Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 2 TP 1

Cold........so........very.........cold............

Fcuk me.
We're talking soccer night in Winnipeg, I mean CHILLIwack.

Tough night for both sides to play, but we were impressed with TP.
They had some premier guys and overall played well.
Good to squeek out a win.

RF

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 a-side tournament

Can anyone fill me in on this. I heard that inatead of a playoff there is going to be a 7 a-side tournament. Is this true.........Ranger, Dude, :confused: :confused: :confused: .

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First I've heard of it.
I'll ask the Powers that be.

Did you hear if it's open or still top four finshers to qualify?

You are talking about the league playoffs right?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup

True. No more playoffs. A lot of people are angry, including yours truly. I tried keeping it from my guys because I knew they wouldn’t be motivated to train, being that we’re out of the race for top 2, and the Pres. I couldn’t keep it from them though. It is very disappointing, because that has traditionally been something for everyone not involved in Cup play to look forward to.

Apparently it has a lot to do with scheduling conflicts…the FVSL has a deadline on dates available to them, and they wanted to make sure they get all the games in. Also, the playoffs fell on the long-weekend, which I guess teams complained about.

Finally, I understand a certain team of influence complained about the tourney last year because said team was involved in the BCs as well, and didn’t want to accumulate any cards. That’s just a rumor though.;)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many teams are actually going to be looking forward to this type of tournament??. As for our case with both of the Lufc teams these is very little if any interest in participating in this.
How did they come up with a 7 a-side tournament.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC Royals vs. Surrey Coyotes. 2-1 in Royals favor. Score indicates close game, but it really wasn't. Royals missed so many sitters it wasn't funny, and the Dogs scored in the last 20 seconds because 3 of our defensemen were pushing, trying to score. Easily 70% of the game was played in the Coyotes half.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 asside

A lot of the guys on our team are already talking about skipping this, and taking off for the weekend. Can't say I really blame them...where's the pride in winning a 7 asside tourney? It's not really even soccer...more like a kick-about.

Prediction: this tourney will blow up in the leagues’ face. At least 90% of the teams between the 1st and 5th divisions looked forward to the playoffs last year. Our division took it very seriously.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hockey score

SC Storm beat Delta United 7-4 last night. Gee...sounds like a borring game.:rolleyes:

Looks like the Storm are rounding into form just in time for a strong run to the President's Cup Final.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched GEU lose to Delta tonight. 3-2. Not a bad game, all things considering. GEU came out on fire and scored two quick and pretty nice goals. They then sat back at tried to defend for 70 mins. It didn't work. TheRob was to casual on the ball and it caused a 50/50 which he lost and it resulted in the winner. He'll tell you different but I know the truth.

RangerForever was there with his two boys. I learned some interesting things from them. You see I speak 3 year old and apparently the grey team (GEU) is better than the Rangers. I also learned Ranger as a dad is a poo poo head. So is Uncle Kenny BTW.

TheRob who the hell besides you wears the # 37? .

Vote KNVB

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you believe it

Saw KNVB at the GEU-Delta game and he was partly right.
It wasn't TheRob's fault, he was fouled. Not only that the play was started with a hand ball.

In between taking down a 6 year old at centre who was just about to meg him and go for a goal KNVB was apparently watching the game.
Don't know how much of it he saw though since he spent most of the night re-arranging his scarf so that it looked good and kept him cozy on the sidelines.

That was a pretty scarf K.
:D

Thanks to Ranger for making an appearance. Appreciate the fan support always.

Feel free to bring the youngin's out to school KNVB anytime.
Might teach that FVSL wannabe some lessons.

K,
Maybe you should play some Div1 soccer and get some skill back ya Rowdy bugger.

:D

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
delta3geu2

not a bad game but not very inspiring since game only really meant who finishes ahead of each other. We sat back the first 20 to 30 have guys with two yellows and have acup game nex't weekend and need them. But definetely picked it up in the second half there goalie made a lot of big saves and kept them in it. Had a minute of silence at the start of the game for one of there players was a nice touch. any way season is over now just have the cup hopefully we do well. then its summer soccer:cool:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That was TheRob's number at Peg training camp last year. Wearing this number, I knew that I would be cut so now I wear it as motivation to get back to the big leagues.:rolleyes: Oh, and because knvb stole my other kit.:mad:

Gnu, you're too kind.

Here's how TheRob saw it. We scored two quick ones off of counter attacks. Then you guys pissed on us for 75 minutes. Sound about right? Decent game to play in though. Good luck in the cup. You guys standing at center with us was a very classy move on your part. Thanks.

I was truly shocked and horrified upon seeing knvb take out Rangerforevers kid at center. It was clearly a foul, and knvb should be punished. I think a hefty fine, and/or a long suspension are in order. I saw Bobby Brown on the sidelines. Maybe he can take care of this situation before it happens again.

Until next year,

Mr Casual.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dirty Dutchman

Originally posted by TheRob
I was truly shocked and horrified upon seeing knvb take out Rangerforevers kid at center. It was clearly a foul, and knvb should be punished. I think a hefty fine, and/or a long suspension are in order. I saw Bobby Brown on the sidelines. Maybe he can take care of this situation before it happens again.

Shades of last Friday night.:rolleyes:

Something about John Oliver I guess.

Conditions weren't bad considering and the second half was entertaining to watch. I think TR's being a little too harsh on the guys.
However, I must say the Highlanders looked excellent.
Also, one of their best (if not their best) players wasn't there last night. Something about a kid's birthday party?:D
Anyway, look out for the Highlanders in the President's.
Semi-finals are a given.

Yoda: My kid says "thanks" for the autographed snap.

Cheerio.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger

SHHHHH!!!!

Don't spread the word that I am doing autographs again or I'll never have any peace. That's why we moved in January. couldn't get rid of the fans.

Gnu and the Rest of Delta,

Thanks for joining in on the moment of silence for our fellow GEU player. Much appreciated.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get it straight lads. The kid tried to meg me and when someone megs me they get whacked. It's part of the game. He'll be ok. I wanted to play with the younger one who was more on my skill level, but he wasn't use to having all those marbles in his mouth at one time. They kept falling out and we were tripping on them. Next time wee man.

There was a rather "round" gent with a nasty English accent playing for Delta last night. Someone said he just got in from England he had a nick-name that sounded all to familiar. Beanbag. Isn't this Buckfasts buddy who helped him burn down Fred's. U.T.?

Didn't know whether it was worth mentioning?

BTW, What's wrong with my scarf?

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good news

there is word around camp that planser will make a return after breaking his leg this year. Defence is now solidified so we can put him where he should be up front.Hopefully this is true because he sure will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0