Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RRSL Summer 2005 Results & Banter - Div 1

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isles 2 Firefighters 0 @ Burnett

The field is hard, rough and has long patches of grass, to top off the less than ideal conditions we had a referee that is not only out to lunch but makes up rules as he goes along, ugh! The keeper for Firefighters is unbelievable! Although has an unorthodox style but wow he makes some sick saves.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Idiots 2 - 1 Hoops

So, was it to be an ugly affair after what happened in the last game between these two clubs ? The game was a bit chippy but did not get out of hand, some chirping from the sidelines after some dodgy tackles but that was about it.

We scored first on a great effort by Danny who beat his defender down the left side and then megged Burnro. CIC almost evened it up shortly after our goal when he ripped a shot from well out that hit the post. They did tie it up though, just before the half off a free kick, 1 - 1 at the half.

It seemed like the game was heading for the draw column, both teams were getting chances but couldn't score. Burnro made the save of his life midway through the half off a header. We got the winner however, with about 5 minutes left when Rota cranked a shot from about 25 yards out that found the top corner, Burnro had no chance. After that we just humped the ball into the corners and hung on for the win.

Always feels good beating the dreaded Hoops :D

Cheers, mackers.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
Idiots 2 - 1 Hoops

So, was it to be an ugly affair after what happened in the last game between these two clubs ? The game was a bit chippy but did not get out of hand, some chirping from the sidelines after some dodgy tackles but that was about it.

We scored first on a great effort by Danny who beat his defender down the left side and then megged Burnro. CIC almost evened it up shortly after our goal when he ripped a shot from well out that hit the post. They did tie it up though, just before the half off a free kick, 1 - 1 at the half.

It seemed like the game was heading for the draw column, both teams were getting chances but couldn't score. Burnro made the save of his life midway through the half off a header. We got the winner however, with about 5 minutes left when Rota cranked a shot from about 25 yards out that found the top corner, Burnro had no chance. After that we just humped the ball into the corners and hung on for the win.

Always feels good beating the dreaded Hoops :D

Cheers, mackers.

A very fair summation of the game Mackers, very accurate. Regardless of the result, the game was extremely enjoyable with loads of action around both nets, evenly complimented by the verbal action from both sidelines. It was a good night for both clubs as cooler heads did prevail following the unfortunate events of the previous weeks matchup of the Div. 2 squads. Those events did contribute to this game having loads of feeling and passion on the pitch, but only in a positive manner. With the exception of a couple of skirmishes near the end of the match, both clubs will hopefully come out of this match with a greater respect for one another.

Hats off to the Idiots for a great match, especially to Rota for scoring the goal of his life for the winner!

Cheers,

Burnro

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 4 Knights 1

It was a bit of a piss-take, especially in the first half when Club Ireland went up 3 - 0 despite only having 10 men. The Knights score on a rebound on a cracker of a free-kick about 6 minutes and 19 seconds into the second half. That was as close as the Knights came. The shout of the game had to be when the keeper of the Knights said "He kicks like a girl", referring to Club I Champ, after he had been chopped down for the 15th time by the cumbersome center-back. Ironically, I suppose, Club I Champ scored a hat-trick tonight on the keeper. Entertaining stuff to say the least. The Knights are quite possibly the oldest team assembled in quite some time, as I would actually bring the average age down a bit. I guess that's why they lost to a team with 10 men. But, at least they're still out kicking the ball around having fun. Well done, Knights. Does anyone know who the keeper is though? The 'kicks like a girl' comment was rather odd.........

Hail Hail

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS,

I failed to hear the 'kicks like a girl' comment, I was busy enjoying the sideline cheers after not one, not two, but three goals against Keeper :)

Not bad for a girl :rolleyes:

CIC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
My shout would have been that he looks like a girl.

And my shout is that One Dart was at the Landing last night enjoying many wings and beers........... :p

Hail Hail

BTW, to be fair to Keeper, the three goals that I saw were very good finishes and he had no chance on them. I can't comment on the first goal as I missed it........

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well horrible performance by our crew last night against an undermanned hoops team who were ripe for the picking. A veritable chit the bed as we left Keeper to try and save the day for us on all of CIC chances. It is true we our the oldest team I think in the post roman era and if we could ever figure it out we might actually do okay. Good to see a pretty fair game as we get ready for the Idiots next week which should always include a few knuckle sandwiches. Well done to the hoops and to CIC you're a good player sunshine just use your head more than your mouth and you'll do alright. :D :D :D

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a whole lot of cheering by the Irish try hards for a visctory over the Knights. I bet you guys really put them back last night!!! WFC Rangers 3-2 over the Blaze last night. Putting the spike in them once again in the last minute of the game after being up 2-0 and having chia pet in all alone in front of a wide open net only to trip on the ball. That's gotta hurt. :wa:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Dart said:
My shout would have been that he looks like a girl.

It's scary knowing that your looking at me like that OD. Cut back on the pints at the Landing and you should be sorted. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose I wasn’t clear enough at the time. Perhaps I should’ve yelled, “he flails about and lashes out like girl with his cleats up at opponent’s ankles”, but I thought people would’ve understood what I meant when I followed it up with “fcuking piece of sh!t”. I don't think the retired couples in their back patio were happy about what they were hearing.

You could pretty much tell it was going to be a long game for the Knights when CIC laser-beamed the ball to the top left corner from 8 yards at full tilt. Yikes; what finish. Likewise, how he managed to keep the ball under control on that cow pasture and pick the bottom far corner (rather, banking it in off the far post), I’ll never know. That field was just as bad as I had been warned.

It is a bit frustrating in a game like that when the average age difference between the two teams is a dozen or so years. We had one player in his twenties. Club I had their starting lineup (or so it seemed). As a result, it became a bit frustrating to be giving up chance after chance inside our own 18, while every shot we came up with was beyond the 30.

Nothing so frustrating, though, as the ref. I don’t know what he was watching, since I would’ve made some pretty clear calls against myself. I can only assume he didn’t call me for obstruction outside the box because he thought it was an easy goal. And I still can’t understand why he gave me a free kick for laying my shoulder into someone’s chops. Got a yellow for using the Lord’s name in vain, though; however it didn’t seem in vain at the time, since the guy was easily 5-10 yards offside.

On the bright side, the pints tasted as good as ever. And isn’t that what it’s really all about?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stranger said:
I didn't want to rub it in! However, he makes things happen out there.

Yeah, and it's away fom our goal when he plays up front. I would think he oul find it hard to gve up PK's while playing up there. He had a 4 game pk streak going on earlier in the summer. 2nd best worst streak i have ever seen defensively. ( too be fair, of the 4, 1 was bogus, 1 was an inadvertant handball)

The best worst streak i have seen was the defender who scored an own goal(ok not 3 own goals but 2 and he gave up a pk.) hattrick in one game. Legendary stuff really. He volleyed one in on a cross from about 6 yards out he tried to clear. His second was a brilliant diving header finish from about 15 yards out and the pk was a slide tackle that missed the ball by about 6 feet. We lost the game 4-3 and he scored one of our goals.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on, take it easy on keeper, it must be hard to concentrate on the game while simultaneously deciding which colour to make the drink tickets at your wedding.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I 2 RUFC 2

Good hard fought battle lastnight at terrible Steveston High. We started the first 15 with 10 men and managed to go ahead as our 11 man stepped on to the pitch. About 10 minutes later we hit the score sheet again with yours truly turning some pylon for a defenceman ;) and burying left footed far post on Mr. Cowin. RUFC had most of the possession in the first half but just could hit the target.

Second half starts and we are back down to 10 men. Thats when all the possesion went from 40/60% to about 85/15%for RUFC. They came at us in waves as we just tried to soak up the pressure. We managed to do so for the first 20 minutes, partly because no one from RUFC wanted to hit the net. Their pressure was rewarded with a terrible offside goal but we knew it was a matter of time. With 20 minutes to go, with 9 men now and up by one, it was a hump it high and long time which didnt work because with 10 to go they slotted one, Deuce with the goal I beleive?

All in all a good typical battle between the two clubs. Best of luck to everyone on the playoffs.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNIHGTS S.I. - 3 BLAZE F.C. - 4

We were out at old Assosciation park last night bringing back memories of many hard fought battles with the Delta United boys on what was by far the best pitch we played on all year. We started with a man down and they started with at least four subs so you do the math as to who took the lead first. They were all over us and just could not hit the net thanxs in most part to crazy hair and his pace just being too much for anyone to control :D . They score two and with ten minutes left our 11th man shows (Tides are turning).

Second half now and we go at em' and our rewared with two goals after only about 15 mins. or so. Should be noted that the man they call army made a couple of great diving saves on yours truly as he stood his ground well. With 18 left we slot our third to take the lead and it looks as though we may have finally beaten the blaze. But alas the resolve of the blaze and sheer exhaustion of our vintage team was what did us in. They score on a questionable free kick outside our box (well slotted by JR I must ad) with 15 left to play and then the nail in the coffin as a breakaway proves to be the game winner. As the forward was running in on goal for the fourth goal our Defence stopped and asked if he was offside only to have jimmy's whistle and the point to centre signal the answer to their question. A bit of comic relief as you had to actually be their to witness the reaction from the defense comedy in a losing cause oh well ... Should be noted that KEEPER had a fine performance and was the reason the score was the way it was stopping many a close range shot and or breakaway.

Good luck to all in upcoming playoffs and whoever get's the chance to play at Assosciation it's a definite advantage best pitch by far. Cheers the Rattler

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0