Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richmond Senior Soccer League 2007-2008

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
after the chanting lookey lookey, the dragon goalie wins the game in shootout. Both goals in overtime.

ttp are anxiously waiting for the athletics protest this morning. Will it be the ball was not properly inflated; the temperature was not cold enough; or the ever popular game must finish at 11pm precisely? all has their own good merits.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A formal protest has been filled out by the Athletics. Unfortunately, nobody from their team was there to submit it...

Dragons vs. Ante Up should make for a quality final. This Friday, they have a warm up match in league play, then the cup final the Friday following.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
heard the soccer was so ugly last night the city of Richmond shutoff the lights early before the two games were finished. Hounds leading athletics 4-2 and Dragons leading ante up 2-1. Will the league makeup rules to finish the games? Will Lucardo's athletics sue the city for breach of contract regarding the lights? The richmond senior soccer league soap opera contin

Harps were thumping the all-blacks. Tuna will beg to differ.

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course the games were left in the dark. What do you expect when the lights shut off @ 10:30 no matter what? And since this has been happening from the beginning, it won't change until the league (Noel) has figured out that the games should be started sooner.
Next fridays game between Dragons and Ante Up, probably won't get finished, especially since the game is starting @ 9pm. If they get on the field on time.

Prediction is they will continue to replay the game until they play during the daytime on a Sunday, and then Dragons will win.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's an absolute embarrassment that these blackouts continue to happen. There is a clear lack of communication on the part of the league exec(s) with the City of Richmond.

Yes, the All-Blacks got handed a severe beating at the hands of the Harps on Friday. They're a very decent squad and are deserved of their 2nd place standing. Their wee man up front scored on a blinder of an overhead volley. It was pretty much over at 2-0 though as we couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that night.:mad:

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's an absolute embarrassment that these blackouts continue to happen. There is a clear lack of communication on the part of the league exec(s) with the City of Richmond. QUOTE]

Tuna,
By the sounds of it, we should have shut the lights out on your game! 4-0:D

I can tell you that there is plenty of comunication from the League to the City. If they neglect to adjust the timers, then I don't know how we have any hand in that. It is clearly established what time the bookings are (9-11PM) for Friday nights. I spoke with City staff personally on Saturday morning about this and they failed to set the timer to the appropriate time Friday morning.
It is amusing how many out there feel that they have any clue as to what happens but how far off they truly are.:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond High is being used at 8:30 on Fridays? Our women start at 6:45 and are finished by 8:20 because there are supposed to be games after us?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond High is being used at 8:30 on Fridays? Our women start at 6:45 and are finished by 8:20 because there are supposed to be games after us?

We do have the 8:30PM slot as Athletics B play home games there on Friday nights.This week is an exception though. If you want the later time slot this week, PM me and we can shift it over; with you picking up the cost.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead,

I'm just calling it like I see. Maybe an explanation on your website might help to clear up some of the confusion and misinformation that's been floating around. Players are pointing fingers at you because you've given them no reason not to.

If the City can't fullfill their end of the bargain by keeping the lights lit until 11pm, then why the hell are we paying them in full for a service that they're not able to completely render? I certainly wouldn't pay them for the games that this has happened.

And furthermore, this playing 10 - 15 minutes of the incompleted game prior to the next game is absolutely ridiculous.

Just my two cents on a sunny Monday morning.

beckhamandposh

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
if the league is reading this, why only post the current week schedule only?nice to have entire schedule even if it's a preliminary one. The mighty Harps are moving up the ladder.

tough decision to either watch harps vs hounds this friday or dragons ante up. Harps will be pumping 5 past the hounds in the first half so maybe catch the cup final in the 2nd half.

I'm betting licardo will be behind the dragon goalie moaning his name. Instead of lookey lookey lookey, he'll be chanting lick me lick me lick me.:bronco:

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beckhamandposh,
I emailed all teams a copy of the master schedule at the start of the season and encouraged them to pass it out to their players via email or printed copy. If you would like a copy, ask your manager to email you or please PM me and I'd be happy to pass it along.

As for why I don't put the full schedule up; we have changes occur throughout the season and inevitably, somebody pulls the "...Oh, I thought it was at such-and-such. I just went off the schedule from the website.:confused:"

Bifficus

Jul 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead

Relax, this is TTP. Just because you could be/or are the president of the RSSL, you don't have to take things so seriously.

hack

May 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucklehead

Relax, this is TTP. Just because you could be/or are the president of the RSSL, you don't have to take things so seriously.

No lights
No refs
Micro managing president
Yup, this is the RSSL thread, glad to see things haven't changed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We do have the 8:30PM slot as Athletics B play home games there on Friday nights.This week is an exception though. If you want the later time slot this week, PM me and we can shift it over; with you picking up the cost.

Thanks, Canucklehead, but we'll just keep our regular time slot, as everyone is used to this one. Should be a good tailgate afterwards though. That's too bad there will be no game to watch.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Canucklehead, but we'll just keep our regular time slot, as everyone is used to this one. Should be a good tailgate afterwards though. That's too bad there will be no game to watch.

Alkira,

The RSSL Fall cup final is on at 9pm at Minoru #2. Just a short roll accross the street with the cooler(s).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alkira,

The RSSL Fall cup final is on at 9pm at Minoru #2. Just a short roll accross the street with the cooler(s).

Sounds good, Tuna. We'll be there. :) Our womans' game has been postponed thanks to a scheduling bollockup by the league. Who is playing by the way?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0