Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess my sentimental(sp) favorites will now be Sweden. although I would have picked them to come out of that group anyways.

Too bad he won't change his mind about Celtic. :mad: But i would say we got our money's worth out of him. :D I just hope he has one more hatrick in him against the huns on the 8th. :p

Parkhead

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers target Prso

Prso has scored 16 goals for Monaco this season
Rangers manager Alex McLeish has revealed that he hopes to sign Croatian international striker Dado Prso.
The 29-year-old, who has helped Monaco reach the Champions League final, will hold talks at Ibrox.

"It's not a done deal but we hope to conclude business with him as he is a player we admire," McLeish told the club website.

"We have had him watched on a number of occasions and it would be great to bring him here."

Prso will be out of contract in the summer, so no transfer fee will be involved.

"He has had a fantastic season and in just a few weeks he'll play in the Champions League final. He has scored a lot of goals and has performed really well," McLeish added.

Prso, who scored in the first leg of the semi-final win over Chelsea, hit the headlines with four goals in Monaco's earlier 8-3 Champions League demolition of Deportivo La Coruna.

He also scored in both legs of the play-off with Slovenia to take Croatia to the Euro 2004 finals.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prso

CDK said:
so no transfer fee will be involved.

:)

:D

That would be a good signing, I hope we get him.

And, I think a change of scenery at the CCC could be in order.
In fact, an order of Kleenex at the CCC on Saturday could also be in order.

COME ON RANGERS!

:knvb:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure why but.......

Celtic enter Rivaldo chase

RIVALDO FACTS

Born: 19/04/1972
Position: Left-footed midfielder
Clubs: Paulista, Santa Cruz, Mogi-Mirin, Corinthians, Palmeiras, Deportivo La Coruna, Barcelona, Milan, Cruzeiro
Brazil caps: 68
International goals: 33
Allardyce warns Rivaldo
Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has declared an interest in signing Brazilian World Cup winner Rivaldo.
And Bolton boss Sam Allardyce says he believes his attempt to entice the player to the Reebok Stadium is dead.

"Like anything else we'd prefer to keep these things quiet - we have been linked with so many players," said O'Neill on Friday.

"But the truth is when somebody like Rivaldo becomes available you have got to be interested."

"Perhaps this is more about the agents talking than anything else during the last couple of weeks.

"One of the things which is appealing to me is getting in short-term players," continued O'Neill, who will lose the services of Henrik Larsson in the summer.

"Bolton have done very well in getting some top-class players to the football club. We have got to be looking at that type of player.

"I wouldn't want to be giving any bookmakers odds and it might be a move of great difficulty - but he is a class player that we would be looking to buy."

Allardyce's patience with the 1999 World and European Player of the Year seems to have run out.

"We've had no word from him and I think it's dead in the water at the moment," he told his club's official website on Friday.

"It's not 100% finished but looks very, very doubtful from our point of view."

A little bit old for my liking and he couldn't handle the weather in Scotland. He would be another Arteta.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 4 5

Celtic 1

Rangers feckall

Chris Sutton with an incredible last second chip made sure Celtic beat TFOD 5 out of 5 tries this season.

Celtic actually scored almost immediately but referee Hugh Dallas saw fit to chalk off the goal for reasons known only to himself.

Hail hail!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only thing worse than the Huns today, was fcuking Dallas. He was fcuking disgraceful. Psycho Ricksen should have been sent off and the poof Arteta for his attempted 'punch'. What a fcuking tart. Anyway, Celtic absolutely TTP in the second half. 4 - 0 would have been a fair score. Sutton's goal was absolute class. I'm still trying to figure out why Celtic's 'first goal' was disallowed. So we have fcuking put the boots to the bastards again so once again, could the Huns on the site please stand up for the champions? :) Cheers.

Can you see a happy Hun? Noooooooooooooo NOooooooooooooo

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One question blue boys? :confused:

How does it feel to be bitched slapped all season long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Nice work Ranger boys! A season to remember.

Stand up for the champions!! Stand up for the champions!! Stand up for the champions!! Stand up for the champions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Rangers-----------------------------NOT!!!!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal year.

All is not lost today - We got a post out of Jinky.

I have to dwell on positives here. ;)

Klos proving again today without any doubt why he won Rangers Player of the Year by a fcuking landslide.
I actually can honestly say I don't remember who else was on the ballot when I cast my vote.
Nightmare.

Thank God 3 out of 5 are done.
Once Stevie Oneder and Heed are finished, I can take my earplugs out.

Cnuts...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have watched the footage of the goal on the 'Net and noticed on one angle that the Huns were doing their 'bouncy bouncy' while singing 'we love you Rangers we do......Fcuk they went quiet quickly. Great stuff. How gutted must they have been? Thinking that they actually earned a point this year against the Bhoys. Talk about a piss take..........:)

Hail! Hail!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the Captain kindly pointed out, a poor season for the Teddy Bears. Disasterous, even.

However, the rebuild has started - Prso and Boumsong. How are Celtic's signings coming along? I think the bigger piss take is Celtic's commitment to the Greatest Supporters in the World....

One in a row.......

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
As the Captain kindly pointed out, a poor season for the Teddy Bears. Disasterous, even.

However, the rebuild has started - Prso and Boumsong. How are Celtic's signings coming along? I think the bigger piss take is Celtic's commitment to the Greatest Supporters in the World....

One in a row.......

Buckfast

Yes, we are the greatest supporters in the world, Bucky. God bless you for the compliment. As for the new signings, who knows? I still know the current team, even minus Larsson will beat Rangers with Prso and Boumsong. However, we definitely need to sign some quality if we want to have ANY chance in the Champions League group stages, something Rangers will not have to worry about.

Also, we like to look at as 3 out 4, as opposed to one in a row. Besides, we actually tied last year didn't we? Rangers claimed two titles in the 1920s/30s despite being level in points with someone else, so I guess we could say we have actually won 4 in a row. ;) :D

Bucky, do you honestly think our Flyers have a chance after watching the game yesterday? I'm a little concerned after watching it.....:(

Captain

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pršo signs Rangers deal
Monday, 10 May 2004
Croatian international striker Dado Pršo will join Rangers FC in July from UEFA Champions League finalists AS Monaco FC on a three-year deal.

Glasgow talks
The 29-year-old has signed a pre-contract agreement with the Scottish club after flying to Glasgow for talks on Saturday. "I have watched Pršo many times this season," said Rangers manager Alex McLeish. "He is very direct and he has a great presence which is just what we need. I am absolutely delighted to have signed a player of his calibre."

Prominent figure
Pršo has figured prominently in Monaco's run to the Champions League final, scoring seven goals including four in the 8-3 victory against RC Deportivo La Coruña in November.

"I've lost someone who often proved decisive for us" -Didier Deschamps

'Excellent rapport'
"Rangers welcomed me in an extraordinary way," said Pršo. "I immediately had an excellent rapport with the manager and it became clear that I would sign." The forward's coach at Monaco, Didier Deschamps, added: "I feel mixed emotions. On the one hand, it's a good deal for him, on the other I've lost someone who often proved decisive for us."

Rebuilding squad
Rangers, who trail champions Celtic FC by 16 points with two games left after losing 1-0 to their rivals on Saturday, have already started rebuilding for next season's Champions League campaign. McLeish has also signed AJ Auxerre defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, Livingston FC's Marvin Andrews and midfield player Alex Rae from Wolverhampton Wanderers FC on pre-contract agreements.

It's a shame really.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Amoroso on trial at Parkhead

Comments from the kickabout.

Celtic midfielder Neil Lennon was involved and said he'd been impressed by Amoroso.

"You can tell he's got quality... in his touches and the way he moved," said Lennon.

"He's obviously short of fitness and it's hard to assess a player in a training game.

"He's given the place a bit of a lift and it's great to see that calibre of player coming to the club - even if he doesn't end up signing."

He must be really slow if he has Lennon wondering about fitness. :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The King of Kings scores a brace to beat the Arabs 2 - 1 in his last game for Celtic at Celtic Park.

Only two chances left to watch the great man in the hoops.

Celtic finishes 17 points ahead of the pack.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Henrik Larsson.
By far the most dominant player in the SPL basically since the day he entered the gates at Parkhead.
I wish him well - He added a ton of credibility to our league.

In other news, Michael Mols decided to take a red card in the first 30 minutes to put Rangers down to 10 men for his last game.
An outstanding move considering McLeish graciously gave him the nod to honour such an occasion.
Buh-bye.
He did fcuk all for us this year.

Rangers 3 Dunfermline 2

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh no!

Douglas out of cup final

Douglas has been ousted as Celtic number one by David Marshall
Celtic goalkeeper Rab Douglas is out of this weekend's Scottish Cup final.
Douglas had surgery on Monday on a thigh injury, an operation that was not due to be carried out until the end of the season.

He is expected to be able to join the rest of the squad for the pre-season tour of North America.

Meanwhile, John Hartson has resumed full training following a back injury but is unlikely to be involved in the cup final on Saturday.
:p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic has done the double with a 3 - 1 win over the Pars at Hampden today.
One goal from the Bulgaria captain Stan Petrov and a superb brace from Ghod in his last ever competitive match for the Hoops sealed the comeback win.

Dunfermline went ahead just before the half on a dodgy Andreas Skerla goal right after Celtic were denied two stonewall penos and had a perfectly good goal disallowed by the complete and utter fcukwit in the black.

But even he could not ruin the great man's final bow.
The forces of light will be celebrating tonight.

HAIL HAIL HENKE!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Jinky, the penalties were stonewall. Unfcukingbelievable. Could someone explain to me WHY Celtic's goal was disallowed in the first half and HOW Hunfermline's goal stood, after the striker took Marshall out on the weak header? Just curious.....

Otherwise, it was a complete piss-take and Ghod scored two crackers. Big Sutty was a little off today but did create the first goal with a tremendous 50 yard pass to send Ghod on his way. Oh yah, Balde helped a little with a hand ball inside of his own box before getting the ball to Sutton. :) To me, Stillian Petrov was the man of the match with Larsson a close second. He ran the midfield in the second half especially and was covering the whole field. So, a nice double for the Bhoys and I'm already looking forward to them HUMPING the Huns again next season. We will miss Henrik though. God bless you Henrik Larsson.

Hail Hail

Captain

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
'Hunfermline'.
That is well done Captain. :D

Saw the highlites on Sky but I don't remember Marshall really being taken out on that goal.
Looked like a safe enough challenge? :confused:

Anyhoo, to even have the Pars make it somewhat interesting for a while on the inevitable result is not bad.

And, you have to tip your hat to Larsson.
To do what he's done in last couple of weeks and exit the way he did for the faithful is all class.

Well done Celtic.

Enjoy it while you can. :)

:knvb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0