Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2010

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tie Breaker should be goals against because scoring goals vs the islanders is not the same as scoring goals against other teams.

You are right critter, it's not the same. Their keeper is very difficult to score on. In fact I believe he leads the league in saves. Next time you might want to pay less attention to the cooler and more to his technique. You could learn a few things from him.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nobby, it is actually goals for........TTP out of Dezza a bit. :D

Westside Rino vs. Binger's Army (1 v 3)
Blaze vs. Westside Rangers (2 v 4)

I BELIEVE that is the way it is (seriously this time)

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Page playoff system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had to look up the Page system, but I like it. Probably the best chance of getting the two best teams in the final. Agree that a 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 structure for semis seems a little bizarre. Even a random draw would make more sense given that everyone played a different set of teams in the round robin. Didn't the RRSL use a random draw in the past? Should be two good games either way.

That seems an unusual format, perhaps we should go 1 v 2 and 3 v 4 and follow the Page playoff format used by curling?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk me Captain was actually serious this time.

1 vs. 3 and 2 vs. 4 in both Div 1 and Div 2

Someone remember to ask for the playoff format to be voted on and set at the AGM next year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was told this 1 v 3 and 2 v 4 was determined by the previous Executive. It is something that NEEDS to be addressed at the AGM........interesting

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladner Rangers 1 Westside Rino 'B' 0

Hmmmmmmmm, this means that Westside plays Ladner in the semi-finals of the cup........interesting result. I'm guessing it will be nothing like the game tomorrow night........Richmond is now on the outside looking in. That is disappointing for Richmond not making it into the top 4 in either division. Games are tomorrow night at 6:30 and 8:30 at Richmond High and 7:00 and 9:00 at King George Park.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, we play CI Celtic... Remember -- 1 vs 3

We probably should have denied the league's request to play on Sunday, as we had some serious problems fielding a team. However, from what I heard the guys who showed up put in a herculean effort. Our keeper was unavailable and we started the match with 7 players. An 8th arrived 15 minutes in, shortly followed by a 9th and we got up to 11 by halftime. 2nd half apparently we took it to them and had numerous chances to score, but couldn't find the mark. They pushed hard at the end and with a full bench were able to outrun our guys who were out of gas, leading to them finally scoring the winner in the last 5 mins.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the ladner vs westside tilt sunday ;

showed up at half and heard that the westside lads only enough to start the game and then more trickled in through the end of the first half. Second half westside was the better squad as the defense did well to hold up ladners' pressure and to counterattack well against the oncoming rangers attempts. Westide definitely missed 2 sitters that could have swung the outcome in their favor. Ladner hung around long enough to get the westside 11 tired and capitalized. Had this game been on tuesday i'm sure westsides' line changes would have easily done ladner in but that would be another argument. Well done to the westside lads for at least giving it a go from a tough spot that they we're put in. As for the league as long as I can remember there was always a division cup that everyone made and to narrow it to 4 because of a lack of effort to find fields seems a bit much to me. I know the league has a hard on for only playing on richmond turf fields but there are quite a few richmond grass fields open tues nights our time slots. This point definitely needs to be addressed at next years agm so as situations like this don't happen again. Good luck to the final 2 hope the weather is nice and the ref has a good one.

cheers , the rattler

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make sure you bring it up at the AGM, Rattler......Bring a list of fields which can we used(grass fields) and we can go from there.....for the record, Burnett isn't an option nor is South Arm 2(mini-field you guys play on in the 'Airport' league). Vancouver offered nothing either so once you get those fields, we can do that. This year had nothing to do with the fields but rather the amount of games which needed to be completed by the 2nd week of August.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately there are no grass fields in (South) Vancouver available... the last decent one, Memorial South, got converted into a baseball diamond and they are creating a new turf one in the back of the park to replace it.

Captain, were All Blacks down to 9 because of sending offs or injuries?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza, we sent our worst 2 players into the scrum so their suspensions shouldn't affect us terribly for next week's final. So long as you don't check our cards, we should be just fine.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rino's 3 - 2 Binger's

Andrew Cooke ripped one top corner for Binger's 30 seconds in after the ball bounced around inside our box and we couldn't clear. Shortly after Binger's had another glorious opportunity as a low cross found Andy Dunn 12 yards out back post, he tried to guide it in, but our keeper made a great kicksave to stop it from going in. After that we settled and started playing. We had a few solid shots from distance that Critter did well to stop, although if we rushed the net we might have gotten lucky with a rebound. Finally, Chazling broke free down the wing and whipped in a great cross that was headed in by Frenchie. 1-1 at half and we seemed to have the momentum. Bingers came out strong in the 2nd half, but our defense held strong. A frustrated Binger's team seemed devoid of ideas other than to kick it up to Cooke and have him chase after it. It was really evident that they are a very different team when LG is on the field, and today he was not at the game. Eventually we broke on the counter and scored off a great movement with the ball crossing from the left wing to the right, where Chazling broke in, slipped a pass to Frenchie who, turned his defender and smacked the ball bottom corner. We got an insurance goal late on another counter, and it was a good thing as the last kick of the game wound up being a pk for bingers! 3-2 and on to the final!

So next week we are going for the unprecedented double-double (league/cup double in both div 1 + div 2). Surely this must put us on equal ground with former great teams such as Richmond Town, right Cappy? :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza..........no, Richmond Town won the QUAD and it was in the winter league when it really mattered. :D

Blaze beat Westside in penalties so it is the Blaze and Rino in the final.

For the record, the double has been done in both divisions before.......but it is still well done to get to both finals by Rino. :)

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Rino's on a well earned victory. They bounced back after a great start by us, marked tight the whole game and finished their chances well. Missing LG and a couple of other key guys certainly didn't help but we had our chances to turn the game and couldn't cash in.

Good luck to Rino and Blaze in the final. Should be a good tilt.

Also, big shout out to the two champions from Rino who rocked the 'shoe shine' celebration after the 3-1 goal. Awesome stuff, particularly in an RRSL summer league game on a goal from 6 yards out. The Rino crew I knew and played for used to mock idiots like that. Hopefully we can look forward to 'rocking the baby' or the team 'row boat' in the Finals. :confused:

On to the golf course :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0