Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
unbelievable... how do you find, at this time of year and this far past transfer deadline, two guys, NEVERMIND 4 GUYS!, that can slide into a team that good and play in games of this importance, without not being signed to another team already!?

You mean to tell me that these guys haven't played all year!?

12676 HAMED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 11:20 am
12677 RASHED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 13:34 pm
12683 JORDON YIM March 21 2010 8:25 am
12686 ROBERT MAJOR March 26 2010 9:30 am

Riiiiiggghhhtt ;)

Anyone else drinking the kool-aid?

FFS...

I guess these four fellows were all sitting around late one night at the local Guildford mall sipping on a Orange Julious when Cleaps Up said hey I reckin any of u fellows kick a soccer ball before? A silent moan came across we've seen one before...well alrighty then 2 of you can play in the quarters and the other two can suit up for the finals:rolleyes: Don't worry some how though about the rules somehow they different for Knights Cup:rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh yeah and hey fellas the two that showed up for quarter finals make sure you aren't around for semi's:rolleyes:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
unbelievable... how do you find, at this time of year and this far past transfer deadline, two guys, NEVERMIND 4 GUYS!, that can slide into a team that good and play in games of this importance, without not being signed to another team already!?

You mean to tell me that these guys haven't played all year!?

12676 HAMED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 11:20 am
12677 RASHED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 13:34 pm
12683 JORDON YIM March 21 2010 8:25 am
12686 ROBERT MAJOR March 26 2010 9:30 am

Riiiiiggghhhtt ;)

Anyone else drinking the kool-aid?

FFS...

Don't try and call foul just because you suck at recruiting.

I just signed 3 players this week who have not played in any amateur league in Canada this year. They could probably all contribute in our VMSL Cup Semi-Final tonight, but I'm not planning to put them in the game for fear of wrecking team chemistry. If however I was short on players, I would do it without thinking twice. The goal for us really is to have them available for the Provincial B Cup in June as I know a lot of our players will be away since it's scheduled during World Cup.

Of the 3 we signed:
1 is a player we had last year who sat until now with an achilles injury
1 is a returning college player who has been in the USA
1 just arrived from Belgium.

I have 2 other quality players I could have signed, but chose not to. It's really not that difficult.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
This situation is really comical when you look at it. That a team can sign players just before a Final. I mean realistically either team could replace their entire regular season roster just for a final.

But whatever, Guildford United wants the cup and are just playing within the rules here. Cause that's what it states in the BC Soccer Rulebook. Not much the league can do either if that's the rulebook everyone is following.

In terms of finding new players, you would be surprised how many quality players there are out there that aren't signed to any team. For example, Take some of the players that posted "Player Looking..." Ads on TTP. I doubt they signed for anyone this season. So it's not out of the realm possibility here. I mean Mikey C 9 a la PCSL Banter could realistically sign for a Pak Final team, then quit and sign for another team later on. Happens.

On the issue of Burnaby Men's League Players playing in the FVSL, which there are probably a lot. Without proper coordination or some universal ID checkin system, the process of checking for that is quite a task for the league. And many times it's players themselves that don't tell the team they join, they registered with another league. Teams have to take them at their word, cause there is no other way to check.

Anyways, should be a pretty even Presidents Cup final now. My prediction has changed to 50/50.

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone assume these recent signings are going to be playing in the cup final?!

I was signed in case Guildford qualified for provincials, which they have a pretty good chance of doing. Nothing wrong with a team being proactive, I was playing with Guildford last year when I blew my ACL and I supported the team from the sideline this year.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guildford signs a guy who is coming off an torn ACL and that changes your odds to 50/50? Seems reasonable.

If they sign a player that is incapable of playing 90 minutes, and is struggling with a ACL injury than that's the strangest last minute signing i have ever seen. But i'm sure Guildford and this player have assessed his condition and know if he is ready to go.

I still think FVRD is the strong team, but it really depends on the quality of the two players, and what they bring and how they change the team.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that being able to sign players WAY after the deadline is bullsiht! Guildford is a strong team and have been consistent all year! There is no need to be circumventing or bending rules so that they can be even better. The idea of a player deadline is so that you win a cup competition from start to finish with the same team. If you have injuries or players don't step up...too bad. I don't think this is fair whatsover.

That being said, good on Guildford for trying to screw the pooch and getting away with it!

But if I wasn't already cheering for FVRD, then I definately am now!

Whoever it was that wanted a little siht talking because it was too quiet is definately getting it now!

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guilford has been a solid team since the summer time and to be honest, the team I played last week is nearly identical to what I saw last summer time (aside the amazingly skilled black guy in the mid-field who just kicked our ass). If anything, signing players during cup probably hurts the team unless those players have been practicing with the team all year. Your teams chemistry is thrown off and the players are not used to the tema. That being said, I dont think a team should have any new players at all during cup run. Signing a player for league is fine, but the team you start cup games with should be the same team you end your cup games with. But Guilford found a loop hole and they capitalized, but like their boy said, these players are only to holster their bench incase of injuries. I hope they win in the finals as I really enjoy playing them and I love their style of play. They are highly skilled and they work hard, plus they are well coached. All they need is someone to show their striker (ozzy i think) what an offside is...hahah

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone assume these recent signings are going to be playing in the cup final?!

I was signed in case Guildford qualified for provincials, which they have a pretty good chance of doing. Nothing wrong with a team being proactive, I was playing with Guildford last year when I blew my ACL and I supported the team from the sideline this year.

Coaching against them wasn't too supportive. These signings are not going to affect any Cup Final. They just signed to say they were on a possible cup winner and be the best cheerleaders they can be.. Jay#7 is in no condition to play and if he thinks he will be in june he is skiing(snort.snort) with his roomate, time to retire with the rest of us. As for provincials I thought it was the 3 winners of the divs and the cup winner. As FVRD are already qualified being a div winner that means Guildford gets the 4th spot.

onlygoals

Nov 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again i have to come on here to clear things up for you all.

The 2 players that we just signed are not going to play in the cup final at all, perhaps they are both coming back from acl surgery and are not even fit to practice with the team for another few weeks.Both of them have played for guildford united in the past and are good players,they have both shown interest and supported the team all year so i decided to sign them for provincials and thats if they are even ready by then.

Now what is up with everyone accusing us of breaking rules and cheating????from what we are told is that the deadline for player registration is march 30 ....So someone explain to me how we are doing wrong...

All i got to say is that you really need to be a guildford utd member to know how our team works and what this team is all about..see you all april 3 thanks....

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the FVSL web on signing new players.

Section 3 - PLAYERS

3(b) Senior amateur players must be registered with the League registrar/Administrator at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to game time. For PROVINCIAL cup competitions, a player must be registered seven (7) days prior to game day.

so the last two signed for guildford can not play in the final and I hope the other two didn't play in the quarter-finals ( franchise? )

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey duffy, why don't you stick to things you know about? Obviously my health is not one of them...

Well I hope for your sake and your golf games you don't play to soon and reinjure yourself. Once it's ****ed it might happen again. Also wouldn't be to fair if you played in provincials when there have been guys riding the pine all year.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Section 3 - PLAYERS

3(b) Senior amateur players must be registered with the League registrar/Administrator at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to game time. For PROVINCIAL cup competitions, a player must be registered seven (7) days prior to game day.

so the last two signed for guildford can not play in the final and I hope the other two didn't play in the quarter-finals ( franchise? )

Read the thread you dumb shite. Is your name Johnny Comelately??? this is old news.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for provincials I thought it was the 3 winners of the divs and the cup winner. As FVRD are already qualified being a div winner that means Guildford gets the 4th spot.

From what I understand from the website they changed the amount of Provincial spots awarded this year to 3.

1st spot goes to the Pres Cup winner

2nd and 3rd spot goes to the 2 highest point getters in all div. 2 divisions.

So that being said, it looks like no matter who wins the finals, ACBC, Guildford and FVRD will all get the provincial spots.

The only issue is the fact that Port Moody Gunners had less games to play in their division because of fewer teams, so I don't know how that is going to work.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Section 3 - PLAYERS

FVSL Prez Cup is NOT a Provincial cup competition...even if the winner gets a berth into the Provincials its still not a Provincial Cup competition.
A Provincial Cup Competition is the tournament in June Only.

I still think,(dont feel like looking it up) Player registration ends March 30th or something like that..Not Transfer but new player signing.

cleatsupp

Sep 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess these four fellows were all sitting around late one night at the local Guildford mall sipping on a Orange Julious when Cleaps Up said hey I reckin any of u fellows kick a soccer ball before? A silent moan came across we've seen one before...well alrighty then 2 of you can play in the quarters and the other two can suit up for the finals:rolleyes: Don't worry some how though about the rules somehow they different for Knights Cup:rolleyes::rolleyes: Oh yeah and hey fellas the two that showed up for quarter finals make sure you aren't around for semi's:rolleyes:

Didn't realize this was the vagina monologues
ya something like that bud. you should really read yourself. you make duff look good.
u wanna sign? i still have a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0