Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2005/06

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you thought your board was fcukin' the support over? Finally, I think Auld Firm supporters finally have a wee bit of sympathy for each other.

Fancy coming over for dinner, Captain?

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear ya, Bucky. It is actually embarrassing for both teams right now. I honestly don't know who is telling more lies the Rangers or Celtic board. Jackie has come out and said that he has been used as a scapegoat. To me, EVERYONE is to blame for his departure, with the exception of Strachan possibly. Allegedly, he was 'only' offered 8000 quid a week, which works out to be about 680 000 dollars a year. I don't know how one can survive on that salary. :rolleyes:

Anyway, both clubs appear to be embarrassing themselves right now. Celtic will probably be signing two Polish players - one a 29 year-old goalie, Artur Boruc.and a striker who scored 24 goals in 25 league games last year, Maciej Zurawski. I've heard of the goalie before but if these are our 'big' signings, we're in for a long year....

What time are you starting tea tomorrow, Bucky?

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hail Hail the Celts are here, what the fukc do we care now.

Hail Hail the Celts are here, what the fukc do we care now.

For it's a grand old team to play for, for it's a grand old team to see, and if you know the history, it's enough to make your heart go five in a row, we don't care what the animals say, what the fukc do we care, for we always know that there's going to be a show and the Glasgow Celtic will be there, and the Glasgow Celtic will be there.

Celtic here, Celtic there, Celtic fukcing everywhere oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Grail????

Holy shite!

Did you see any Von Dutch hats?

How about the worm or windmill running man on the "dance" floor?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
It is actually embarrassing for both teams right now. I honestly don't know who is telling more lies the Rangers or Celtic board.

Anyway, both clubs appear to be embarrassing themselves right now. Celtic will probably be signing two Polish players - one a 29 year-old goalie, Artur Boruc.and a striker who scored 24 goals in 25 league games last year, Maciej Zurawski. I've heard of the goalie before but if these are our 'big' signings, we're in for a long year....

I disagree, it is not embarrassing for both clubs right now. Strachan has barely been in his job for more than 2 weeks now. I don't want him to rush to get signings just to solve the exodus of players leaving the club. He is scouting in Poland right now and what exactly is so wrong with that. I'd rather see him getting value for our money than signing over priced English players. Eastern Europe is just the place to get that. As far as Jackie is concerned, I've never seen so much fuss made over the departure of so mediocre a player in my life.
Jackie and his Dad start defending his move to Wolves in articles in the Daily Ranger. What a surprise, David Murray's personal Pravda taking the opportunity to put the boot into Celtic. Goodbye Jackie, thanks for the sevice and good luck in the English First division. Jackie always played well against the Rangers but was never Captain material. He was incapable of lifting the team by word or deed and as such needed to be replaced. Lennon will sign on Monday and will be named the new club captain although personally I would like to see Stanikan Petrov handed the armband.

Rangers are the team behaving embarrassingly. They use a tabloid to pump up the signing of a Bosman noone else wanted. Not only do Celtic have to explain to it's supporters that we turned down this player's agent several times last year but Everton was forced to do the same. David Moyes told the Liverpool media today that no, Everton were not in any hunt to sign this player, contrary to the lies being spun by Rangers. Moyes stated that he felt the player lacked the correct attitude to play football in Britain.

Rangers have once again demonstrated that they are not to be trusted in the transfer market. They broke their promise to sign big Soti, angering the Panathinaikos board in the process. That's some reputation Rangers are garnering lately. Fcuking over Everton in the Michael Ball fiasco and now the Greeks. The Rangers support have always said, "Nobody likes us and we don't care!"

That's probably not a good motto for the Rangers boardroom to adopt.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Expected a little more from you, Jinky. Do you really believe everything you read in the Daily Retard or only when it suits? They're in the business of selling papers, not supporting football clubs.

With that said, you're assessment of Jackie Mac couldn't be more spot on. Well done!

Buckfast

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
What time are you starting tea tomorrow, Bucky?

Come around 6. Should give us enough time to catch up over a few pre-dinner pints. Have notified the wife of your customs, so she has a grilled halibut filet w/fruit salsa for you. Lovely.

Buckfast

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Come around 6. Should give us enough time to catch up over a few pre-dinner pints. Have notified the wife of your customs, so she has a grilled halibut filet w/fruit salsa for you. Lovely.

Buckfast

BF,

Halibut seems a bit pricey for the Captain.

What is usually on the menu at your place?

HJ

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Halibut is lovely. Heanjob, you're wife is definitely invited, also. Please pick her up at 2AM. The Captain & I don't work fast. Sorry.

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as Jackie is concerned, I've never seen so much fuss made over the departure of so mediocre a player in my life.

True to some degree, Jinky. Yes, he was a mediocre player but the fact that he collected his testimonial money before he fcuked off to Wolves........there is something wrong there and he can get to fcuk. Both teams are an embarrassment right now. Celtic's handling of contracts(Balde for example) is simply ridiculous. After signing a 4 year deal, he has the option to leave for FREE if he has an offer from a bigger club. JackieMac had a choice to stay at the end of the day but he couldn't do it because he was going to Wolves to join a cnut who may have ended John Kennedy's career? Fcuk him.

Balde should NEVER wear the Hoops again.

As for the Huns, they're always an embarrassment when it comes to 'transfers', but we are NO better at this point in time. I'm not blaming Strachan at this point but I'm certainly blaming the board and MON at this point..........

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bucky reads too much follow follow and the Captain reads too much Footymad.

Jackie always delivered against the Rangers. He was never mediocre versus the forces of darkness and for that alone the bluenoses should be glad he's gone. We all know that the Daily Ranger is in the business of selling papers, to those of the orange persuasion. As such, I don't believe anything written in it's pages. Most people outside of Scotland don't know that.

Celtic signed a smart contract extension with Bobo. After the season he had, no one is going to come in for him, least of all Bayern Munich. The big names are being touted by Bobo because they are the only ones who could match his wages. Bobo will be playing in the Hoops next season, get used to it. I only hope they find a mobile centre-half to partner him. Varga should be strictly depth now. I think Xander Diamond would fit the bill, Christ, Neil Diamond would be a better option than Varga.

The Polish striker whose name I refuse to learn until he signs, is due to arrive in Glasgow for contract talks on Monday. So is the Polish No2 keeper, Artur Boruc. Boruc is similar to Marshall in age so I doubt Strachan's keeper search is over. I've said Celtic should go after Niemi since he was back at Hearts. I might even have mentioned him on TTP back in the day. Hopefully he gets that transfer soon.

Rumour has it that signings have been made but won't be announced until the new NIKE jersey campaign is sorted.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Sorry, Jinky, I wish I could follow what you're doing. :rolleyes: My mistake trying to keep up with things.

You beat me to it, Captain.

Sorry, Jinks. Wasn't aware that you sat on CFC's board, in addition to, publishing Scotland's print media. Please excuse our unprivileged dialogue.

Buckfast

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need to thank me lads. Just call me Dr. Kissinger as I did manage to get you two to agree with one another for one fleeting moment.

Most of the posters on follow follow are scum who take their 90- minute bigotry and stretch it out to 24-7.

The Celtic footymad boards don't even compare to that but that isn't to say that it doesn't have it's share of extremists. Sure there are some players about whom I have said that I never wanted to see in the Hoops ever again. Momo Sylla is a great example. That fcuker epitomized lethargy. I would put Alan Thompson in the same boat this season. He knew his spot was secure at left half and took advantage of it by not trying a lick until the last couple of weeks of the season.

So tell me why Bobo doesn't deserve to ever play in the hoops again? If you are judging him by last year's performance, then fair enough. Lots of people were dissapointed by the season he just had but how does that make him much different from most of the team then? As far as Jackie is concerned, I think he had every right to collect his testimonial money and move on. It's a free country. I really won't miss him. After McDonald scored his first goal, Jackie's head went down when he should have been doing his best to lead the team. Stanakin was the only one acting like a captain. He showed exactly why he should be wearing the armband when he quite visibly turned and screamed at Agathe for humping the ball up the field yet again instead of passing to one of his many open teammates.

My point is that Footymad has too many extremists who are too quick to condemn without having all the facts. If it was up to some of them, Celtic would have 11 Peter Grants playing for them. All heart and nae brains.

Check out Celtic Quick News. It's simply a much better informed site than most.

Oh and before I forget, Celtic will win the league this season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So tell me why Bobo doesn't deserve to ever play in the hoops again? If you are judging him by last year's performance, then fair enough. Lots of people were dissapointed by the season he just had but how does that make him much different from most of the team then? As far as Jackie is concerned, I think he had every right to collect his testimonial money and move on. It's a free country. I really won't miss him. After McDonald scored his first goal, Jackie's head went down when he should have been doing his best to lead the team. Stanakin was the only one acting like a captain. He showed exactly why he should be wearing the armband when he quite visibly turned and screamed at Agathe for humping the ball up the field yet again instead of passing to one of his many open teammates.

His comments about wanting to leave if a bigger club comes calling is enough for me to tell him to fcuk off. I don't need Comeonthehoops.com to tell me that or make my decision. Our fcuking negotiators are fcuked in the head for working a free if he decides to go somewhere else. He has now put Celtic second and for that reason, he can fcuk off.

As for Jackie, he had the opportunity to stay, despite the last minute negotiating again. He chose a Mickey Mouse div. 1 team, who he claims is a Premier team in the first division. :rolleyes: I wonder how he is going to react when he meets Ganea(sp?), the cnut who has put John Kennedy out of football for the last year. I'm not saying he is a huge loss for the team offensively but he has been our most consistent performer over the last 2 years. The only one I can think of is Stan, who should be captain now, not Lennon....

Lennon does play for the shirt but he does't have the passion that Petrov has......If our 'big' signings are a 29 year old Polish striker who has played in that bush league(remember Willy Wonka who the Huns stuffed?) then we're really struggling. As for Boruc, I'm pretty sure he is 25, so he has a good 5 years on Marshall........I thought Niemi would have been the ultimate target but what do I know?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously you are entitled to your opinion but so am I.
I've been saying we should sign Niemi for years. I don't think Strachan's hunt for a goalie is over even if Boruc is signed. Hedman will be moving back to Sweden to be closer to his wife. I'd like to be closer to his wife as well. We're all going mental waiting for signings but tell me which clubs are signing players right now? Not many.

As for the polish striker, he's the best striker in Poland and with Poland being about 50 places higher in the FIFA rankings he might just be a better player than say, Hibs' Riordan. Few polish players were signed in the past, not due to a lack of talent, but because work permits were dificult to get for them as Poland wasn't an EU nation. No it doesn't represent a "sexy" signing like a Belamy but I'd prefer not to judge him until I've seen him play. Here he is scoring a rather nice goal, reminds a bit of a goal I saw for PoCoMo in the Brittania tourney many years ago.

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=zurawski

As for Bobo, he is a footballer and as such he is a mercenary. He isn't like you or me in more ways than just the fact that neither of us is a 6'5" black man. ( although I haven't seen you for a couple of months and for all I know you may have been going to Steveston's new Stretch and Tan boutique so who knows?) He didn't grow up supporting the club so at it's most basic, this is a job for the big man. Who knows what the dressing room is like there nowadays as well. Judging by the last few games of the season, things must have grown pretty stale in there. That being said I still like the way WGS dealt with Bobo question. Telling him he should count himself lucky to be at Celtic sent the right message to him and everyone else.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't throw the Bobo out with the bathwater.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the polish striker, he's the best striker in Poland and with Poland being about 50 places higher in the FIFA rankings he might just be a better player than say, Hibs' Riordan.

Fair enough, Jinky, but in Riordan you have a younger player(25 I think) and his cost would be substantially less. He has proven that he can score in the SPL so a 2 million quid transfer fee for the Polish fella(I too refuse to learn his name until he is signed) might seem a bit high. Yes, he score 24 goals in 25 games BUT we saw how bad one of the top teams in Poland were when the Huns humped them in Poland. Let's just hope that WGS is putting the time in to make our team not just better but be able to cope in Europe. It may not be this year but it must be soon......

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0