Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on the Dons!

I never thought I'd ever be cheering for Aberdeen.
I almost hate them as much as I hate Celtic. :p

But thanks again for the record in Europe this year Bhoys.
Rangers have basically all but secured a third round Champions League qualification match before group phase next year. :)

Me and a pal just became fans of the Dons today,

Sheepshaggerforever :D

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it is to bad it came to an end today. Will be hard to duplicate that run unless we play the huns 77 straight times at parkhead. :rolleyes:

Couldn't get out to watch today but talked to my dad and he said it was one of the most lopsided games he has seen. All Celtic but they couldn't put it away. Tactical error by MON in extra time he sent defenders forward for a corner and Aberdeen countered with the winner. Unlucky it would have been nice to keep the streak are alive. Apparently both Sylla and Smith put on a Agathe like performance today. Both were absolutely shocking.

Parkhead

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on the Pars!

I hope the Fifers absolutely fcuking stuff Celtic. :p
Good on them too for getting a UEFA spot.

In honour of the Fifers going to the show, my good pal Downtown just sent me this link:

http://www.thirteen.plus.com/archienic.wmv

It shows two goals by Archie Gemmill and Barry Nicholson that are amazingly similar.

Archie's is, I believe, the cracker he scored against Holland in '78.
Barry's is the goal against Inverness Caley, I would assume in the semis.

Do you Hoopies remember Inverness Caley?
Bet you're glad the Pars beat them eh?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inverness Caley Thistle.......was that the team who made it further than the Huns did this year in the Scottish Cup? That's right. Thanks for reminding me, RF. The Huns are mince and will finish third next year. Boumsong will last about a month and will pack up with his forty brothers and cousins(all of them apparently want to sign too) after he gets fed up with trying to cover for the animal Moore and the other eejit Malcolm. Things are looking good in Hun land. Rae is a HUGE signing for you. We're all having a laugh.

Even as average as Celtic is right now, we are still miles ahead and that is the bottom line. Aiden McGeady - watch out for that name in the near future..........:)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barry Nicholson came through Rangers YTS. I guess you only started watching Scottish Football after Rangers nine-in-a-row. Diehard.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Naw, the problem lies in the hun faithfuls lack of brains. Having assigned the same nickname to two players, there is room for confusion.

Hail, hail.
For the record as a wee boy I belonged to the Ardrossan CSC. So I've seen a few games. Right son.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 3 Dundee United 3

We threw away a two goal lead with the Arabs coming back.

Gavin Rae gone for the year with a knee injury.

Mind you, how much is left in our year? :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is he a product of Double In's coaching?

CELTIC are getting ready to fight it out with Manchester United to land 15-year-old Canadian superkid Jacob Lensky.

Lensky will join the Hoops for a three-and-a-half week trial spell in a bid to win a coveted place in the Parkhead youth stable.

The Vancouver college student was spotted by a Celtic talent scout while playing for local side Surrey United.

But if the hitkid impresses on trial Martin O'Neill will have to move fast as Sir Alex Ferguson's United are also showing a strong interest.

Lensky said: 'I have dreamed of becoming a professional from the age of seven and would be thrilled to play for Celtic.

'My parents aren't keen on me flying to Glasgow on my own but we have had heart-to hear t talks and finally came to the conclusion that my Celtic try-out is a chance in a million. It mustn't be missed.

'I'll be 16 in December when I can legally be contracted to a club and depending on the conditions I'd love to play in Glasgow.

'But there is a certain amount of rivalry because Manchester United have invited me to fly to England at the end of June for a try-out at Old Trafford.'

I've never heard of the kid but if he is a product of Double In's coaching, then Celtic will be winning the Champions League before too long. :) :wa:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic drew 1-1 this morning with the minihuns. McGready with the Celts goal . He also announced after the game that he will play for Ireland and not Scotland. Smart move on his part. :) Again Agathe was horrendous along with Smith. Not much to say about the game other than it was a typical late season performance with most of the Celtic players going through the motions while the minihuns were kicking them every chance they got.

Parkheadlookingforwardtonextweekendwhenthebhoyswilllifttheleaguecupatparkhead

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice whiff by Mjallby on the mini-Huns' goal. McGeady said over two weeks ago that he was going to play for Ireland, mainly because they were the first ones to show interest in him. He took the goal well and also pulled off the move in which Ronaldinho left Agathe's knickers hanging around his ankles. Larsson had another average game. Overall, a tie was a fair result, as Hearts threw everything at Celtic over the last 15 minutes looking for the win. Bigyun, I'm still waiting for that phone call....... :p There were a lot of AVERAGE performances today with Lennon probably being the best of them. There are only TWO more games of significance, the first one being the Huns in a couple of weeks.

Captain

oor wullie

Jul 17, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Parkheid...

As a Scot yourself, I thought that building a strong Scotland side would be something you would be proud of. This is the attitude that the OF have towards the Scotland team in recent years is why Scotland have been shite. Kudos to Big Eck of Rangers to kick out the foreign legion and get Scots playing for the and OF side. Let's hope Celtic follow suit. This IS THE only way Scotland will be successful on the world stage and maybe bring back Scottish feelings to OF fans, not Irish or Engerlish ones.

Best regards,

Oor Wullie

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oor Wullie,

I'm not sure where you're getting your facts about MacLeish but the reality is the players HE chose to bring in were fcuking shite. It is not a matter of him trying to give Scotland a better chance in the long term by playing the likes of Burke, Hutton, etc....If he had more money, he would be doing exactly what you're saying he isn't doing. Even with the little money he has been given, he has made CRAP choices. Also, the Huns have done FCUK all in Europe over the last lot of years. Because McGeady choice Ireland is a non-Old Firm issue. Scotland showed NO interest in him and Ireland did, once they knew his grandparents were Irish. Because he plays for Celtic the fcuking Hun media is going to look at this choice as an anti-Scotland/pro-Ireland move. Bollocks to that. His Dad wanted him to play for Scotland and he chose not to for whatever reason. He is 18 years old and for the record, can still choose Scotland. The kid hasn't even proven himself yet at club level and everyone is jumping all over him for possibly, if given the opportunity, to play internationally. Also, you mentioned that Celtic should follow suit? Bollocks again.

Celtic's Scottish players who have played this year...Marshall, Maloney, Wallace, Smith, McNamara, Beattie, Douglas, Lambert, McGeady, Crainey(before being sold), Kennedy, McManus, and probably one or two others I missed. The Huns have certainly used no more than this, so that point is moot. Right now, the Huns are in a LOT of trouble financially. I have no idea where they are getting the money for Boumsong but I assume it is because they are letting go about 5 players, something Celtic should/will probably do too. Celtic is obviously better off BUT they aren't even going to spend a lot of money this summer again, which might see MON leave.

Hail! Hail! and stand up for the champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0