof on what was actually said and its just one word vs another, as there was no witnesses to any racial slurs. Liverpool have 14 days to appeal, and in the meanwhile he can keep playing until the 14 days is up or until the appeal is sorted out. I can't see it ending up at 8 games.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that it's pretty evident that Suarez, as he said in the Uruguayan press and I assume was part of his defense to the FA, that he called him something that in his country isn't considered racist and that he accused Man United players of calling Evra the same thing but didn't understand why it was considered racist when he said it is an admission of fault. Apparently, there is no argument as to a discrepancy in what was said. The intent is.

The statement made by LFC that "he can't be racist because his granddad is black" is very, very poor. Are you kidding me?

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Suarez should get nine games. That would cover all three games we play LFC in January;)

If started now, at the end of the eight games the next fixtures for Liverpool are
MCFC(second leg Carling cup) Wolves, Spurs, MUFC, Everton, Arsenal.

So prolonging this appeal may not be in Liverpools best interest.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no one else on the field – including Evra's own team-mates and all the match officials – heard the alleged conversation between two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner-kick was about to be taken,"

Well, it must've been extremely fcuking loud at Anfield that day if nobody in the entire ground heard anything. Seriously ....... that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. With numerous other players, officials and 25 cameras capturing everything that happens on a football pitch, I'm sure Liverpool are spot on with their assessment :rolleyes:

johnnybluenose said:
Evra should harden the fcuk up.

I'm sure Ashley Young, Emile Heskey, Darren Bent & Theo Walcott should have done the same after monkey chants got aimed at them while playing for England. I know this TTP man but seriously, that is fcuking ignorant.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think IMO if Suarez said something then yes 8 games and 40,000 pounds is a great punishment. However if it was found out the Evra is lying then the punishment should be just as stiff or more severe. There is no room for either of this crap at any level, in any sport.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bottom line is that Suarez admitted to saying a word realting to Evra's skin color. Racism is the topic du jour and its no surprise the penalty is severe. In hindsight, Suarez's honesty was his downfall. Saying that, precedent has been set - it will be very interesting how John Terry is dealt with.

On a side note, Evra is a twat - even though that is no reason for him to be racially abused. He has a dodgy history with limited credibility. He's the same guy who lead the revolt at the World Cup of French players and he's the same guy that got in a dust up with a groundskeeper at Stamford bridge and he also accused him of racial abuse. Maybe he really is a victim in all these cases - but i think he smells AND he plays for the second best team in Manchester and he WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE ;)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if he did say it, Suarez's grandfather is black. After finding out that, i find it more hypocritical than racist. I think a 3 game ban would be enough.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't find how relatives can be an excuse in this case. A racist comment is a racist comment, hypocritical? some may say yes, but still racist . Whether its black to black or black to white and so on, if it has offended an individual then its un acceptable.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, that comment was part TTP part serious.

If what people above is saying is true, then 8 games is outlandish.

If Suarez admits he called Evra something that is:
a) Not considered racist in his homeland;
b) Something he's heard Evra's teammates call him

then why 8 games? Sure he's a nutter but at what point is it okay for one of Evra's teammates to call him Ni**a and he isn't offended but Suarez calls him Ni**er and all of a sudden he's offended? (This is hypothetical situation, and not intended to be a defense for Suarez, but a commentary on the hypocrisy surrounding "racism" and the gamesmanship in sport)

This is more to my point, it's a joke. Evra's only "offended" and it's only "racist" because Evra and Utd stand to gain is LFC loses Suarez for a certain amount of games, as do the other 18 teams in the league that can climb the table with LFC losing their most important offensive (pun-intended) asset.

Does, let's say a hypothetical again, Evra get offended if Ferdinand says to him "Nice tackle Ni**a" Does Rio face an 8 game ban? No because his intent was different, which is exactly what Suarez admitted to. He's said he said whatever he said, but that it's socially acceptable in his homeland, he has a black grandfather (which is neither here nor there) and he hears Utd players calling each other the same word... so they're suspending Suarez because Evra was offended and Suarez doesn't play on the same team as Evra.

is my logic too far off?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0