Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Provincial Cup Men's Open 2008 - Predictions, Results & Banter

joe

May 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yea weenie todd Gorge pays out huge contracts ...just last week we gave the Vike a brand new razor....one case of lucky per shutout win...Dino got a months worth of new diapers...Corn Dog a new pipe for medical reasons only...PP a gift certificate to Supercuts...Kaa free therapy for 2 months...the kist goes on......As for the VMSL easily the class league of the country......if you know anything about this game its not a debate. I was a little surpised at the amount of fans in attendance for Sporting though but you cant blame the players for Christ sake.....This year we got our chunk of the pie,,,,Neufies here we come!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,Gorge Prez

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Gorge, first team to shut us out this season and good luck at Nationals.

I'm happy with the fans that came to support us, unfortunately one of our popular directors had his only daughter's wedding that afternoon and that's why our number of fans wasn't what it would normally be. You got to figure that of the 400 plus at the wedding, atleast 100 would have attended the game if they could have. All in all, the fans didn't lose us the game and the ones that were there, were great for us.

I thought the game was a hard fought battle with the difference being that the Gorge capitalized on really their only chance and they didn't give us anything in return. Defensively, both teams to extremely well to limit the other's offense with great checking and timely blocked shots.

Cheers,
Mark Gomes

PS - I would love to see an all-star series with the VISL involved, not just one game between the VMSL and the FVSL. Maybe someone can make it happen?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HMMMMMM this is really funny! It seems that vmsl isn't so mighty! i really wanna say "i told ya so!" but i won't!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks Like Victoria is the BC powerhouse
and secondly How many turned into National Champions makes you wonder who is in charge and making BC the 3rd best province in soccer.

2008 Victoria Gorge.
2007 Columbus Clan FC
2006 Sapperton Rovers
2005 Portueguese Sporting Club
2004 Pegasus FC
2003 Surrey United
2002 Victoria Gorge
2001 Victoria Gorge
2000 Westside FC

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks Like Victoria is the BC powerhouse
and secondly How many turned into National Champions makes you wonder who is in charge and making BC the 3rd best province in soccer.

2008 Victoria Gorge.
2007 Columbus Clan FC
2006 Sapperton Rovers
2005 Portueguese Sporting Club
2004 Pegasus FC
2003 Surrey United
2002 Victoria Gorge
2001 Victoria Gorge
2000 Westside FC

Doesn't that make the VMSL champs 6 of the last 9 years. Looks to me like Victoria only has one decent team and the VMSL is loaded with talent.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you still don't get it! i should have been more clear to you bulljive( it's like communicating with a 2 year old) Victoria Gorge TEAM is the BC powerhouse

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Done VMSL Vancouver Metro Soccer Losers! lol hahahahahahah

Do you enjoy being laughed at? and don't worry i laugh at myself

hmmm hoping for a witty response......

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hahahaha its eeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa

By the way we are the best team in any canadian league eeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa!

Bluecard

Mar 10, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larson,

Seriously let's call a spade a spade. The VMSL has 10 teams as good as Gorge and the VISL is a 2-3 (contending) team league at best. Gorge won out on the day and kudos to them. They are number one this year and no one will dispute that. But to say the VMSL is a shiite league is stupid. We're all going to cheer for Gorge at Nationals. In the end we all play in a beer league.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Azzi said:
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Victoria Gorge FC’s PATRICK GAWRYS for scoring the lone goal of the game in the Province Cup final against Sporting Club of Vancouver. For his effort, Gawrys was named at the game’s Most Valuable Player by the BCSA. For his excellent performance, PATRICK GAWRYS will receive a prize of a pizza for two, compliments of THE GOLDEN BOOT CAFFE`. The prize is available up to 2008-05-21.
Think he'll make the trip over just for his pizza? :D

NOVA

Jan 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting lost to a good side. It would have been a better match if both teams brought there "A' game as opposed to their "B" game. Ironically, an artificial turf field might have just done that. I then think the coin flip would have been in our favor. But I guess we won the coin flip in 2005!
Sporting had a great season ( I think an all-time league record with 16 wins)
I think... there was an undefeated team long in the past but had more ties and not as many wins.(Correct me if I'm wrong)
As for the VMSL I think eventually bringing the league down to 10 teams will help the top teams get even better. Then we can sooner than later bring home a National Title. Having said that, Gorge do have a good chance of winning. Its too bad Nationals aren't in May. Then I think Larson would be singing a different tune. (Just like in youth when Delta was always second fiddle to the Fraser Valley Hotspurs)!!!
Sporting has many great years to come and build from. A good mix of players, problem is keeping everyone happy with there playing time. I think my "Bro" had a great season and was force to deal with every game. He is the complete player now.

PS - I enjoy the posts. I don't post myself too much, not when we are playing. But free and clear for the summer...sucks

On to next year. Good Luck Gorge!

Little Dormer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside went undefeated one year, I believe they were 11 wins and 7 ties? Anyways, yeah, Westside did the feat in the early 90s

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Several teams were undefeated that year, Regs.....I think....in fact, there was a 4 way tie for first in terms of points, from what I recall......

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0