Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2005/06

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Scottish Premier League News 2004/05

Here a few hundred players linked to Celtic and we might see one of them.... :rolleyes:

Bucky, I can't find any links to that information. I'm sure you know more about Celtic's moves than Rangers. Surprising. :eek:

Antti Niemi

Current Club : Southampton
Position : Goalkeeper
Reputed Fee : £2m

Source : The Daily Record

Robbie Keane

Current Club : Tottenham
Position : Forward
Reputed Fee : £3m

Source : The Sun

Mickael Landreau

Current Club :Nantes
Position : Goalkeeper
Reputed Fee : £3m

Jeremy Berthod

Current Club : Lyon
Position : Left-Back
Reputed Fee £1m

Source : The Evening Times

Modeste M'Bami

Current Club : Paris St Germain
Position : Centre Midfielder
Reputed Fee : £1.8m

Source : Sky Sports

Tommy Miller

Current Club: Ipswich town

Position: Midfielder

Reputed Fee : Free

Gary Naismith

Current Club : Everton
Position : Defender
Reputed Fee : Bosman

Alexei Berezoutski

Current Club : CSKA Moscow
Position : Central Defender
Reputed Fee : £2m

Source : The Evening Times

Andreas Granqvist

Current Club : Helsingborgs
Reputed Fee : £750,000

Andy O'Brien

Current Club : Newcastle
Position : Centre-Back
Reputed Fee : £2M

Paul Konchesky

Current Club : Charlton Athletic
Reputed Fee : £1m

Source : The Mirror

Paul Hartley

Current Club : Hearts
Position : Centre Midfielder
Reputed Fee : £750,000

Certainly not a list of all-stars and there are a few more 'links' like Kevin Phillips.......:(

Shocking BUT a goalie, a left back, one decent midfielder and the team will automatically vault to league favorites because of the mince squad present at Shitbrox.

BTW, the source of the above info is from COTH. Cheers.

Hail Hail

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Captain Shamrock said:
Bucky, I can't find any links to that information. I'm sure you know more about Celtic's moves than Rangers. Surprising.

"Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer." I learned this from Big Eck. It's all tictacs :)

Buckfast

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Rangers complete Murray signing taken from bbc sport

Murray can play in a number of different positions
Rangers have announced the signing of Hibernian captain Ian Murray on a three-year deal. "

When the tic or Sunderland get Derek Riordan and Murray off to the Gers I guess that will be the end of any challenge to the old firm form Hibs? To bad scottish football could sure use it.

Billy Boy

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

"Henchoz heading for Celtic exit" :eek:

Fcuk, I was kind of hoping they would keep him :rolleyes:

Billy Boy

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy,

McLeish:"Hopefully we'll be looking forward to other new faces to work with as well."

Murray can play in a number of positions but, as well as his versatility and ability, McLeish believes he will also be able to cope with the demands of being a Rangers player.

Demands of being a Rangers player? What would that be? Learning the sash?

A quality player who I am sure will help you get humped on the continent. Keep em coming Alex you'll be in the UEFA cup in no time.

Heanjob

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is too bad we got Murray off Hibs, He is a servicable player, but with Riordan off somewhere and Murray now, poor Mowbray has to find replacements. I still think Hibs can contend with Riordan in the lineup, and he still has a year to run on his current deal. I believe Hibs will hold him Untill January, sell him early and grab someone just before the window closes again to keep competitive.

The Demands of being a Rangers player is about the same as being a Septic player. Which means more games than if you were a Hib. As well, Old firm teams get a lot more media coverage etc.... Murray will grow up at Ibrox. It's one thing to play for Hibs or Hearts, it is a completely different thing to play at The Tattiedrome or Ibrox.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Handjob, I guess if your mob didn't shite the bed on the last day of the season all of this bitterness would be moot???
Originally jibbered by:Handjob
Keep em coming Alex you'll be in the UEFA cup in no time.
BTW, nice shout :rolleyes: don't count yer chickens just yet timmy... Shitic aren't going anywhere far!!! Rangers will make the group stages of the CL again...

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness,

Yea, winning the SPL is a must but let's be honest Europe is were it's at for the Old Firm. That's where the money and prestige exist.

You have nothing to be proud of as far as results go in the CL/UEFA cup. Correct me if I'm wrong but the closest you've come in the last 10 years to any glory in CL/UEFA is in 1999 when you lost to Bayern Munich ( and I'd have to say yer lot should of won that game) away. The Huns have about as good a chance of advancing in Europe as you do winning a grade 7 spelling bee. Take some advice/advise :confused: and put your money on the Bhoys.

HUNSWILLBEINUEFACUPAGAIN

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As it sits right now I'd say that Rangers have a better team to play in Europe with at the moment.
In the past Mon has outclassed AMC tactically, You no longer have the wibbling wobbler, we still get stuck with Alex. But at the moment I think the players at Rangers are better equipped for Europe than yous.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
As it sits right now I'd say that Rangers have a better team to play in Europe with at the moment.
In the past Mon has outclassed AMC tactically, You no longer have the wibbling wobbler, we still get stuck with Alex. But at the moment I think the players at Rangers are better equipped for Europe than yous.

Which really says fcuk all. Neither team is even close to being good enough. BTW, the ugly Greek cnut will probably be heading back because his contract talks are breaking down. No problem, you still have big Marv an Boab Malcolm and of course the conveyor belt of talent from Murray Park. :rolleyes:

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A great servant leaving. Think I'd rather see Lennon go than Jackie.

Heanjob

Wolves lure McNamara

STEPHEN HALLIDAY

CELTIC captain Jackie McNamara will end his ten-year association with the Parkhead club today when, subject to passing a medical, he expects to sign for Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The 31-year-old Scotland international, who finished the season without being offered a new contract by Celtic, has agreed a two-year deal with the Molineux club.

McNamara's departure will come as a severe blow to new Celtic manager Gordon Strachan who, on his appointment as Martin O'Neill's successor earlier this month, expressed the importance of holding on to the services of a player who has been a mainstay of the club in recent seasons.

The Scotsman understands, however, that when Celtic finally offered McNamara a new deal last week, it was only for one year. It was immediately rejected and although Celtic came back to the table yesterday with a two-year deal, a frustrated McNamara had already given Wolves manager Glenn Hoddle his word that he would join the ambitious Coca-Cola Championship club.

"I never imagined my time at Celtic would end like this," McNamara said last night, "and I would have preferred to have signed a new contract with the club several months ago. It was really disappointing that didn't happen and disappointing that there was only a one-year deal on the table when it finally came.

I never imagined my time at Celtic would end like this. Wolves made me feel wanted

"I had always hoped to finish my career with Celtic but I felt I was in a position where I had to make a choice that was the right one for my family and myself in the circumstances. Wolves made me a good offer, they made me feel wanted and I was impressed with what Glenn Hoddle had to say. If the medical goes without a hitch, then I will definitely be signing for Wolves."

It appears there was an assumption, subconscious or otherwise, among Celtic officials that McNamara's services could be taken for granted but the club now find themselves losing one of their most consistent and effective performers as a result of their failure to offer him the extended contract his displays over the past two seasons unquestionably merited.

McNamara was one of the lowest paid first-team players at the club and, in fact, took a wage cut last year when he agreed a one-year contract. There was compensation in the form of a testimonial match for his decade of service, with some 50,000 attending the fixture against the Republic of Ireland last month, the day after he had captained the side to victory in the Scottish Cup final against Dundee United.

The player continued to express his hope after the match that his time with Celtic would be extended under new manager Strachan, who would have been the seventh he had served under since moving to Parkhead from Dunfermline in a £650,000 deal in October 1995.

Voted Player of the Year by the Scottish Professional Footballers' Association in 1998 and then by the Scottish Football Writers' Association in 2004, McNamara won four league championship medals, three Scottish Cup and three League Cup winners medals. He made 347 appearances in total for Celtic, a tally it was fully anticipated he would add to next season.

"It is hard to believe I am leaving the club," he said. "It's been fantastic to play for Celtic for so long and during such successful times for the club. The supporters have been great to me and it is a real wrench from that point of view but it came to a point where this was the decision I had to make.

"Wolves will be an exciting challenge for me. They are a big club and Glenn Hoddle is really ambitious for them. He is determined to win promotion to the Premiership next season and I hope I can help them achieve it."

McNamara, capped 30 times by Scotland, will join compatriots Kenny Miller and Colin Cameron at Molineux where former England manager Hoddle recently signed a new contract along with captain Paul Ince. Wolves finished six points off the play-offs last season and are providing the manager with the resources required for a return to the Premiership.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jackie Mac leaving Parkhead

heanjob said:
"Wolves made me a good offer, they made me feel wanted and I was impressed with what Glenn Hoddle had to say."

Let's hope Hoddle wasn't talking about handicapped people paying the current price for sins committed in a prior life again... :D

So while we continue to sign Scots you lot contiunue to fcuk them over.
Welcome to 2nd place. ;)

I was in Scotland a couple of years back watching the cup final between the Tic and Hibs.
Jackie didn't start (Fcuked again) but came on within minutes of kick off as some pathetic excuse whinged about a torn hangnail or something and had to be yanked off.
Jackie scored very quickly and was, IMO, man of the match.

Good luck Jackie,

Scotlandforever

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must admit that I'm gutted with this. Jackie has probably been Celtic's most consistent player over the last 2 seasons. He has at least one, perhaps two good seasons left. Why Celtic wait so fcuking long to talk to their players/sign players is beyond me. I hope Strachan has a list of players ready to sign because it isn't looking good. Most Celtic fans, myself included, never want to see Balde wear the Hoops again. It now looks like he is fcuked because Bayern Munich signed another center half last week. So much for Bobo being Bayern's number one target(according to Balde) :rolleyes: . Like I said, I hope that WGS has a few signings up his sleeve because we haven't improved one bit. We're actually worse now with Jackie gone. Douglas is no big loss and hopefully Sylla will go to Leceister too.

Time will tell.....Either way, I'm glad I'm not a Hun and

Hail Hail the Celts are Here(or in Jackie's case, not anymore. :( )

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At a team meeting today, Alex McLiesh warned the Rangers players that there would be a number of new faces at Ibrox this season.

Dado Prso asked, "can I have one of them boss?"

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
At a team meeting today, Alex McLiesh warned the Rangers players that there would be a number of new faces at Ibrox this season.

Dado Prso asked, "can I have one of them boss?"

Don't you wish you had 'em?

51. How many you've got?

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Don't you wish you had 'em?

51. How many you've got?

Buckfast

The only ONE that really matters. How many of them do you have? The answer is the same as you'll always have. :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The intriguing case of Brahim Hemdani and the Old Firm

GRAHAM SPIERS, Chief sportswriter June 16 2005

Many of football's big transfer stories are peculiar, tangled affairs. We've just witnessed another of them this week the strange case of Marseille's Brahim Hemdani leaving the south of France for Rangers.
No fair observer should doubt Hemdani's quality, certainly not before having the decency to watch him play. None the less, the predictable hyping of this Algerian's arrival at Rangers masks a peculiar turn of events which rings some familiar alarm bells.
Rangers – or to be more specific, David Murray – have got into a familiar routine of treating one of Scotland's main tabloids as a kind of acquiescent in-house rag, within which the club can soup-up certain initiatives, mainly transfer stories. This week with Hemdani, we witnessed another classic example of it.
Rangers even arranged for a photograph to be had of a sun-splashed Martin Bain, the club's chief executive, shaking hands with a slightly bemused-looking Hemdani in the south of France. The story was duly given glorious packaging about the Ibrox club "winning the race" and "fighting off bids" for the "£4m Hemdani".
There were two aspects which were odd about this. First, given the alleged hectic race to sign Hemdani, was the number of times in the past two months when the player had been offered to Celtic.
The second strange aspect about the Hemdani story was the £4m hoopla surrounding him. In fact, the Algerian cost Rangers nothing. . . the glitter of £4m obviously referred to the salary he will receive at Ibrox. Yet even that figure – presumably £20,000 a week over four years – doesn't tally with the far more modest wage requirement with which Hemdani was repeatedly offered to Celtic.
After receiving at least three offers of Hemdani in the past two months, Martin O'Neill, the outgoing Celtic manager, decided that the defender was too erratic. Celtic, as with any deal, might live to regret this judgment, but it is only another example of how the movement of players around the Old Firm is rarely what is seems.
If you could believe some of the packaging behind Hemdani's arrival, the world was after him in "the chase". Then you glance at the finer details. Hemdani is a 27-year old, of no international repute, who played just 11 times for Marseille last season. Moreover, in "the chase" for his signature, you then come upon a certain scrabbling around to come up with decent names: Bayer Leverkusen, Real Betis, Bolton . . .
As with Hemdani, very often the Old Firm are the twin targets of the same agent with the same player. In 2000 there was a Hemdani situation in reverse when Rangers were offered Joos Valgaeren, before turning down the player. Given the Belgian's injury-marked career at Celtic, you could argue Rangers called that one right.
More recently both Rangers and Celtic were offered Liverpool's disenchanted Stéphane Henchoz. The Old Firm were also both after Craig Bellamy on loan before the Newcastle striker opted for Celtic.
From this most recent case, a number of aspects are clear. First, the story of a foreign player moving to the Old Firm is rarely what it seems.
Second, as with Hemdani, the case is usually as much about a player wanting out, as a club wanting him in.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/41325.html

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jun 17 2005

By Keith Jackson

SOTIRIOS KYRGIAKOS was signed up on a new one-year deal with Panathinaikos last night as his dreams of returning to Rangers were shattered.

Record Sport can reveal Greek football authorities announced yesterday that the player has been secured on a new contract which ties him to the club until summer 2006.

The bombshell news came as the agent at the heart of the cash row between Rangers and Panathinaikos insisted the defender's Ibrox career is now officially over - and that he will now be sold to a new buyer, with Bolton leading the chase.

Phanis Klonopoulos, who advised Kyrgiakos to sign on for six months with Alex McLeish's side in January, launched a scathing attack on the conduct of Scotland's champions, accusing them of penny-pinching and breaking their word.

And Klonopoulos insists the Greek international will return to Athens immediately after representing his country at the Confederations Cup in Germany - only to be sold off again before the start of next season.

Klonopoulos is one of a number of agents who have been involved in the Kyrgiakos saga since the defender first arrived in Glasgow.

He was originally hired by Panathinaikos to find a club for Kyrgiakos and continued to represent them throughout the negotiations that resulted in the collapse of the player's proposed permanent transfer.

Last night Klonopoulos said: 'Discussions are over. Sotirios will probably be resold to another club. He will not be returning to Rangers.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts