Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2005/06

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
Oh my God, it's almost as bad as signing a 33 year old Slovak from Duisburg!

Yah, one with credentials at least. Now, Momo Camara, what has he done? Lubo had more skill on his pinky than this plonker. Nice try, Jinky, but not this time.... :D

I'm stunned you're comparing this to Lubo???????Wow, ;) maybe we're more deluded about things than I originally thought......

Hail Hail

BTW, I fancy my chances at left back over Camara. :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point is that very few of us knew anything about Lubo when he signed. I haven't seen this lad play yet. If he is good I will praise him, if he is shite I will say so. Give him a chance. I already like him because he said he will not be talking to Alex Rae. That's a good start right there.

On a footballing level I choose to look at this signing thusly, WGS has replaced Jackie Mac, a right footed midfielder playing left back with a left footed fullback who will play left back. Perhaps Konchesky would have been a more attractive signing but this will do for now.

"Magic" Zurawski will be signed next along with Boruc, followed by Niemi, Diamond, Hartley, Dellas, Bellamy or McFadden on loan and perhaps another midfielder, not sure who though. I also apply no time limit to these predictions.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky said:
My point is that very few of us knew anything about Lubo when he signed. I haven't seen this lad play yet. If he is good I will praise him, if he is shite I will say so. Give him a chance. I already like him because he said he will not be talking to Alex Rae. That's a good start right there.

On a footballing level I choose to look at this signing thusly, WGS has replaced Jackie Mac, a right footed midfielder playing left back with a left footed fullback who will play left back. Perhaps Konchesky would have been a more attractive signing but this will do for now.

"Magic" Zurawski will be signed next along with Boruc, followed by Niemi, Diamond, Hartley, Dellas, Bellamy or McFadden on loan and perhaps another midfielder, not sure who though. I also apply no time limit to these predictions.

Jinky,

Of course I'll give the guy a chance. He is wearing the Hoops now...

Diamond won't be signing as his second cousin, who is a vice-principal at our school, spoke to his mother two weeks ago and he is going to honour his contract. Although I heard through the Bigyun grapevine that Celtic are interested in a straight swap with Aberdeen.......

Zurawski has now said he will decide over the next 7 days....The fact that he didn't want to sign right is away is a little discouraging but he claims Celtic is his number one choice. I read that about Rae also and that is always good. :D Fcuking stinkin' cheating Hun....

Come on the Celts.

Hail Hail

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I guess Nike headquarters are pretty close to the head office of the Portland Timbers.

Makes sense :D

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic begin new season at Fir Park

STEPHEN HALLIDAY

CELTIC will kick-off the new Bank of Scotland Premierleague campaign by revisiting the scene of their astonishing championship collapse last season. Gordon Strachan's first domestic assignment as manager of the Parkhead club will see him lead them to Fir Park to face Motherwell on Saturday 30 July in a game which will be televised live by Setanta Sports with a 12:30pm kick-off.

Rangers will unfurl their 51st Scottish championship flag the following day, beginning their defence of the title against Livingston at Ibrox. The match, former Celtic captain Paul Lambert's first as manager of Livingston, will kick-off at 2pm and will also be shown live by Setanta.

The other games on the opening weekend of the 2005-06 SPL season, which will all take place at 3pm on Saturday 30 July, see Hibs welcome Dunfermline to Easter Road, Hearts travel to Kilmarnock, Dundee United and Aberdeen square off at Tannadice, and First Division champions Falkirk begin their first top-flight campaign for ten years at home to Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The fixtures, which are due to be officially announced at 10am today, were bizarrely leaked last night by the SPL's own revamped website. The error saw all of the first 33 rounds of games, before the top six-bottom six split, published in the fixtures section of www.scotprem.com. They were later removed and replaced by a message which read: 'This new section will appear shortly. Please check back later.'

The embarrassment of breaking their own embargo will clearly be cause for an internal inquiry at the SPL, but the composition of the fixtures should certainly whet the appetites of supporters for the new season which is now just 38 days away.

The first Edinburgh derby of the season takes place on the second weekend, Hearts welcoming Hibs to Tynecastle on Sunday 7 August in a live Setanta match. The satellite broadcaster will then show Rangers' trip to Aberdeen seven days later, before screening the first Old Firm showdown of the season the following weekend.

Celtic will travel to Ibrox on Saturday 20 August for a 12:30pm kick-off as Strachan goes head to head with Rangers manager Alex McLeish, his former Aberdeen and Scotland team-mate, for the first time. Setanta will complete their first month of live coverage with Celtic's visit to Dunfermline on Sunday, 28 August.

It is the Parkhead men's opening day trip to Motherwell, however, which commands most of the attention with the SPL fixture compilers clearly possessing a keen sense of irony as they send Celtic back to Lanarkshire just 69 days after Australian striker Scott McDonald's two goals in the final three minutes of last season consigned Martin O'Neill's team to a shock 2-1 defeat and allowed Rangers to plunder the championship courtesy of their 1-0 win over Hibs at Easter Road.

It is a stiff test for Strachan and will come just three days after the first leg of his team's Champions League second qualifying round tie, the draw for which is made in Switzerland tomorrow. The second leg follows on Wednesday 3 August and Celtic will then have their first home SPL game of the campaign against Dundee United three days later.

Rangers, who do not enter the Champions League until the third qualifying round, travel to Inverness for their first away game in the SPL on Saturday 6 August.

Full rounds of fixtures have been scheduled for both Boxing Day and Hogmanay.

HIGHLIGHTS

30 July '05: Dundee Utd v Aberdeen; Falkirk v Inverness CT; Hibernian v Dunfermline; Kilmarnock v Hearts; Motherwell v Celtic.

31 July: Rangers v Livingston
7 Aug: Hearts v Hibernian
13 Aug: Celtic v Falkirk
14 Aug: Aberdeen v Rangers

20 Aug: Rangers v Celtic; Livingston v Dunfermline
10 Sep: Falkirk v Rangers
24 Sep: Hearts v Rangers
15 Oct: Falkirk v Dunfermline

22 Oct: Aberdeen v Hibernian
29 Oct: Hibernian v Hearts
19 Nov: Celtic v Rangers
26 Dec: Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd

31 Dec: Falkirk v Dunfermline
28 Jan '06: Hearts v Hibs
11 Feb: Rangers v Celtic
11 March: Hibernian v Celtic

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Captain will be taking in the opener against Motherwell, as a few Bhoys on COTH have offered up a ticket on one of the supporters buses. :D I will fly from Belfast to Glasgow in the morning of the 30th and come back on the 31st. :bronco: Fcuking brilliant.

Hail Hail

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
The Captain will be taking in the opener against Motherwell, as a few Bhoys on COTH have offered up a ticket on one of the supporters buses. :D I will fly from Belfast to Glasgow in the morning of the 30th and come back on the 31st. :bronco: Fcuking brilliant.

Hail Hail

Jealous! :(

HEANJOBGREENWITHENVY

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
offered up a ticket on one of the supporters buses. I will fly from Belfast to Glasgow in the morning of the 30th and come back on the 31st. :bronco: Fcuking brilliant.
Hail Hail[/QUOTE

A very excited captain must be taking Ms frizzle's magic (flying) school bus. ;)

haveagoodtimebackintheold(ireland)countrycaptain.

Billy boy

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You call that a smashin away kit?

Take a look at the Ulster Flag, I mean Rangers new away kit.

Stevie Thompson will be banging them in next year tenfold with his handsome noggin attached to that handsome uniform.

By the way, said Glesga Ned:

What's the difference between Celtic and an Arsonist?

An Arsonist would have never thrown away his last match. :p

:knvb:

Champions,

RF

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: You call that a smashin away kit?

Rangerforever said:
Take a look at the Ulster Flag, I mean Rangers new away kit.

Stevie Thompson will be banging them in next year tenfold with his handsome noggin attached to that handsome uniform.

By the way, said Glesga Ned:

What's the difference between Celtic and an Arsonist?

An Arsonist would have never thrown away his last match. :p

:knvb:

Champions,

RF

What a fcuking minger of a shirt.....to match the team. :D Good stuff.....

Hail Hail

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For 2.2m, let's hope he can score 50% of his breakaways. I guess it's a step up from a Burnley reject, though.

So, congratulations to Timothy for a great signing! Hopefully, he'll help make it interesting this year :)

Buckfast

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
For 2.2m, let's hope he can score 50% of his breakaways. I guess it's a step up from a Burnley reject, though.

So, congratulations to Timothy for a great signing! Hopefully, he'll help make it interesting this year :)

Buckfast

Who the fcuk is Timothy, Hunothy? :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, he might be okay and of course he might Tor Andre Flop. Tough to say at this stage. Apparently, WGS is after his fellow countrymen..........

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/41870.html

I've never heard of him either but with most of our signings apparently, we'll just have to wait and see........

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:

Buckfast

Great goals by Magic. I have to say we should now also set our sights on the polski's setting the magic man up...some brilliant passes on the first four goals.

heanjobissmittenwithmagic :knvb:

RF,

Honestly what an ugly kit. Send Alex the Surrey Rangers kit from 1991. Make sure you wash it too. :D

Heanjob

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Who the fcuk is Timothy, Hunothy? :rolleyes: :D

Anyway, he might be okay and of course he might Tor Andre Flop. Tough to say at this stage. Apparently, WGS is after his fellow countrymen..........

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/41870.html

I've never heard of him either but with most of our signings apparently, we'll just have to wait and see........

Agathe is a MON favourite so I am not surprised nor disappointed to see him possibly leaving Paradise.

HJ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if it's a windup or what. There is a rumour mill going on with a few guys I know over in Glasgow. The one guy said there was a certain "welsh hobbit" spotted at Murray Park. WTF!
He and Bazza are friends, is that the explanation? Is there any chance the wee Bellend could be signing for Rangers?!
Probably a piss take, or just banter for lack of real quality action going on right now... But this is reminiscient (sp?) of Mo Johnson's stunning switch.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0